Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep.

Hitchin is 1 finger typing an announcement tweet as fast as he can. Has been for a few days now.

images

Looks like a Russian villain from a spy thriller.

You said that a back up striker wasn't a problem but yet you acknowledge they should have bought one, which means it was a problem. We'll never know whether he would have played a back up striker in the final because we didn't buy one and give him that option.
Or maybe the back up striker wouldn't have scored a hat-trick in the semi's and we wouldn't have got to the final. The bloke that did started on the bench. It's a never ending circle.

Liverpool not signing anyone is good because they won stuff
Wait, are you trying to insinuate that you are above ends-justifies-means reasoning? Awww, that's cute Sammy. But you were the one bringing Liverpool up to justify the Sammy summer.
oh look they signed players
As everyone knew they would, with true quality, when they needed somebody
look how focused and professional they are.
Good of you to take notice. Now contrast it to Spurs and you will see where we went wrong. And then, along with the other 99.99999% of supporters, the caboose that is our beloved Sammy will fall in line with other rational folks.
Oh let me fuck you liverpool you’re so good and whatever you do is right....
Says the man that used the fact that we didn't strengthen as the reason for our reaching the CL final. But that was all well and good until the Thiago transfer. And now the Jota transfer. And soon the Kabak transfer. And they do this after accomplishing something they've been trying to do for almost 30 years. That is focus and professionalism Sammy. But at least we've got the Amazon documentary.

Last edited:
Wow. Took a year off here after the negative implosion last year..... come back to see it’s still the same! Sammy at war with everyone. Mistakes of the past spoken like it was yesterday. Seems even Bale can’t save us!

a shame.

(and yeah I know I wasn’t missed. Yeah I know I can fuck right off. Yeah I get it! 🤣)

Errrr the point being they needed to strengthen.
Are you the final arbiter on whether or not they needed to strengthen? They were literally still accomplishing their goals so why did they need to strengthen? We weren't accomplishing anything yet you say we didn't need to strengthen. So to Sammy success = needs improvement and failure = keep doing it and see if you get a different result next time. Awesome Sammy.

You say that but Liverpool won the PL and didn’t sign anyone, and we could have won the CL without signing anyone had our manager been brave like he always babbled on about
Perhaps he wouldn't have had to be as brave if he had reinforcements of similar quality to what Liverpool is buying. Strengthen while you're at the top and you will stay there longer Sammy. Otherwise you'll struggle against Plovdiv.

Perhaps he wouldn't have had to be as brave if he had reinforcements of similar quality to what Liverpool is buying. Strengthen while you're at the top and you will stay there longer Sammy. Otherwise you'll struggle against Plovdiv.
“We have to be different”

Being different won us a quarter final against City and a semi against Ajax when his hand was forced.

Kane took his crutches off though and suddenly we didn’t have to be different, we just went back to being the Harry Kane team.
#brave

You said that a back up striker wasn't a problem but yet you acknowledge they should have bought one, which means it was a problem. We'll never know whether he would have played a back up striker in the final because we didn't buy one and give him that option.
It was a problem because Llorente and Janssen were under used. I said we should have sold both and bought Wilson and Cavani that January.
Wilson would not have been picked over Kane in the final.
We both know that.

Back
Top Bottom