Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ESPN and other news outlets refer to 10 June, any idea where that date comes from?

Dunno, but it happens every season. It's one of the first excuses out of the blocks for us dawdling at the beginning of the window - "It doesn't open until the xxth of June", even though other teams home and abroad are already getting busy. I remember having the same argument at least two seasons running on The Spurs Show Facebook page years ago with a particularly doe-eyed ENIC fanboy, both times he said he refused to believe the Premier League's own rulebook, that they'd got it wrong.

Not putting you in this category of course, or even suggesting we're anywhere close to having "an argument", but it's odd, isn't it?

You can find the Handbook here...

https://premierleague-static-files....1-7f25f3f7f73f/2019-20-PL-Handbook-060220.pdf

Willian makes no sense as a signing tbh. We just finally started getting some younger talent, adding a 32 year old winger who is passed his best isn’t going to answer our problems.

"I love Spurs and I always will but if I feel we're not progressing as a team or not going in the right direction, I'm not someone who would stay just for fun. I'm an ambitious player, I want to become a top player."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a deliberate mis-quote isn't it.....?

As if HK is gonna say he's not a top player.

...Pretty sure the actual statement alluded to wanting "success".

If they did and we signed Haaland for 100m and had another 100 to spend on some defenders it might be a good piece of business
I get your point but we are never going to sign Haaland, he wants too many clauses in his contract.

He demanded a £60m release clause, which kicks in next summer , of which he and his agent get £30m from it.
I presume he'll want similar in his next contract

"I love Spurs and I always will but if I feel we're not progressing as a team or not going in the right direction, I'm not someone who would stay just for fun. I'm an ambitious player, I want to become a top player."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a deliberate mis-quote isn't it.....?

As if HK is gonna say he's not a top player.

...Pretty sure the actual statement alluded to wanting "success".
Can't speak to the "deliberate" as that would be hard to assess/determine but as far as the "mis-quote" is concerned the answer is probably no. There is a difference between the reported use of "a" instead of the actual "one of" which is within journalistic ethical standards to finesse the spoken word make it more readable if the sentiment is faithfully conveyed. And in this instance it is because HK doesn't seem to include himself as a "top, top" player as he finishes with "...I'm an ambitious player. I want to improve. I want to get better. I want to become one of the top, top players."

There are other slight differences but it would be more than fair to say it is an accurate and good-faith representation of what he said.

They won't need too in the new world.

Unless Harry actively wanted to force a move; why would we compromise on price?

(Not that I'm convinced that 200m was a realistic pre-C19 price; more of an intended deterrent should it have legitimately originate from the club to begin with.)

Unless Harry actively wanted to force a move; why would we compromise on price?

(Not that I'm convinced that 200m was a realistic pre-C19 price; more of an intended deterrent should it have legitimately originate from the club to begin with.)
Once this is all done the time of huge fees and wages is done (for a while anyway) in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom