Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've a keeper that can make double the mistakes in one instance than any other keeper. Give away a goal and injure himself in one shiity instance.

New keeper is our number one priority
More than CDM , CB and RB
Lloris has made his mistakes but he's also been left wayyy to exposed
If you combine his saves + Gazzaniga's save count = 110
Only Dubravka with 117 has made more saves. We need a shield infront of our GK before replacing the GK

Only Dubravka with 117 has made more saves. We need a shield infront of our GK before replacing the GK
More than any other position.

A team with a keeper you can trust has more confidence and belief.

A goalkeeper has since the day and hour football began been the most important position on the field and was before the term defensive midfielder ever existed

Also, out of interest, i wonder did Hugo's fuckup against Brighton essentially count as a save?

Also, out of interest, i wonder did Hugo's fuckup against Brighton essentially count as a save?
Nah it was a catch from a cross which isn't registered as a Shot on target
More than any other position.

A team with a keeper you can trust has more confidence and belief.

A goalkeeper has since the day and hour football began been the most important position on the field and was before the term defensive midfielder ever existed
I also think we need to give the guy a bit of time. Before the Brighton game apart from that Cruyff turn he was having a great season and then when you come back from a serious injury you can expect inconsistency whatever position you play.

We've a keeper that can make double the mistakes in one instance than any other keeper. Give away a goal and injure himself in one shiity instance.

New keeper is our number one priority

Nah not even close, Lloris is prone to mistakes but he is having to do far too much. His stats are extremely good and comparable to the best in the league, with a massive hole in our budget due to coronavirus an expensive new keeper is not a priority.

Build a new midfield that can actually protect our defence and we will not need to worry about a new keeper this summer. It's embarrassing the way that even dross like Burnley and Norwich can walk from one box to the other and get their shots on target. You could put Alisson in our goal and he would look shit too, the balance of our team is totally wrong due to our non-existent midfield.

Nah not even close, Lloris is prone to mistakes but he is having to do far too much. His stats are extremely good and comparable to the best in the league, with a massive hole in our budget due to coronavirus an expensive new keeper is not a priority.

Build a new midfield that can actually protect our defence and we will not need to worry about a new keeper this summer. It's embarrassing the way that even dross like Burnley and Norwich can walk from one box to the other and get their shots on target. You could put Alisson in our goal and he would look shit too, the balance of our team is totally wrong due to our non-existent midfield.
Too much to do does not excuse you dropping a simple cross because you jump like a mentally fucked up salmon, or try and do drag backs against a striker or run into your own player for absolutely no reason.

But hey, it's good to know we can look past all this with confidence

Any of you guys familiar with the Hertha CB - Torunarigha - ( reachingforthestars reachingforthestars ?) just had the Hertha game on, but was paying scant attention to it though, but did notice this fella carrying the ball forward on a Vertongehnesque surge forward at one point ?

Anyone seen anything of him?

Yeah, dunno.

Once saw a Hertha game where he played LB. He didn't stand out, but the commentators did make a point about him being a quick CB. I know he's represented Germany at some youth level, but besides of that, I don't really have a feeling about the guy.

Kai Havertz att Bayern Leverkusen looks like as real prospect. But too good to be a Kane understudy.

Going to Bayern Munich when?

Last edited:
Kai Havertz att Bayern Leverkusen looks like as real prospect. But too good to be a Kane understudy.

Going to Bayern Munich when?

Yeah, we missed our chance the past couple windows. He is legit. I don't see him as a Kane understudy though. Would rather utilize more of his technical ability in buildup than being an out and out striker.

Havertz is much more in the Alli/Müller mold than Kane.

Though lets be clear, in that evolutionary chart (like one of those ones that shows apes evolving into men) Muller is the one who's most upright, Havertz half crouching and Alli is walking on all fours.

But I agree, they all belong to that hard to figure out exactly what they are or where they should play but have "something" category.

Yeah, we missed our chance the past couple windows. He is legit. I don't see him as a Kane understudy though. Would rather utilize more of his technical ability in buildup than being an out and out striker.

Havertz has definitely got more composed technique under pressure than Alli, he's a "good" footballer, with some good qualities but, like Alli, I can't really see where he fits easily into any side, and with Alli here already, I'm not really bothered about missing out on Havertz.

There's a fair bit of snobbishness about Thorgen Hazard, and I was not a huge fan of his early on, so was as guilty as anyone, but the more I watch him the more I think he's actually a pretty decent footballer, who'd be a fucking massive upgrade on nearly all of our AM's - Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn, Alli - he's no Eden, but he's a pretty intelligent and technically proficient footballer who's pretty consistent, and wouldn't cost a fortune either.

Back
Top Bottom