Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was sports bild first thought they were quite good myself. . .

Tah, Havertz and Brandt are all very interesting players!

I've never seen what the fuss is with Isco. He's the classic showpony. The sort of cunt you never get a pass off and always tries a 60yrd pass or 25yard curler, or takes on 4 players.
He's never really been first choice for Spain or Real - in fact has only played 30 odd games more than bale in the same time. Why we would go in big for a player like that is beyond me.

Completely agree. Another Morata

Lamela, Winks, Wanyama ? There would be a lot of exits using that criterion.
lamela - yes get rid.
vic - not sure, want to see what good the summer does him. I also dont think we'd get anywhere near decent £ so worth keeping for now. can reassess if suitable replacements are found.
winks has managed 40 games this year and 100 in three seasons where he's rarely been first choice so he's not that bad. definitely has some injury issues but willing to give him time.

I've never seen what the fuss is with Isco. He's the classic showpony. The sort of cunt you never get a pass off and always tries a 60yrd pass or 25yard curler, or takes on 4 players.
He's never really been first choice for Spain or Real - in fact has only played 30 odd games more than bale in the same time. Why we would go in big for a player like that is beyond me.
Because people live off his Malaga days or think we can pull another VDV.

This 3 weeks to CL final isn't helping our plans.
Must be hard to tell a player we are selling you but try not to think about it concentrate on the final?

So if Eriksen says he wants to sign a new deal tomorrow, we are going to say "no, you'll have to wait until June 2nd"?

Seems a bit daft.

It's regarding outgoings.

How did you come to the conclusion that the article mentioning transfers would mean we'd reject signing a new contract with Eriksen until a certain date?

the vultures will be circling around every player now. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a quick/cheeky signing as agents will try and pimp their players to other teams as soon there is a sniff of interest. It comes down to the player and manager having chemistry and the financials adding up. I'm not certain delaying anything until the CL final will impact anything. A new player wouldn't be integrated now anyway.

Good.

Wales forward Gareth Bale, 29, will turn down a return to Tottenham and is in no rush to leave Real Madrid, with three years remaining on his £600,000-a-week contract. (Mirror)

Turn down??? What a load of old pony..

If anything it's us who would turn him down...

600k a week? Blimey - if I was his advisor I'd just tell him to sit tight, see out his last 3 years and collect the £90 million quid.

He is not right for our club now - we've moved on, we're not the same club we were when he left, he's injury prone.

He's a perfect fit for Man U - they love overpaying for duds.

It's regarding outgoings.

How did you come to the conclusion that the article mentioning transfers would mean we'd reject signing a new contract with Eriksen until a certain date?

Maybe this bit:

Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Fernando Llorente, who have starred in the Champions League campaign, are also facing decisive summers as they approach the final year of their contracts.

Despite the uncertainty, Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino will not allow any of his players to be distracted by talk of their futures and all discussions will be put on ice until after the meeting with Liverpool.

Nothing to do with signing players.

It's regarding players leaving.

Again, not according to the article:

Pochettino is hoping for an overhaul of his squad this summer but Spurs are also considering delaying bids for their top transfer targets to allow the club's full focus to remain on Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom