Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's great but i'm disappointed it's only 12months, it could very well propel us towards the CL spaces only for his stock to go up and he goes somewhere else for a load of cash. I was really hoping we could get him for minimum of two years which would give a bit of stability. Maybe we should only be thinking about the next 12months? CL and maybe a bit of silverware

It's great but i'm disappointed it's only 12months, it could very well propel us towards the CL spaces only for his stock to go up and he goes somewhere else for a load of cash. I was really hoping we could get him for minimum of two years which would give a bit of stability. Maybe we should only be thinking about the next 12months? CL and maybe a bit of silverware

Just because it's only 1 year initially, it doesn't mean he won't be here longer.

I am probably ENIC out or more swinging that way. My view comes from years of leaving gaping holes in the team and not pushing on when under Poch and Redknapp we could have won’t things with a few decent purchases.

I was neutral during the stadium as that is brutal for the club but was very disappointed in how Levy managed Poch and was shocked to see him hire Mourinho who needs money.

If Mourinho is backed and I mean properly backed, not just Bale but by the end of the window a striker, DM and CB then I will accept he has changed his spots. If the facts change I change my opinion, Levy still has to do a lot more work than Bale for me, but it’s a good start.

Ideally I would want Levy to stay but get a proper DoF of high calibre to Run the football side.

I don't mean to dig you out, but do you not think Mourinho has been backed this window? I know there's some debate about PEH and whether he's a DM or not, but I think we can all agree that he's a tackling/interception midfielder so effectively he's a defensive midfielder. Right back was an issue, Doherty has come in and hopefully proves to be an astute purchase.

Left back has been addressed with this Madrid player coming in, and then there's Bale on what are massive wages for our club, but he's a world class player and one of, if not the best, players to have ever put on the shirt.

It just seems to me a little unfair to say he's not being backed this window because we've not also signed three more players on top of this, which actually would be a bit mad to think in a single window we'd be adding seven new first team players... As we know how well that worked out previously.

Got a mate who works at Hadley Wood golf club in Herts which is near the training centre and he told me Bale is already booked in for 18 tomorrow afternoon, i called bullshit as he can be a wind up merchant but then he sent me this back, its happening people!!!!!! :tobyarm:
Screenshot-2020-09-17-094752.png

Am I the only one that doesn’t think the loss at Everton was what made the club go after Bale?

It might have accelerated the talks a bit though

I don't mean to dig you out, but do you not think Mourinho has been backed this window? I know there's some debate about PEH and whether he's a DM or not, but I think we can all agree that he's a tackling/interception midfielder so effectively he's a defensive midfielder. Right back was an issue, Doherty has come in and hopefully proves to be an astute purchase.

Left back has been addressed with this Madrid player coming in, and then there's Bale on what are massive wages for our club, but he's a world class player and one of, if not the best, players to have ever put on the shirt.

It just seems to me a little unfair to say he's not being backed this window because we've not also signed three more players on top of this, which actually would be a bit mad to think in a single window we'd be adding seven new first team players... As we know how well that worked out previously.

The issue is more our squad is/was a bit of a mess which goes back a few seasons of not replacing players properly.

We have had a to do a huge catch up job and to be fair it looks like we might be doing it but if we are talking top 4, of having a manager like Mourinho you cannot do that particularly given the powerful competition with holes in the squad.

For me we need a top CB to replace Verts, an out and out DM who can pass well and a striker. Once that is done we have a well balance squad able to effectively in theory fight for the top 4. Backing is relative to the league and competition you have, this squad would walk the Scottish league but if we are talking Chelsea, Woolwich, City, Liverpool even Everton and Wolves you can’t expect to do well sticking square pegs in round holes

Bale and Reguilon won't have to isolate will they? Unless they test positive?

I'm pretty sure the likes of James Rodriguez didn't have to?

Back
Top Bottom