Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still a long way to go, if Romano is right and he usually is about these details then it’s ridiculous we have let it get this far with out having the wages part sorted at the first hurdle.

Sounds like it could be the agent orchestrating this and leaking it to the press after all to try and force Madrid’s hand.

Not sure that tactic will work.
It’s not ‘we have got this far’.. It’s a game by Sky and Fabrizio along with Mr. Barnett who use a powerplay to force the move. Not us, not Levy, not Madrid. Sky knew exactly what kind of pressure and hype the news would create for us. I still think there is a possibility to get it over line though. Real are desperate to get rid. But it will drag on until the end...
Man utd will probably come in again as a dark horse and to pressure us further.
I hope I’m proved wrong though

The
Still a long way to go, if Romano is right and he usually is about these details then it’s ridiculous we have let it get this far with out having the wages part sorted at the first hurdle.

Sounds like it could be the agent orchestrating this and leaking it to the press after all to try and force Madrid’s hand.

Not sure that tactic will work.
He’s been way behind this deal all the way. He’s got great contacts but he’s blagging this one IMO.

That was all down to James Rodriguez leaving for a free to Everton and the Chinese club broke the negotiations as they wanted it to be a free transfer aswell for Bale, which Madrid refused.

The alleged chain of events was that the deal was agreed on the basis of no fee and full wages (a payrise in fact!); then RM decided they wanted a fee afterall and the deal fell apart.

Rodriguez being a whole 12 months later had nothing to do with it.

I'd love us to offload Lamela and Moura. Other players like Aurier, Sissoko and Winks get the grief but those 2 just dont offer anywhere near enough and underline why we have gone so stale. Nothing personal they have always given their all but they are such frustrating players to watch. If we get another good forward that can play with Kane we're more than covered.

It’s not ‘we have got this far’.. It’s a game by Sky and Fabrizio along with Mr. Barnett who use a powerplay to force the move. Not us, not Levy, not Madrid. Sky knew exactly what kind of pressure and hype the news would create for us. I still think there is a possibility to get it over line though. Real are desperate to get rid. But it will drag on until the end...
All the noise from the Madrid end is that they expect all his wages to be paid, when everyone else knows that’s patently ridiculous. They’re trying to save face, but everyone knows they are gonna have to pay some of his contract.

Heres a sincere question - if/when Bale signs because he’s coming from Spain will he need to quarantine for 14 days?! If so it will be even longer before he reaches full fitness.

Mount was at Derby in the Championship during the 2018-19 before coming up to Chelsea last season.

Abraham played in the Championship in 2018-19 at Aston Villa.

Aston Villa were in the Championship with Grealish in 2018-19.

I don't think it is extensive that is pretty well known and easy to find out stuff to be honest.
Hahahahahahaha
Mount & Abraham were loaned out by Chelsea to gain experience. Grealish has never played anywhere other than Villa.
You are digging a huge hole for yourself here.
Add this to your TAA faux pas & you’re beginning to prove that you know less about football than me.
You are using players like TAA,JG, MM & TA to prove that players like Eze are bound to improve us. On what planet does that even make sense, even taking into account your absolute rickett about TAA?
Jesus.
In your eyes, Eze is a better option than Bale. Bravo
:mourpointlaugh:

I'd love us to offload Lamela and Moura. Other players like Aurier, Sissoko and Winks get the grief but those 2 just dont offer anywhere near enough and underline why we have gone so stale. Nothing personal they have always given their all but they are such frustrating players to watch. If we get another good forward that can play with Kane we're more than covered.

If we sell Lamela & Lucas our backup wingers (who we'll 100% need!) are Bergwin & Clarke... An ST2 doesn't balance that out at all. (Esp. as Bale is only a strong maybe atm.)

The Lamela debate has raged for years, but the idea that Lucas isn't good enough for our bench is twaddle.

Heres a sincere question - if/when Bale signs because he’s coming from Spain will he need to quarantine for 14 days?! If so it will be even longer before he reaches full fitness.
I read somewhere elite athletes are exempt if they test negative upon arriving

(Don't fully know if this is correct though)

Back
Top Bottom