Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No he hasn't declined he has always been limited.

And just because you are making stuff about how someone would have reacted doesn't make it anymore true.

The fact you can claim to watch Moura and this team and not see the need for creativity and passing, two things Moura cannot offer is baffling to me. Honestly if I hadn't seen how resistant some people are to improving the team if it means moving on from a mediocre player I would think you were trolling to get a reaction.

The idea that improving on Lucas Moura, a player that is clearly limited, is seen as such a negative by you makes no sense. The resistance that some fans have to improving a team that struggled to get to 6th spot, playing trugid football relying on OG's and huge individual errors from the opposition makes no sense.

I will never understand fans not wanting to see their club improve.
You’re American aren’t you?
:mourpointlaugh:
If you aren’t then you’ve been very sheltered.
We won’t immediately improve anything by shipping out Moura for Eze. Sessegnon was tearing up fences at Fulham. He looks like a lost child at Spurs. He was definitely a signing that came back to the EPL from a relegated side.

Kane
Son
Lloris

i would say those 3 you couldn't even debate, no doubt better.
I said he's arguably our best player the last two seasons. Kane and Son are probably the only players that you can have that argument with.

Winks who I don't rate was better. Tanganga better. Bergwijn, although short time period was better.

So that is 10, although you might have an issue with me including guys that weren't here the whole time.
:dawsonlol: Ok I get it, you don't like the guy. That's your opinion.

Confirmed Mourinho on his way to pickup Bale for his medical.

iu

If these deals get across the line can we admit that after last seasons window and this one that we are approaching a new Era at spurs with Levy loosening the purse strings a bit and dare I say backing the manager?

Not a joke. An opinion. He certainly hasn’t been anywhere near the “shit list”. He dragged us from the abyss in that semi final. Probably one of the best individual performances I have seen (alongside Bale v Inter)
Quickly forgotten though, and back to a bit part player. It happens when you have Harry Kane declaring he is fit for the final (when he wasn’t if my eye witness evidence means anything). I don’t think Lucas is anywhere near as bad As people make out. And he gave me the biggest heart stopping moment in over 40 years as a Spurs fan when he put that last second winner away. I felt like I’d come a million times. My West Ham supporting neighbour was in the pub with me that night. Every fucker in that pub was a spurs fan that moment. Scenes. Limbs. It was mad.
So maybe I’m biased. But I resent comments claiming as fact that we would be better off right here, right now, with some young lad from a Lower league. Utter fucking gash.
I can appreciate everything lucas has done for spurs and will always love how he puts his heart into every minute that he is on the pitch

Having said that there is no objective way of claiming he has been a better player than Son or Kane over the last two seasons

In my opinion ofcourse

If these deals get across the line can we admit that after last seasons window and this one that we are approaching a new Era at spurs with Levy loosening the purse strings a bit and dare I say backing the manager?
Or he realises that with success comes the need to maintain it. With increased revenues he’s more flexible with spendings

Kane
Son
Lloris

i would say those 3 you couldn't even debate, no doubt better.

No doubt better players, but all three have really fucked us by their absence at various fairly frequent points over the last couple of years.

So I can understand why folks are looking to praise players who have been more regular contributors.

Toby was a decent shout for Player of the Season last year on that basis, IMO.

You’re American aren’t you?
:mourpointlaugh:
If you aren’t then you’ve been very sheltered.
We won’t immediately improve anything by shipping out Moura for Eze. Sessegnon was tearing up fences at Fulham. He looks like a lost child at Spurs. He was definitely a signing that came back to the EPL from a relegated side.

Nope not American, not that it matters if I were anyways.

You are arguing against bringing a poor fit. I don't think that bringing in a bad player is suggested by anyone.

Mount and Abraham came from the Championship and were very useful in Chelsea getting top 4. Grealish came form the Championship and was one of the most celebrated players in the league last year.

Eze himself had an impressive debut as a sub for Palace.

And for about the 400th time it doesn't have to be a player from the Championship Eze was an example.

He has been a good soldier for us, playing when needed and never complaining. Seems like a good guy as well.

But we have a surplus of wingers and a real lack of creativity in our squad. Moura does not offer any help in that area. He is a poor passer, has poor vision and is not good at receiving and keeping passes.

If it is easier for people to move Lamela go ahead, I think Lamela is more useful because of his ability to come on late when we have a lead and help run the game out but he is so limited himself that replacing him helps as well.

The main point is that we need to add creativity to the line-up, it would be nice to add youth to the squad. Replacing one of the two wingers who do not add any creativity with a player that does would be nice.

I know this idea blows the mind of many on here so I will let it go because it is not worth dealing with the people that can't handle it. We can continue to go down the path of Moura being one of our key attackers and hoping we can keep getting OG's and Brenton lining up with a highline back 3 of Morgan, Bennett and Evans and see how that works for us.

Load of conceited bollocks based on you shifting the agenda of the debate elsewhere.....

Lucas or Eze (or Lamela) now becomes people not being able to comprehend a future without Lucas as a "key attacker"?

Fuck off.

Last edited:
I can appreciate everything lucas has done for spurs and will always love how he puts his heart into every minute that he is on the pitch

Having said that there is no objective way of claiming he has been a better player than Son or Kane over the last two seasons

In my opinion ofcourse
He deserves a solid mention though mate. I don’t disagree with you about who may have been better, but my issue is the “let’s shit on Lucas” brigade. Not only is it unfair, but it’s patently inaccurate

No doubt better players, but all three have really fucked us by their absence at various fairly frequent points over the last couple of years.

So I can understand why folks are looking to praise players who have been more regular contributors.

Sure praise him for being healthy but best player at the club? Health or not that is not debatable.

You are arguing against bringing a poor fit. I don't think that bringing in a bad player is suggested by anyone.

Mount and Abraham came from the Championship and were very useful in Chelsea getting top 4. Grealish came form the Championship and was one of the most celebrated players in the league last year.

And for about the 400th time it doesn't have to be a player from the Championship Eze was an example.
Cool story bro

Load of condescending bollocks based on you shifting the agenda of the debate elsewhere.....

Lucas or Eze (or Lamela) now becomes people not being able to comprehend a future without Lucas as a "key attacker"?

Fuck off.

Always nice to see you come in and make up your own little narrative.

LOL

I said he's arguably our best player the last two seasons. Kane and Son are probably the only players that you can have that argument with.

:dawsonlol: Ok I get it, you don't like the guy. That's your opinion.

Lloris is also no doubt better. There is no argument that Lucas has been better. I also would struggle to see the argument that Lucas has been better than Toby.

And as mentioned the only argument that Lucas has been better than GLC or Eriksen is time at the club and that is a pretty weak argument at best.

Always nice to see you come in and make up your own little narrative.

LOL

Are you saying you didn't write this:

"I know this idea blows the mind of many on here so I will let it go because it is not worth dealing with the people that can't handle it. We can continue to go down the path of Moura being one of our key attackers and hoping we can keep getting OG's and Brenton lining up with a highline back 3 of Morgan, Bennett and Evans and see how that works for us."

Save yourself the follow-up essay. You're full of shit

So ...
Tell me about Mount & Abraham. Which championship clubs did they come from?
And Grealish. Didn’t he start off with Villa in th Premier League?
Your knowledge must be pretty extensive to know some stuff about these lads I don’t.

Care to explain which part I made up.....?

Or are you saying you didn't write this:

"I know this idea blows the mind of many on here so I will let it go because it is not worth dealing with the people that can't handle it. We can continue to go down the path of Moura being one of our key attackers and hoping we can keep getting OG's and Brenton lining up with a highline back 3 of Morgan, Bennett and Evans and see how that works for us."

Save yourself the follow-up essay. You're full of shit

The part about shifting the argument.

The argument has always remained the same we should upgrade Lucas with a more creative, preferably younger player.

So ...
Tell me about Mount & Abraham. Which championship clubs did they come from?
And Grealish. Didn’t he start off with Villa in th Premier League?
Your knowledge must be pretty extensive to know some stuff about these lads I don’t.

Mount was at Derby in the Championship during the 2018-19 before coming up to Chelsea last season.

Abraham played in the Championship in 2018-19 at Aston Villa.

Aston Villa were in the Championship with Grealish in 2018-19.

I don't think it is extensive that is pretty well known and easy to find out stuff to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom