Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised he hasn't moved on to a PL team yet. He is a tricky player that did well on the counter when I watched him. Think he would probably love the move, but also would probably want to be a starter, so a move to a midtable team would be a better option.

He looked good last year.... Worth a punt; tho not likely the kind of player on our radar this widow.

Last edited:
Cantwell 15m...... Anyone?

At 15m, yes please.

HG and offers more than either Sissoko or Gedson in the MF. Plus at 22 still some room for him to improve as well. Would be a great option to have off the bench and useful to help us be a little more creative in the Europa League games if we are resting Lo Celso and/or Ndombele.

If Poch was still our manager, Daka as well as VDB would be 100% spurs players by now.

Young (attacking) talents know Dinosaur, unlike Poch, has never been interested in developing young players or playing a style of football suitable to attacking players.

By the time Dinosaur fucks off, we will be behind the likes of Everton and Leicester in pecking order, something unthinkable before this season. All Poch's hard work will be undone by then.
Holy fucking ratio'd
:mourlmao:

People are going to disagree, but he is a smarter move for me than Skriniar. I have seen more of Kim in all honesty because I watch the Korean national team and I like what I see in him. Plus he is cheap.

I would rather have low risk, high reward than high risk situations. The posters I tend to agree with on player evals seem to be weary of Skriniar.

My biggest issue is that our back line looks exceptionally weak because we lack a defensive minded mid. I cannot believe we have gone another window with Winks being out main option.
performance in national team is never a good indicator, like what we have seen from Paulinho.

If Poch was still our manager......

He's gone, left last November. Live with it and move on FFS. How long do we carry on these discussions about someone who has been away from the club nearly a year now ?

Let's flush the 'if's' and 'maybe's' down the pan and concentrate on the 'here and nows'. We are Spurs supporters and that means getting behind the current manager and squad. You want to shout 'If Poch was here we would have a better set of players and be higher up the league' then fine, I don't have a problem with that, as long as you choose another fucking forum to do it in.

At 15m, yes please.

HG and offers more than either Sissoko or Gedson in the MF. Plus at 22 still some room for him to improve as well. Would be a great option to have off the bench and useful to help us be a little more creative in the Europa League games if we are resting Lo Celso and/or Ndombele.
We don't have enough money for that.

:paulinhobored:
What do the vets say about his injury?
:dierno:
200.gif

We don't have enough money for that.

We could easily sell players to get the needed money.

If we bring him in we likely don't need all of Gedson, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura. Gedson doesn't get us money but we should be able to move one of the other 3 for 15m at least.

You may think it’s nonsense, but the entire planet knows that Kane plays when he’s even half fit. Every striker knows they won’t shift him. Does someone take a risk and hope Kane gets injured to give them a chance? Even if they come in at that point and score a hatful, Kane is back in the team when he says he is. Naming this as nonsense is fine, but it doesn’t make the actual real life issue go away.

Kane can play the CAM role really well. Need to sell the prospective ST backup on that setup (4-2-3-1), 4-4-2, and when Kane is rested. Should easily be able to get at least 15 starts and 15 sub appearances a season, all comps, out of that. I'm not seeing why that would be too unappealing for a ST looking to move to a bigger club with continental play.

If we bring him in we likely don't need all of Gedson, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura. Gedson doesn't get us money but we should be able to move one of the other 3 for 15m at least.
We've only sold one player this window and there is one week left, it's not looking good.

You play far too many computer games.

If we bag this ST & CB that's 7 players in...... It's not 'click & collect'..... These things take time.

If we manage to shift one or two fringe players late in the window it won't be so we can buy yet more players.

Cantwell isn't a winger and wouldn't cover the same role as Sissoko either.... Cover for GLC maybe, but we have more pressing concerns.

why do we always struggle to move players on? It can’t be us demanding too much for them because it’s not like we get high figures for the players like Liverpool and Chelsea seem to do.

I'd like to think that we see the need for a biggish squad this summer so sales are comparatively low priority.

We've only sold one player this window and there is one week left, it's not looking good.

Sure I think there is a less than 1% chance that we will get Cantwell but money won't be the reason why. It will be because once again we overvalue our mediocre experienced players and will keep guys like Sissoko, Lamela, Moura rather than bring in someone younger, who is more talented and offers something useful off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom