Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only thing that he seems to be good at is getting the ball and stopping to have guys run into him and draw a foul. He did it to Dier and Sissoko against us and to create the corner for the 1st WH goal today.

Defenders should just stop and let him have the ball because he is crap with the ball at his feet. Once he gets the ball he is zero threat at all.

Not saying I disagree with you, but his game-winning assist was quite good

In all honesty... how much could we generate from each of the following players:

Walker-Peters
Aurier
Rose
Foyth
Sissoko
Winks
Lamela
Clarke

Thinking out loud but I wonder if Jose has plans to offload a fair few so he can add a couple of bigger hitters to the ranks. I have a feeling there’s a fair old amount of change he’s planning, feel it in my waters.

In all honesty... how much could we generate from each of the following players:

Walker-Peters
Aurier
Rose
Foyth
Sissoko
Winks
Lamela
Clarke

Thinking out loud but I wonder if Jose has plans to offload a fair few so he can add a couple of bigger hitters to the ranks. I have a feeling there’s a fair old amount of change he’s planning, feel it in my waters.

We'd get about £100,000,000 for that lot, in my opinion.

But would be pointless selling Winks. He's HG, doesn't kick up a fuss and could certainly do the job against certain opposition.

Walker-Peters
Aurier
Rose
Foyth
Sissoko
Winks
Lamela
Clarke

But would be pointless selling Winks. He's HG, doesn't kick up a fuss and could certainly do the job against certain opposition.
I reckon we could get 60m+ for the first five (KWP, Aurier, Rose, Foyth, Sissoko), though feel KWP will be a makeweight in the Højbjerg transfer valued at around 15m.

As Totti Totti says: Winks is a no-goer and neither is Lamela given Mourinho's quotes today regarding who will 'be playing next season'. I think it'd be stupid to sell Jack Clarke right now when he's worth little and could be one good loan choice away from improving greatly next season.

Castagne £15m, Min-Jae £13.5m, Milinkovic-Savic £50m, Hojbjerg £20m, Milik £25m = £123.5m

KWP - £10m, Aurier £20m, Rose £10m, Foyth £10m, Sissoko £15m, Winks £30m, Lamela £20m, Clarke £5m = £120m

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Austin
Castagne, Sanchez, Dier, Alderweireld, Man-Jae, Tanganga, Davies, Sess
Milinkovic-Savic, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp
Dele, Lucas, Son, Bergwijn
Kane, Milik, Parrott

Far fetched? Unrealistic? Too many Aperol Spritz for a Wednesday? Be honest TFC, give me your worst about big changes in the outs and how we’d look if we could invest in the areas I’ve racked my brains over this evening.

Last edited:

What if selling Winks and getting Hojbjerg allowed us to sign another CM like the Lazio lad Savic? I like Winks but is he really a Mourinho type midfielder? We know he is GLC and we know he’s loved a Matic type player in the past

I mean I'd just rather not Hojbjerg.

Honestly Totts I’d be shocked if we don’t need end up getting him. I just have a gut feeling one or the other when it comes to Sissoko and or Winks are under the radar at the moment.

We will see but £100m in on sales to give the manager £100m to throw about may not be a bad thing necessarily. Jose still has a very high stock and reputation, it would be good to utilise that whilst we can and have the window of opportunity to.

Castagne £15m, Min-Jae £13.5m, Milinkovic-Savic £50m, Hojbjerg £20m, Milik £25m = £123.5m

KWP - £10m, Aurier £20m, Rose £10m, Foyth £10m, Sissoko £15m, Winks £30m, Lamela £20m, Clarke £5m = £120m

Kane, Milik, Parrott

Far fetched? Unrealistic? Too many Aperol Spritz for a Wednesday? Be honest TFC, give me your worst about big changes in the outs and how we’d look if we could invest in the areas I’ve racked my brains over this evening.

I think SMS would cost more or they will just keep him. Also if we are keeping Ndombele and Alli how does SMS fit into the line-up with GLC, Hjobjerg, Alli, Ndombele? That's 5 guys who think they should start for 3 spots.

I doubt Milik comes after what his agent said and don't see much point in adding the Korean CB, would rather spend more to get an actual quality CB or better young guy than add him. All he does is block Tanganga from getting much needed minutes.

And finally no way we sell that many guys. I have no issue with any of them going although think Winks and Lamela are fine back-ups but zero chance that the team moves out that many key guys even if we should.

Honestly Totts I’d be shocked if we don’t need end up getting him. I just have a gut feeling one or the other when it comes to Sissoko and or Winks are under the radar at the moment.

We will see but £100m in on sales to give the manager £100m to throw about may not be a bad thing necessarily. Jose still has a very high stock and reputation, it would be good to utilise that whilst we can and have the window of opportunity to.

We have no DM

So no one is under the radar if we sign Hojbjerg.

Winks/Lo Celso are competing for one place right now, with obviously only one winner and with a proper DM, I assume it'll be between Ndombele and new CM or Sissoko.

If it's a new CM - I don't think we'll sell Sissoko, but he'd be able to cover about 3 different positions.

I think SMS would cost more or they will just keep him. Also if we are keeping Ndombele and Alli how does SMS fit into the line-up with GLC, Hjobjerg, Alli, Ndombele? That's 5 guys who think they should start for 3 spots.

I doubt Milik comes after what his agent said and don't see much point in adding the Korean CB, would rather spend more to get an actual quality CB or better young guy than add him. All he does is block Tanganga from getting much needed minutes.

And finally no way we sell that many guys. I have no issue with any of them going although think Winks and Lamela are fine back-ups but zero chance that the team moves out that many key guys even if we should.

In an ideal world with the deals in and out I would have:

Lloris, Castagne, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Milinkovic-Savic, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Son, Bergwijn, Kane as my first XI, but with it being squad/ rotation game now Gazzaniga, Min-Jae, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Hojbjerg, Gedson, Skipp, Dele, Lucas, Milik (my dream world as I lay half asleep I know) offering heat on starts.

Some I don’t know a lot about granted but the outs I’ve highlighted I do know about and honestly I think we can make moves forward without them if it means generating funds for betterment levels.

Not sure why I just think we’ll see some surprise exits this year.

On whether missing out on the Champions League would impact on Tottenham's transfer plans this summer, boss Jose Mourinho added: "That's normal. A team that qualifies or doesn't qualify for the Champions League, it makes a difference to their economical situation. That's easy to understand and easy to accept.

"The two good things are that Mr Levy wants what I want, and he wants what the fans want, which is to win football matches and to try to win trophies. So that's one good thing.

"The second good thing is that we don't need much. We don't need many players. We don't need huge investment. That's not our profile as a club - with or without Covid, with or without Champions League - so I think we will manage.

"It doesn't matter what happens in terms of the table, we will manage to improve our squad, which is what we want."

I’ve just posted Jose’s comments from the presser where he says he’s quite happy with the way Spurs are run and doesn't need many players or huge investment. I’m sure in a few weeks this will have been spun into ‘crying out for a second striker’ by some on here but...well...seems to be unambiguous at the moment.
I think Levy wrote his script.

We can come back to this post one day. I kind of agree on the first part that Sess isn't ready yet but i think give him minutes and he will be, but selling Ndombele would be a huge Mistake! whats to say if we sell him and reinvest the money we dont buy another Dud? Ndombele is a huge talent , he just isn't up to the speed of the PL yet and needs more time.
Certainly it would be idiotic not to keep him for another season. Sess on the other hand, the few times he's played, I thought he was a complete nonentity. No spark at all and looks overwhelmed. I think that was a big mistake.

Kane, Milik, Parrott

Getting
10 mill for kwp
10 mill for foyth
5 mill for Clarke
Would be a miracle. Wimmer level. We'd talk about it for years.

Kane, Milik, Parrott

We're allowed to register one more player on loan (a quick google tells me that a PL club is allowed to register 2 players on loan. Could be wrong of course). I don't think we should rule out us working out a loan deal for one target.

To get a good first team - probably 3 or 4 players of decent quality to fill gaps/upgrade ?

To add a couple more to get decent rotation/depth ?

Of course we all might want top quality additions but a few well spotted additions (ala Roberson from Hull to Liverpool for £8m or Gomez from Charlton to Liverpool for even less) wouldn't be bad either

COYS

FFS Jose, don't be another manager hoodwinked by the ENIC blueprint. The team needs some big investment.

Back
Top Bottom