Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is our problem, we have lost the chance of getting some good players all because he thinks he’s a smart boy and holds back when it comes to transfers. They all know his tactics!
He likes his big bonus every year. We need better that this ENIC lot!
Breaks me completely when that other shower finish better than us.
I don't see levy trousering the money, for me his problem is "going for it " his financial prudence means the brakes are always on.

Bergwijn's statistics - and remember he is still only 22.

2019/20 Goals Assists
- NL 5 10
- Spurs 3 - (and that's from only 6 matches due to injury)

2018/19 (NL) 14 12 (when aged 21)

2017/18 (NL) 8 7 (when aged 20)

So its highly likely that for a 2nd season in succession he will end up with a combined over 20 goals, despite an injury) and assists total, and whilst a lot of that is in Netherlands, he was notching those up when aged only 20 and 21.

IMO getting over 20 goals and assists combined in a season is a good achievement - Lamela has only once got there in one season out of 7 with us, and Moura never as he has very few assists so Bergwijn based on the above is likely to be at the same sort of levels as Eriksen (and Alli) has got to in the previous 4 or 5 seasons which is typically around 22, mainly in Eriksen's case weighted towards assists.

And whilst Bergwijn has yet to register an assist in his 6 matches at Spurs his beautiful cross which Son's header didn't quite beat De Gea on Friday, clearly shows he can get assists - and he runs with his head up so likely to see those opportunities, much more so than say Moura who tends to run with his head down.

Personally I am really excited to have Bergwijn who shows signs of being a really speedy winger with a decent productivity (say 20+) of goals and assists. And whilst you may call Son 'streaky' he's consistently achieved an average of circa 26 combined goals and assists in the last 4 or 5 seasons for Spurs.

And btw, Aurier achieves a number of assists, but at the cost of his defensive duties at which he's not very diligent.

I would like to see Eze at Spurs to offer us attacking options (perhaps in place of Moura or Lamela) and probably after Jack Roles has been on a loan at say a Championship side next season re-evaluate him as an option too. And of course Ryan Sessegnon is still almost an unknown as he's scarcely plaid at Spurs.

Come back to me when he's got 20 g/a in a PL season.

Personally, I'd rather have just spent 10-15m on Eze and put the rest toward a decent 6.

Last edited:
Levy is our problem, we have lost the chance of getting some good players all because he thinks he’s a smart boy and holds back when it comes to transfers. They all know his tactics!
He likes his big bonus every year. We need better that this ENIC lot!
Breaks me completely when that other shower finish better than us.
Hey Bouncer . You've been a member here for 7 years mate. But only made a handful of posts.
We could do with far more input from sensible, reasonable common sense viewpoints like this.
Look forward reading much more from you in the future.
(There's also a Levy out poll somewhere you might be interested in)

Last edited:
He may not be trousering the money in the literal sense, but he's certainly doing very well for himself off the back of our football club

Daniel Levy named on rich list for first time with wealth of £329m
No one hasn't said he has done well off the back of it, if you or I were doing his job I bet our houses,cars and bank balance would be considerably better than it is right now.
All these owners and or chairman do well from these clubs I don't begrudge them that, however I have always felt that the club is constantly driven along with the brakes on, and can never fully get up to speed because he holds us back.

Last edited:
No one hasn't said he has done were off the back of it, if you or I were doing his job I bet our houses,cars and bank balance would be considerably better than it is right now.
All these owners and or chairman do well from these clubs I don't begrudge them that, however I have always felt that the club is constantly driven along with the brakes on, and can never fully get up to speed because he holds us back.
Completely agree about the brakes being on and holding us back. Not so sure about too many owners or Chairmen out there making shitloads out of their clubs though.

Last edited:
Come back to me when he's got 20 g/a in a PL season.

Personally, I'd rather have just spent 10-15m on Eze and put the rest toward a decent 6.

Ho ho ho,

If Bergwijn had 20 g/a per season in PL before we bought him, we probably couldn't afford him.

Eze was not available for £10-15m in January.....only reason we might get him for £10m-£15m or quite possible more this summer is because by then he will only have a year left on his contract.,,,,,,and QPR are skint.

And he's got 13 goals and 8 assists (ie combined 21) in 40 games this season in the Championship aged 21 (not dissimilar to Bergwijn in NL who got 26 g/a aged 21).

If we use your criteria to only buy him when he has 20 g/a in PL we wont be able to afford very many players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom