Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With you 100% on this. I've watched and watched and waited but compared to Lewis. he's a busy bee, running around, looking good but in actuality, accomplishing very little. I just don't understand the hype.
He will make people beg I mean actually beg to have Aurier back. I've said this once saying it again Cantstand,Aarons, Pukki, Godfrey. Dont touch any of them. There's a reason why Norwhic both suck and blow and that's four of em. They belong in the championship not at Spurs.

I've seen AC Milan and Everton been liked to this guy.

I swear the media have a find and replace for Everton/Spurs for every transfer article.

I mean really...

Shame

IMO despite Aurier contributing a number of assists, my sense is that Sissoko (nominally a CM) has to spend some time covering his defensive lapses.

Result is we have 1.5 people playing RB........and 1.5 people playing at CM which is why its a weak spot for us.

So I'd really like to upgrade on Aurier as it would upgrade both RB and CM.

2 upgrades from one transfer......what more do you want !

I don't think that's really a thing. Aurier gets up and down reasonably well. People have been saying this for every Rb we've had. We have always had attacking RB's and CM2 systems.If you have a system where you push your FB's up then your CM2's are always going to be needing to do more work, which gets particularly exposed when none of your CM's are really rounded enough, defensively good readers or dynamic enough, to pick up that slack. When we had Wanyama in there he was excellent at this.

Walker had brainfarts and was often guilty of giving the ball away with a sloppy pass when we were all pushed up, then we had Trippier apparently getting "out of position", now people are saying the same with Aurier.

It's one of the reasons why I wish we'd play a 433.

I don't think that's really a thing. Aurier gets up and down reasonably well. People have been saying this for every Rb we've had. We have always had attacking RB's and CM2 systems.If you have a system where you push your FB's up then your CM2's are always going to be needing to do more work, which gets particularly exposed when none of your CM's are really rounded enough, defensively good readers or dynamic enough, to pick up that slack. When we had Wanyama in there he was excellent at this.

Walker had brainfarts and was often guilty of giving the ball away with a sloppy pass when we were all pushed up, then we had Trippier apparently getting "out of position", now people are saying the same with Aurier.

It's one of the reasons why I wish we'd play a 433.

Think the big difference is the greater number of defensive errors Airier makes versus others.

Wanyama was fit for only about a season so only a small part of Walker's time at Spurs.

Do you actually think Airier is a good RB ? Or one that Spurs need to find an upgrade for ?

Think the big difference is the greater number of defensive errors Airier makes versus others.

Wanyama was fit for only about a season so only a small part of Walker's time at Spurs.

Do you actually think Airier is a good RB ? Or one that Spurs need to find an upgrade for ?

Just out of curiosity, how many errors has Aurier made leading to a goal this season?

Just out of curiosity, how many errors has Aurier made leading to a goal this season?

Cannot recall too many but he's often been in the attacking 3rd well protected by Sissoko moving from his cm position to protect his back which is why we shouldn't be conceding goals from Airier mistakes. So that tactic is effective in some ways even though it weakens cm.

It's not the worst idea of managers but still think we have weakened our cm to need to support the RB.

Do you agree that getting a new RB and DM would improve Spurs ?

Cannot recall too many but he's often been in the attacking 3rd well protected by Sissoko moving from his cm position to protect his back which is why we shouldn't be conceding goals from Airier mistakes. So that tactic is effective in some ways even though it weakens cm.

It's not the worst idea of managers but still think we have weakened our cm to need to support the RB.

Do you agree that getting a new RB and DM would improve Spurs ?

I agree that getting a new RB and DM would improve Spurs.

However, I think getting a new LB and DM would improve Spurs too - and I don't remember Davies making too many defensive errors leading to goals either.

Back
Top Bottom