Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It seems you've forgotten just how stale we were the season before last
Fully aware but one game away from being champions of Europe and finishing 4th suggests the 2018 window wasn’t the Armageddon it’s been made out to be.

It wasn’t the back up that was the problem, it was the likes of Dele and Eriksen underperforming, the manager playing a shit tactic and playing Kane when he was injured.

Fully aware but one game away from being champions of Europe and finishing 4th suggests the 2018 window wasn’t the Armageddon it’s been made out to be.

It wasn’t the back up that was the problem, it was the likes of Dele and Eriksen underperforming, the manager playing a shit tactic and playing Kane when he was injured.
I thought you said ENIC should have a bought a back up striker?

I think things would have played out a different way if we hadn't had gone 2 transfer windows without signing anyone. anyway, the past is the past. Let's not dwell on it.

Why are you still trying to defend that shambles.

The knock on effects are clear to see. One of the most exciting young teams in Europe to the grinding, lethargic shambles we became last year.

Even Levy's most hard core supporters admit it was a mistake.

Why can't you, just for once, show some humility and admit you was wrong

I just hope Levy has enough in the coffers for a striker and I hope we are scoring the globe for a central defender, whether that is for now or in the next few months.

Dier and Alderweireld are not the answer if the question is what central defensive pair will bring us success.

I wanted to ask you. if we get past FC northern macedonia, would you be allowed to watch us against maccabi haifa (assuming they get through too) would you be allowed in the stadium?
The match is at the New Lane (if things fall in order) not Haifa.
Anyhow Israel is on lockdown until October 12th so not only behind closed doors but I wouldn’t be allowed near the ground even if it were to be played here

Spurs sending out an early morning notification on their app? They are definitely announcing the signings today. Watch their be another couple of pointless notifications on the app to keep us watching.

Why are you still trying to defend that shambles.

The knock on effects are clear to see. One of the most exciting young teams in Europe to the grinding, lethargic shambles we became last year.

Even Levy's most hard core supporters admit it was a mistake.

Why can't you, just for once, show some humility and admit you was wrong
Morning John.

As I said, we nearly won the Champions League John.
Signing de Ligt and Barkley wasn’t the issue.

You missed all the Bale euphoria, the thread has been a blast. So did Scott.

What a surprise.
But say 2018 and you’re here like a fly on shit.

I think things would have played out a different way if we hadn't had gone 2 transfer windows without signing anyone. anyway, the past is the past. Let's not dwell on it.
Happy not to dwell on it, but as I said, the manager had his go to guys regardless of who we signed, and they were the guys that let us down ultimately, not Sissoko or Winks or Trippier

Back
Top Bottom