Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have. Not seeing where we have established I hate athleticism?
tenor.gif

2 things: 1} taking this as 'true' then the only solution to address this in the DOF thread was to bring in Fekir... and 2) that doesn't prove

1) I did.

2) How can I prove it?

I think our biggest problem in forward areas (in most areas) is a lack of intelligence. Pochettino kept signing stupid footballers like Sissoko, Moura, Aurier and Sanchez, then wondered why he couldn't coach them into something tangibly coherent with or without the ball?

You have spent years defending Alli.

What?

Maybe you're confusing me with someone. I was criticising his fucking bumbling from the get go, even in his "good" season.

I suggested he'd make a better job as a (false) 9 than fucking Moura, in the absence of Kane and Son. I still stand by that, even though his finishing's been gash.

1) I did.
so bringing n 1 player is going to address this 'bumble' of the remaining players?

I've got a hypothesis. Perhaps the bumble is caused by a lack of technical ability on the part of our players? I know that's from out of left field but it is a thought. And if there is some merit to it then perhaps bringing in an unathletic ballhog who thinks passing is for when he runs out of ideas isn't the best solution. Just spit-balling.

2) How can I prove it?
Well, it's opinion and you can't 'prove' it, per se. But you response didn't even address how it was our 'biggest problem'. Nor how this braniac of a footballer would solve it.

And also, why did no one else want him last year for the paltry sum of 20M? You say you would like Rangnick and/or Nagelsmann but considering their history would either of those men want that player?

Last edited:
What?

Maybe you're confusing me with someone. I was criticising his fucking bumbling from the get go, even in his "good" season.

I suggested he'd make a better job as a (false) 9 than fucking Moura, in the absence of Kane and Son. I still stand by that, even though his finishing's been gash.
I don't think you have been understanding me this evening. I'll give you one more shot.

fatkid.jpg

There is a real lack of cohesion between his ears at the moment. He has been locked up with his pooch for too long.
There was more to that last sentence but I had a problem posting. I asked him if either of those managers would want that player. WE know they wouldn't but BC's all up in here gagging for him as the solution to what ails us. He is not. He is in exactly the type of situation he needs to be in, the main man...just like coutinho.

There was more to that last sentence but I had a problem posting. I asked him if either of those managers would want that player. WE know they wouldn't but BC's all up in here gagging for him as the solution to what ails us. He is not. He is in exactly the type of situation he needs to be in, the main man...just like coutinho.
I knew what you meant, you know.

so bringing n 1 player is going to address this 'bumble' of the remaining players?

Of course not, but it would certainly remove one of them for one that doesn't wouldn't it.

I've got a hypothesis. Perhaps the bumble is caused by a lack of technical ability on the part of our players? I know that's from out of left field but it is a thought.

Lack of technical ability and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. Luckily someone like Fekir would improve both

And if there is some merit to it then perhaps bringing in an unathletic ballhog who thinks passing is for when he runs out of ideas isn't the best solution. Just spit-balling.

Strange that Liverpool's recruitment team were a medical away from signing this unathletic ballhog eh?

They quite like a

player too.

Well, it's opinion and you can't 'prove' it, per se. But you response didn't even address how it was our 'biggest problem'. Nor how this braniac of a footballer would solve it.

I did point out to you that Poch had filled nearly half our outfield with players he'd signed that clearly lack intelligence. I even named them for you.

We lack intelligence and composure (I did use this word above) - technical and mental - and Fekir might not be the silver bullet, but like Eriksen, he would at least address some of the imbalance - despite not being perfect, like Eriksen had flaws.

And also, why did no one else want him last year for the paltry sum of 20M?

We both know why don't we. It's almost certainly to do with his knee.

You say you would like Rangnick and/or Nagelsmann

If we brought in Rangnick and Nagelsmann, I would understand our recruitment priorities might alter but;

a) We haven't.

b) I'd still take Fekir over Alli and Lamela.

c) Even in my DOF thread, I brought in the young, more "athletic" Eze too, because I like his combination of skill and athleticism, which I think is rare. I'd love us to find a 20m Leroy Sane, I would have happily seen us gamble of a Pepe or Sarr. But I still like Fekir's qualities too and I think if Liverpool were prepared to gamble on him (at more than 20m) then I'm maybe not completely flawed in that notion.

Not in private conversations, you haven't.

You're talking shite. What have I said about Alli in private conversations that's different to what I've said in public ones?

I've been critical of aspects of his game throughout his time publicly and privately. Over on SC I was mullered for criticising him, even during his "good" period.

By all means post all these glowing appraisal's or defences I've given him, privately or otherwise.

Of course not, but it would certainly remove one of them for one that doesn't wouldn't it.

Lack of technical ability and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. Luckily someone like Fekir would improve both

Strange that Liverpool's recruitment team were a medical away from signing this unathletic ballhog eh?

They quite like a

player too.

I did point out to you that Poch had filled nearly half our outfield with players he'd signed that clearly lack intelligence. I even named them for you.

We lack intelligence and composure (I did use this word above) - technical and mental - and Fekir might not be the silver bullet, but like Eriksen, he would at least address some of the imbalance - despite not being perfect, like Eriksen had flaws.

We both know why don't we. It's almost certainly to do with his knee.

If we brought in Rangnick and Nagelsmann, I would understand our recruitment priorities might alter but;

a) We haven't.

b) I'd still take Fekir over Alli and Lamela.

c) Even in my DOF thread, I brought in the young, more "athletic" Eze too, because I like his combination of skill and athleticism, which I think is rare. I'd love us to find a 20m Leroy Sane, I would have happily seen us gamble of a Pepe or Sarr. But I still like Fekir's qualities too and I think if Liverpool were prepared to gamble on him (at more than 20m) then I'm maybe not completely flawed in that notion.
Your avoiding the question BC. You're coming off like another prominent poster round these parts. Everything doesn't need to be a zippy response and neither does it answer my question about your statement of the nebulous 'brains' being our biggest problem and addressing our 'bumbling fuckwits' with 1 player. The Fekir-less Liverpool has nothing to do with it as I asked your opinion based on the players Rangnick and Nagelsmann have used...and neither has used Fekir. And there are more than enough questions about Fekir's technical ability ie his ability to beat a man beyond cutting in from the right and shooting, his ability to hold against pressure without looking for the foul, and his ability to pass beyond last-ditch throughballs from the D when all else has failed. And just dropping Moura won't alter the fortunes that you say afflicts all our attack.

Lack of technical ability and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.
What does that even mean? As stated, you are reminding me that it is possible for a player to be an intelligent donkey. Thanks for that BC. See, if you addressed my points directly you probably wouldn't have tied yourself in knots to come up with that bit of bollocks.

But to be clear I am not saying a lack of technical ability is 'our biggest problem'. I am just saying that it is what afflicts our attack and team in general. But I am asking you, again, to support your statement that a lack of 'brains' is what is doing us in the most. That's the point I'd like you to address and not any ancillary or tangential BS...as I know why you'd prefer to address that stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom