Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon was younger than Aarons and more coveted + Fulham are a much stronger financial club than Fulham
Aarons wouldn't even be £25m in a normal window if Norwich get relegated
Foyth would fetch £15m , a lot of clubs like that sort of player (abroad)
Rose would get £10m just because Newcastle won't be too affected and that'd be the going rate for a LB of his quality.
Call me Delusional maybe..

"Delusional, maybe"....

Thanks for reading the last line and ignoring everything else :)

I didn't ignore any of it.... You just summed it up perfectly yourself. :)

(I could cut and paste answers for each point out of things I've previously posted to you, but really; what would be the point?)

Someone tell me why this can't be pulled off?
Outs:Ins:
Foyth
Amos
Carter-Vickers
Rose

TOTAL:£25m
Aarons
Eze
Giroud

TOTAL : £25m
Swap Hojberg for Walker-peters + Maybe a little cash figure , so the club spend like £5m out of their own pockets.

We still need a CB if Foyth and Vertonghen goes but as Dier/Tanganga are now CB's we can wait until January + There are always some CB free agents out there or maybe we can get one on loan..
We don’t need Eze, unless we are selling Lamela.
Aarons will be between £15/20m alone. Giroud I imagine will be around £5m.

A defensive mid is much more important than Eze. Holjberg seems the trend, and I can see it happening. I could probably see KWP going to Norwich as a swap for Aarons rather than Southampton on a permanent.

‪Out:‬

‪Rose - £5-7m‬
‪Foyth - £10-12m‬
‪KWP - swap/part exchange ‬
‪Carter-Vickers - £2-3m‬
‪Aurier - £15m‬
‪Lamela - £15m‬

‪Total = between £45-50m‬

‪In:‬

‪Aarons - £15m (potentially exchange KWP)‬
‪Holjberg - £10m‬
‪Giroud - £5m‬
‪Willian - Free‬

‪Total - £30m‬

‪Profit - £15-20m‬

Last edited:
Sessegnon was younger than Aarons and more coveted + Fulham are a much stronger financial club than Fulham
Aarons wouldn't even be £25m in a normal window if Norwich get relegated
Foyth would fetch £15m , a lot of clubs like that sort of player (abroad)
Rose would get £10m just because Newcastle won't be too affected and that'd be the going rate for a LB of his quality.
Call me Delusional maybe..
I'll not call you delusional maybe, but have you considered there could be a problem.

If Newcastle are so rich and can afford the best players, chances are they'll not go for Rose.

I'd take £5million for him from anyone. Also talk about Foyth is somewhere between £8 and £10million

We don’t need Eze, unless we are selling Lamela.
Aarons will be between £15/20m alone. Giroud I imagine will be around £5m.

A defensive mid is much more important than Eze. Holjberg seems the trend, and I can see it happening. I could probably see KWP going to Norwich as a swap for Aarons rather than Southampton on a permanent.
I'm pretty sure I read an article just after the January transfer window where Giroud said he would have preferred Napoli as his next club and was disappointed not to join them.

Barring Nkoudou and Njie, to say that any of our academy players would come close to the quality of any of the other players you mention above is nonsense. And don’t get me wrong, that really isn’t fucking saying much about the quality of said first team players.

You really think we'd have been much worse over the last three years if we'd let KWP and Onomah/Marsh/Skipp fuck about than Aurier and Sissoko ? Edwards in the squad instead of Moura flitting about like a human pin ball ? I really don't think we'd have been any worse off, but would have been about 150m in fees and wages better off now, plus the value that the HG players would have been sold for by now if they turned out to be as shit as that bunch.

This argument that academy players have to be world beaters to be any use is bogus, as you say yourself, signings we have made certainly aren't.

Like he coached our players to four succussive top 4 finishes and a Champions League final. Both achievments unprecedented.

Yeah, fucking awful.

Like I said, he was a Premier League Manager, not a youth team manager.

Give me a list of young players he discarded who you believe will go on to prove themselves at the highest level.

Where's Hood when you need him!

He was a PL football manager. Not a fucking PE teacher.
Are you honestly saying the likes Marcus Edwards and Cameron Carter Vickers would have taken us to higher level then we achieved
Get a fucking grip, man.

No they wouldn't - have the players he bought and kept picking ahead them ?

He's not a PE teacher but he was brought in specifically because he was supposed to be able to work and develop decent academy players. We had two that won the U19 WC who he gave about a dozen games between them in three years, whilst picking the shite he bought and they took us down a couple of levels.

Is it only me that feels that transfers should be suspended over this summer? In all probability, we will have small clubs going to the wall for the lack of an amount that correlates with a top player's monthly wage. It just doesn't sit well with me, but then again, I still think that we shouldn't be playing games without spectators.

Is it only me that feels that transfers should be suspended over this summer? In all probability, we will have small clubs going to the wall for the lack of an amount that correlates with a top player's monthly wage. It just doesn't sit well with me, but then again, I still think that we shouldn't be playing games without spectators.

There's a lot of weight to that sentiment Mrs. P.....

I'm still wondering what happened to all the talk of the rich leagues helping support the lower ones through this crisis.... All gone quiet on that front.

No they wouldn't - have the players he bought and kept picking ahead them ?

He's not a PE teacher but he was brought in specifically because he was supposed to be able to work and develop decent academy players. We had two that won the U19 WC who he gave about a dozen games between them in three years, whilst picking the shite he bought and they took us down a couple of levels.
According to the man himself, he changed English football, invented playing out from the back at Espanyol and deserved to win the CL last year. What more do you want?

A lot of clubs are relying on transfers to keep going.
Tough problem to solve. Any clubs spending big bucks at this time will disgust me but probs not their fans.

Jeeesus..... That's rich!

You've been oblivious to it this past few weeks (previously stating: 15m for Foyth.... 20m for Rose etc.); now you wanna grossly under estimate the price-tags of players you like just to flex your "this transfer market malarkey is easy"-muscles.

Yet we paid 30m for Sessengon a year back when he got relegated having not impressed in the EPL.... The way people gush about Aarons one would assume they think he passed his 'audition' and would have ordinarily attracted an even bigger pricetag than Sess..... Lets say £35m (considering he's 'proven' and English).

Sure, knock a bit back off for C19 factor, but his price will still be more than you're assuming.

Same as Eze.... If QPR need cash, they're not likely to just crumble and just accept £5m + Amos.
Eze has only a year left in contract though so QPR are not in a very strong position. I would say 10 max with Amos

Eze has only a year left in contract though so QPR are not in a very strong position. I would say 10 max with Amos

Depends if anyone else comes sniffing tbh.... Being English I don't know why one of the Mancs wouldn't wanna take a punt for HG reasons.

Back
Top Bottom