Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EF v RBL game was January 25.
Schalke v RBL was Feb 22, just after RBL had beaten us 1-0 at home.
Yes, the EF game was the beginning of a "sticky" spell for RBL. They went on to draw 2-2 with BMG, lost 3-1 against EF in the Cup and drew 0-0 with Bayern.
Well, I did remember the sticky patch but not sure I should get credit here. Perhaps I should rewatch it. How'd N'Dicka do in that game?

Well, I did remember the sticky patch but not sure I should get credit here. Perhaps I should rewatch it. How'd N'Dicka do in that game?
He was playing LB, so I didn't focus on him at all. I was focusing on how RBL play out from the back, in particular. And the commentary was in German, so anything I learned was all my own work.

He was playing LB,
Yeah, that's been bothering me this year. Seems he's getting played out there instead of LCB because of Hinteregger.
so I didn't focus on him at all.
Thanks for nothing.
so anything I learned was all my own work.
It's the breakdown of society my man. How dare they expect such a thing. Is there anything I can do for you in this time of need?

BC, I have just directly addressed your baseless attack on my person. Perhaps you should focus your reply on that. You just blatantly mischaracterized a situation, repeatedly, to make yourself a victim. I've responded and now you're attempting to change the subject again from the very direct point I have made. Again, I know why you'd like to change the subject matter just like I know why you'd like to change the history of your posts...but they're right here and bookmarked. Have you no shame?

I didn’t portray myself as a victim, I pointed out you were being a condescending prick. They are not the same thing.

Let me know when you have something cogent to add the debate about brains and our issues.

I didn’t portray myself as a victim...
You're probably right BC...

I pointed out you were being a condescending prick.

:roseunsure:

They are not the same thing.
In this instance they are. You are claiming that I was being condescending toward you and not in general or in defense of someone else, etc. You are claiming that you are the aggrieved party you disingenuous, precious flower. Now we are seeing why you can never see why you are wrong. Reason and logic are hard for you.

Take it elsewhere BC. You've embarrassed yourself enough for one day...well, two days.

You're probably right BC...

:roseunsure:

In this instance they are. You are claiming that I was being condescending toward you and not in general or in defense of someone else, etc. You are claiming that you are the aggrieved party you disingenuous, precious flower. Now we are seeing why you can never see why you are wrong. Reason and logic are hard for you.

Take it elsewhere BC. You've embarrassed yourself enough for one day...well, two days.

I have just read back everything. Partly because of our recent exchanges, I think I misread your usual Todd playful condescension as something less playful, and overreacted.

I apologise, unreservedly. I guess once I'd miss-controlled the "condescension" ball, all I could do then was lunge studs up in an effort to recover it. So I apologise for that too.

I do however still stand by my belief that our attack suffers from bigger mental problems than physical ones, though, even last night, I did acknowledge they are intrinsically linked.

I do think, before it got silly, I did state my case and rebut (some at least) your arguments and give you examples (players showing good technique but doing stupid things continually) which supported this. If you ever want to continue this, I'm happy to, I think there's a good debate to be had there.

for what it's worth, my technique is fucking outstanding[spolier]

and to be fair to me

I didn't tell you to fuck off, I said if you were going to be condescending, you could fuck off, I made it optional[spolier]

I honestly think 5 very attainable players could transform us

LB - Jamal Lewis
CB- Ake or Dias
RB - not sure on this one but obv upgrade needed
DM - Hoijberg
CF - Mitrovic

all extremely gettable.

I have just read back everything. Partly because of our recent exchanges, I think I misread your usual Todd playful condescension as something less playful, and overreacted.

But I apologise. I guess once I'd miss-controlled the "condescension" ball, all I could do then was lunge studs up in an effort to recover it. So I apologise for that too.
Yes, I believe you did and it felt self-serving and a cheap deflection in the moment which I believe I pointed out but not in those precise words. But the difficulty I have is that it wasn't just an 'overreaction' BC. You took it way beyond that...or, at least you tried...and you kept going with all manner accusation, deflection, projection, etc. That's the part that sticks, unfortunately. That's the part that says something deeper.

That said, I accept your apology.

...and for the rest, you should have just cut it right there.

I do however still stand by my belief that our attack suffers from bigger mental problems than physical ones, though, even last night, I did acknowledge they are intrinsically linked.

I do think, before it got silly, I did state my case and rebut (some at least) your arguments and give you examples (players showing good technique but doing stupid things continually) which supported this. If you ever want to continue this, I'm happy to, I think there's a good debate to be had there.

for what it's worth, my technique is fucking outstanding[spolier]
and to be fair to me

undefined
just leave it...

I honestly think 5 very attainable players could transform us

LB - Jamal Lewis
CB- Ake or Dias
RB - not sure on this one but obv upgrade needed
DM - Hoijberg
CF - Mitrovic

all extremely gettable.

Hopefully the club will be thinking a bit more out of the box than just those players. I cant see them improving the squad dramatically. An upgrade on what we have for sure though.

No rocket science behind our activity if we naively assume that it will be business as usual for the start of the new season.

I think we will be in a state of real or mental flux for some time.

On a football front though we need at least one but I would prefer 2 strikers. One to challenge Kane and a n other. It is blindingly obvious.

We need 2 full backs and a central defender.

We need a new number one goalie and a central midfielder.

Mostly we need players who can develop into world beaters and who have a system and a voice they respect.

Last edited:
No rocket science behind our activity if we naively assume that it will be business as usual for the start of the new season.

I think we will be in a state of real or mental flux for some time.

On a football front though we need at least one but I would prefer 2 strikers. One to challenge Kane and a n other. It is blindingly obvious.

We need 2 full backs and a central defender.

We need a new number one goalie and a central midfielder.

Mostly we need players who can develop into work beaters and who have a system and a voice they respect.
Why 2 strikers?
If we assume that Harry stays and we have another quality one to compete with him, isn't that enough?

Why 2 strikers?
If we assume that Harry stays and we have another quality one to compete with him, isn't that enough?

No because you should always have a 3rd to bring in on the odd occasion or who can play alongside one or other in case of injury.

Let's assume as has been the case for the last 2 years Kane is injured, then we are an injury away from being back to square one.

If Parrott is as good as his contract extension suggests then he can be the 3rd.

Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema, 32, has defended his comments where he compared Chelsea striker and his France team-mate Olivier Giroud, 33, to a 'go kart' on an Instagram live session. (Marca)

Back
Top Bottom