Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahahahahaha
Mount & Abraham were loaned out by Chelsea to gain experience. Grealish has never played anywhere other than Villa.
You are digging a huge hole for yourself here.
Add this to your TAA faux pas & you’re beginning to prove that you know less about football than me.
You are using players like TAA,JG, MM & TA to prove that players like Eze are bound to improve us. On what planet does that even make sense, even taking into account your absolute rickett about TAA?
Jesus.
In your eyes, Eze is a better option than Bale. Bravo
:mourpointlaugh:

LOL

Are you really this dense?

I have never said Eze is a better option than Bale, I directly spoke out against it.

Also have many times stated the player doesn;t have to come from the Champioship you have just latched onto that because you think it is somehow a great way to argue against the point even though it has been shown through players like Mount, Grealish and Abraham that players in the Championship one year can be good in the PL the next.

Not sure why Grealish being with Aston Villa long term changes the fact he was in the Championship or Mount being with Chelsea as a youth changes the FACT he was in the Championship one year and good in the PL the next year.

The TAA was an honest mistake, I know they are never allowed on a message board but laughable you try to spin that against me.

Everything indicates we are buying him rather than loaning him.

If that is the case tho', then that puts a different spin on any supposed tug of war between us & RM with regarding to wages and there's been no shift at RM's end since last summer....

No way we're paying 96.6M (600kpw) in wages over a 3 year deal.

If it is a transfer and not a loan; all of a sudden it becomes a negotiation between us and Bale.

One way or another I sense smoke and mirrors and 'ego protection' on RMs part.

If we sell Lamela & Lucas our backup wingers (who we'll 100% need!) are Bergwin & Clarke... An ST2 doesn't balance that out at all. (Esp. as Bale is only a strong maybe atm.)

The Lamela debate has raged for years, but the idea that Lucas isn't good enough for our bench is twaddle.
We'd likely play a front 3, Bale, Son, Kane. That would still leave us Berg, a new striker who i said can play in a front 3 and Alli. Even Sessegnon if needs be if he isnt loaned. Fact is we are going to have to recoup some money from somewhere and we are also going to have to lose some foreign players. Moura possibly is good enough for our bench but he doesn't score enough, he barely assists at all and we'd get reasonably decent money for him.

LOL

I have never said Eze is a better option than Bale, I directly spoke out against it.

Also have many times stated the player doesn;t have to come from the Champioship you have just latched onto that because you think it is somehow a great way to argue against the point even though it has been shown through players like Mount, Grealish and Abraham that players in the Championship one year can be good in the PL the next.

Not sure why Grealish being with Aston Villa long term changes the fact he was in the Championship or Mount being with Chelsea as a youth changes the FACT he was in the Championship one year and good in the PL the next year.

The TAA was an honest mistake, I know they are never allowed on a message board but laughable you try to spin that against me.
LOL

I’m spinning nothing. Just watching you make a complete twat of yourself over and over. Carry on as you were.

Heres a sincere question - if/when Bale signs because he’s coming from Spain will he need to quarantine for 14 days?! If so it will be even longer before he reaches full fitness.

Money will talk... He'll just be fast-tracked through a covid test.

Heres a sincere question - if/when Bale signs because he’s coming from Spain will he need to quarantine for 14 days?! If so it will be even longer before he reaches full fitness.
No. Apparently there is a different rule for "sportsmen of high level" that allows them not to quarantine: they just need to be tested negative

It's a wazzy it's a woozy.

Fuckin' fairy dust.

tenor.gif

On an actual transfer related note - I agree that it seems Fabrizio Romano is relatively out of the loop on this one. Great connections usually and I'd take his word as gospel on anything Serie A related (so Belotti or Milik news in our case) but he's not been tweeting out stuff that lines up right with this Bale story from the start.

Back
Top Bottom