Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk of more players in on loan but isn't max 2, Spurs already have Gedson and Bale.

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

We'd have to send Gedson back if we wanted Vinicius, Edouard or whoever....

EDIT: That's just English clubs...... You'd think they'd note the rules about foreign trfs on the same page..... Guess not. :pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

We'd have to send Gedson back if we wanted Vinicius, Edouard or whoever....

Going off the stats he appears to have a great recent record and is on an upward curve in his career. Players from that league seem to have adapted well to ours in recent times, and YouTube seems to suggest at the very least that he has the right physical make up (though admittedly YouTube makes Super Pav look like Pipo Inzaghi).

That said, the fact that he started out at centre back does conjure worrying memories of Julio Baptiste... or Gary Doherty 😱

Loans to PL clubs (or Temporary Transfers as PL Handbook calls them) on page 228.

Maximum of 2 loans in at any one time - so with Bale and Gedson loaned in, we'd need to cancel Gedson loan to loan in another loan player like Vinicius ?

That's specifically with ref to players FROM other English clubs.....

Fifa says loans would be limited to eight out and eight in per season per club for the 2020-21 campaign, going down to six by the 2022/23 season. The new rules were designed to ensure that loans "have a valid sporting purpose for youth development."

I guess we fall under that jurisdiction.....?

I was asking to see if you had any particular first hand knowledge of the player beyond the rehashed boilerplate. Just wanted to know, seeing as you were so inclined to share your opinion, if it was informed or not. I got my answer.

And many around here have knowledge of Daka (not so much Sorloth) because RBS is a team of note and their players get scattered around to top teams when they leave. I personally don't and therefore wouldn't share an uninformed opinion nor some other nonsense as if it was my own.
He’s new here, like me. But from the posts I’ve seen him share on SC, he’s the kind of person who researches before spouting any old BS, or ‘rehashed boilerplate’. Get the impression - for whatever reason - that he’s triggered something for you, possibly?

Back
Top Bottom