Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet we are still out-gunned in terms of resources by a number of teams in our league.... More teams in fact than any other league subjects a team to that's expected to compete for honours.

This is the real damage done by Chelsea & City (and maybe soon Newcastle).... Yet you choose to laud their spending.

Don’t see why anyone should criticise them. It’s just jealousy as far as I’m concerned. I used to laugh and take the piss, but fact of the matter is their supporters see their club win trophies. Would be the icing on the cake if Newcastle do get this takeover and start getting success. That would just take the piss.

I'm 'crying' because I want to be ambitous . If your ok with ENIC pulling the wool over our eyes then fine , but we're not going to get along...

If you insist on straw-manning my every reply "we're not going to get on"....

You're the same guy that thinks we'll get 20-odd million for each of our dregs this summer.... Your just one of an endless string of people drunk off of Football Manger whom think they have got the transfer market sussed.

How about you just belt up and save your moaning for whatever we eventually actually do rather than things that haven't even happened?

The window isnt even open yet FFS.

Last edited:
I've glorified nothing.

My support of this club isn't based on entitlement.... I enjoy it. You clearly dont and show no signs of having ever done so.

Newsflash: Most clubs don't win stuff.
Do most clubs charge some of the highest ticket prices across the globe ?

Why are we even looking at this list???????????
That's my problem , why are we sniffing free agents...
A couple of their names could be good backup ST's , thats about it

I dunno, a global pandemic with no idea when a vaccine or solution will be found, no fans in the stadium leading to a potential loss of profits equalling £200m, no players willing to take a pay cut during this time, chairman of Huddersfield saying 60 odd clubs could be at serious threat of functioning if this goes on for a while.... yeah you’re right decent free agents really aren’t worth looking at in the slightest as things stand

If you insist on straw-manning my every reply "we're not going to get on"....

You're the same guy that thinks we'll get 20-odd million for each of our dregs this summer.... Your just one of an endless string of people drunk off of Football Manger whom think they have got the transfer market sussed.

How about you just belt up and save your moaning for whatever we eventually actuallydo rather than things that haven't even happened?

The window isnt even open yet FFS.
Not delusional.
Half our fanbase could run the footballing side of the club better than Levy
Players like Foyth would fetch £15m in this sort of market. I don't even play football manager.

I do agree with your point though that nothing has happened yet , Your right maybe its too early to judge but I already harbour bad feelings about it.

I dunno, a global pandemic with no idea when a vaccine or solution will be found, no fans in the stadium leading to a potential loss of profits equalling £200m, no players willing to take a pay cut during this time, chairman of Huddersfield saying 60 odd clubs could be at serious threat of functioning if this goes on for a while.... yeah you’re right decent free agents really aren’t worth looking at in the slightest as things stand
But Chelsea are paying £50m for Werner.
Go away mate. We don't need Levy's PR team on this forums.
We already know all of this yet other clubs somehow are able to invest...

Even if he didn't, he still chose to play Nkoudou over Edwards numerous times.

Poch was awful with youth. One of his biggest failings here.
Well, now. That can't be right. Because Poch changed English football, you know.

"Football in England changed with that Southampton team of 2013-14, there is no other team that had as big an impact in changing the mindset,” Pochettino told Guillem Balague's Talking Football show on La Liga TV.

“We arrived at a club with a president like Nicola Cortese who gave us what we needed to create something unique in English football. Our ability to adapt to a completely different environment was incredible.

"We found a group of players who wanted to learn from the experiences we brought from Spanish football, and with the quality to play a different style of football to that which everyone in English football was used to. Young players started to appear, and people started to trust in young players, also in the English national team."

But Chelsea are paying £50m for Werner.
Go away mate. We don't need Levy's PR team on this forums.
We already know all of this yet other clubs somehow are able to invest...

Look at Chelsea’s accounts, look how they operate and try to realise its you that’s being unrealistic about comparing our model with theirs

Edit, even given you the link to click on if you can be arsed to. You probably won’t though, people don’t like to research things they just like to slate things face value. Just in case you don’t bother doing so, their current Profit/ loss reserve still stand at nearly £800m in losses

Last edited:
Chelsea buying one of the world's most coverted players and we're sniffing around the free market and half of our fanbase don't care. That's why we'll never win stuff. Wake up!
The only way this changes mate is with new owners along with new direction, there is no sign of that so we are stuck with what we have which is why I have given up worrying about it.
I understand what your saying and yes it's embarrassing, that a club with such high entry prices is poking through the jumble sale bins, but it never takes much of an excuse for the financial brakes to be put on.

Back
Top Bottom