Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Turn down??? What a load of old pony..

If anything it's us who would turn him down...

600k a week? Blimey - if I was his advisor I'd just tell him to sit tight, see out his last 3 years and collect the £90 million quid.

He is not right for our club now - we've moved on, we're not the same club we were when he left, he's injury prone.

He's a perfect fit for Man U - they love overpaying for duds.
Nah, the mirror just making up that bullshit. He's on £350k a week on all other sites. It's not a foreign-exchange error, either, they are just going for sensational headlines. Surprise sur-fucking-prise.

But it's moot, since he's not going to get that anywhere else, so he'd be crazy to leave. As tough as it is to sit in an ivory castle while Spaniards spit over the fence at you for 3 years, I'd do it for £55,000,000.

Last edited:
Nah, the mirror just making up that bullshit. He's on £350k a week on all other sites. It's not a foreign-exchange error, either, they are just going for sensational headlines. Surprise sur-fucking-prise.
Still 200k a week too much to even consider.

If he wants to play football in a great team with a fantastic stadium and the World's greatest fans then maybe we can talk.

If he wants money then I suggest he heads straight up the M1.....

So if Eriksen says he wants to sign a new deal tomorrow, we are going to say "no, you'll have to wait until June 2nd"?

Seems a bit daft.

Wrong end of the stick.

If Eriksen wants to do a deal, then if his agent and Spurs can finalise it this week or next week, it will be done.

Its just not upsetting players we want in CL final by telling them they are leaving or signing players which put pressure on players we have here (eg signing de Ligt which obviously puts pressures on existing CB's)

Wrong end of the stick.

If Eriksen wants to do a deal, then if his agent and Spurs can finalise it this week or next week, it will be done.

Its just not upsetting players we want in CL final by telling them they are leaving or signing players which put pressure on players we have here (eg signing de Ligt which obviously puts pressures on existing CB's)

See my post a couple above this one.You might be right, but that's not what it says

See my post a couple above this one.You might be right, but that's not what it says

From a practical point of view, if Eriksen has said yes he wants to stay and its possible to get agreement in principle on the terms within say a week its not a distraction and he'll sign a contract.

But if its a more complex negotiation and would take weeks, then no surprise if its put on ice until after 2 June - last thing Poch wants is distracted players within a week of 1 June match.

Ditto the other players.

Still 200k a week too much to even consider.

If he wants to play football in a great team with a fantastic stadium and the World's greatest fans then maybe we can talk.

If he wants money then I suggest he heads straight up the M1.....
Yeah, agreed. I don't know if its sour grapes or not, but I'm 50-50 about getting him back. He's still a great player and the injuries aren't as common/lengthy as some suggest, but still... it just doesn't have the warm glow of your typical marquee signing.

'Gammon Brexit types'? I don't think it's down to politics, I think it's down to an overly romanticized view of Bale and what he'd be able to do if he returned.

I've seen all sorts say they want Bale back, and all sorts say it would be a terrible idea and won't happen (which I agree with).
I've never seen what the fuss is with Isco. He's the classic showpony. The sort of cunt you never get a pass off and always tries a 60yrd pass or 25yard curler, or takes on 4 players.
He's never really been first choice for Spain or Real - in fact has only played 30 odd games more than bale in the same time. Why we would go in big for a player like that is beyond me.

I've never seen the fuss about him either.

I hope we stay clear of Bale even if there was a dash of truth in the unlikely rumours.

He is a quality player without doubt. One of the very best but his halcyon days are behind him and he has nothing left to prove.

He would be possibly like Sanchez as the best comparison that I cam think of.

A player like Bale, if he really wanted to play football would be talking of 'moving on' for one last challenge where the chance to play regularly and be the player who had been there and done it and could shine lke a beacon at a club in need of such a type.

Sadly it just seems that too many multi millionaire footballers acquire this ego towards the end of their careers over real love of the great game.

I say thanks for the memories but nah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom