Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't understand the Dier dislike.
Excellent footballer who has had very bad injury and illness luck.
Looking forward to his new contract news.
How much have you had to drink tonight? Maybe you think we're back in 2017
Have you watched him play in the midfield. Leggy , no turning point , cannot do basic footballing tasks. Better at CB but not a CB... so...

It was Vorm.

Doesnt negate the fact that Gazzaniga has been in training.
Gotcha, I didn't see him in any of the recent ones and the test was announced two days ago so it's possible he was in training, tested positive and has been out the last two days.

Anyway, maybe I am stretching this speculation too far at this point...

:mourloopy:

Let’s all be honest here, it’s going to be Fraser and Giroud on a free with Dier/ Vertonghen signing new contracts and that will be it. We all know it. Spurs will announce they Vertonghen contract right at the end, just to appease the Levy sympathisers. Utterly pathetic this club
Sorry to break this to you... Giroud isn't available for free.

Someone tell me why this can't be pulled off?
Outs:Ins:
Foyth
Amos
Carter-Vickers
Rose

TOTAL:£25m
Aarons
Eze
Giroud

TOTAL : £25m
Swap Hojberg for Walker-peters + Maybe a little cash figure , so the club spend like £5m out of their own pockets.

We still need a CB if Foyth and Vertonghen goes but as Dier/Tanganga are now CB's we can wait until January + There are always some CB free agents out there or maybe we can get one on loan..

How much have you had to drink tonight? Maybe you think we're back in 2017
Have you watched him play in the midfield. Leggy , no turning point , cannot do basic footballing tasks. Better at CB but not a CB... so...
And yet one of the best managers of all time keeps picking him and when fit is an England regular.
Jose and Gareth dumb-you smart.

Foyth
Amos
Carter-Vickers
Rose

Aarons
Eze
Giroud

Swap Hojberg for Walker-peters + Maybe a little cash figure , so the club spend like £5m out of their own pockets.

We still need a CB if Foyth and Vertonghen goes but as Dier/Tanganga are now CB's we can wait until January + There are always some CB free agents out there or maybe we can get one on loan..
I’d imagine Arrons would take that £25m up by himself

And yet one of the best managers of all time keeps picking him and when fit is an England regular.
Jose and Gareth dumb-you smart.
He doesn't get called up to England anymore really.. And the last game he played for England was the spain one apart from that nope... Besides Southgate's been calling up Lingard for time so this doesn't mean anything. Jose tried to pick him in CDM and when that failed bench him until he had enough of his CB's making fuck ups so tried to give Dier a go there. Nothing special.
I’d imagine Arrons would take that £25m up by himself
Clearly you have no understanding of the effect of COVID then. Norwich would have struggled to demand that in a normal window with their likely relegation..

Foyth
Amos
Carter-Vickers
Rose

Aarons
Eze
Giroud

Regardless of Covid I'll be surprised if Aaron's isn't 25m on his own.

Foyth
Amos
Carter-Vickers
Rose

Aarons
Eze
Giroud

Because we wouldn't get those 3 for a combined £25,000,000

Clearly you have no understanding of the effect of COVID then.

Jeeesus..... That's rich!

You've been oblivious to it this past few weeks (previously stating: 15m for Foyth.... 20m for Rose etc.); now you wanna grossly under estimate the price-tags of players you like just to flex your "this transfer market malarkey is easy"-muscles.

Norwich would have struggled to demand that in a normal window with their likely relegation..

Yet we paid 30m for Sessengon a year back when he got relegated having not impressed in the EPL.... The way people gush about Aarons one would assume they think he passed his 'audition' and would have ordinarily attracted an even bigger pricetag than Sess..... Lets say £35m (considering he's 'proven' and English).

Sure, knock a bit back off for C19 factor, but his price will still be more than you're assuming.

Same as Eze.... If QPR need cash, they're not likely to just crumble and just accept £5m + Amos.

Last edited:
I think wasting £100,000,000 on players, when we had youth players capable, is bad business.

He was a coach. His job is to coach and he did a fucking awful job at coaching our young players. Simple as that.
Like he coached our players to four succussive top 4 finishes and a Champions League final. Both achievments unprecedented.

Yeah, fucking awful.

Like I said, he was a Premier League Manager, not a youth team manager.

Give me a list of young players he discarded who you believe will go on to prove themselves at the highest level.

Like he coached our players to four succussive top 4 finishes and a Champions League final. Both achievments unprecedented.

Yeah, fucking awful.

Like I said, he was a Premier League Manager, not a youth team manager.

Give me a list of young players he discarded who you believe will go on to prove themselves at the highest level.

He did - well done him.

I didn't discredit his ability to coach well made players.

I discredited his ability to develop young players. You're right, he's not a youth manager, so perhaps he should have fucking left the youth manager to develop them? Instead of calling them up, refusing to loan them out, stopping them from playing competitive football altogether and ruining their development.

Sadly, the list isn't very big because most of our best young talent ended up going 2 or 3 years without playing the consistent competitive football that you need to... you know.... develop. In fact, it gotten so bad that some of our most promising young talent have gone to actually leave us because of it:

Nya Kirby
Noni Madueke
Luis Binks
Keenan Bennetts
Rheo Griffiths

Just to name 5.

One of the ones who managed to escape early though, Veljkovic has gone on to play over 100 games in the Bundesliga and gone to a World Cup with his country.

I think Edwards, Tanganga and Skipp will both go on to prove themselves at the highest level.

Last edited:
Nya Kirby
Not sure you can put him in this category tbh.

He wanted out as he wanted to go Chelsea which was his team by all accounts but then got shafted as we threatened to report Chelsea and they pulled out.

By all means though the rest definitely stagnant due to poch and his lack of loans.

He wanted out as he wanted to go Chelsea which was his team by all accounts but then got shafted as we threatened to report Chelsea and they pulled out.

By all means though the rest definitely stagnant due to poch and his lack of loans.

Who was the young lad that fucked off to France a year or so ago?

But I really liked him :(

Jeeesus..... That's rich!

You've been oblivious to it this past few weeks (previously stating: 15m for Foyth.... 20m for Rose etc.); now you wanna grossly under estimate the price-tags of players you like just to flex your "this transfer market malarkey is easy"-muscles.

Yet we paid 30m for Sessengon a year back when he got relegated having not impressed in the EPL.... The way people gush about Aarons one would assume they think he passed his 'audition' and would have ordinarily attracted an even bigger pricetag than Sess..... Lets say £35m (considering he's 'proven' and English).

Sure, knock a bit back off for C19 factor, but his price will still be more than you're assuming.

Same as Eze.... If QPR need cash, they're not likely to just crumble and just accept £5m + Amos.
Sessegnon was younger than Aarons and more coveted + Fulham are a much stronger financial club than Fulham
Aarons wouldn't even be £25m in a normal window if Norwich get relegated
Foyth would fetch £15m , a lot of clubs like that sort of player (abroad)
Rose would get £10m just because Newcastle won't be too affected and that'd be the going rate for a LB of his quality.
Call me Delusional maybe..

Back
Top Bottom