Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly it would be idiotic not to keep him for another season. Sess on the other hand, the few times he's played, I thought he was a complete nonentity. No spark at all and looks overwhelmed. I think that was a big mistake.
He looks a bit scared to me, like he is unsure of his own abilities , he doesn’t seem to want the ball and is just going through the motions however he is young so it’s understandable , not everyone is like Dele and settles straight away , I think there is a player there though, give him time to settle and gain confidence and we will see the best of him.

But if he is what Jose wants then we must support him if it's a case of being lumped into him that is different.
However I don't particularly think Henderson of Liverpool is a world beater, but in that team he fits as a piece of the puzzle, so maybe if he comes it could be a similar situation.

True to a degree. Aren’t we in the Ndombele problem though because Poch was backed? Getting a player in just because the manager wants them isn’t always the best move. (See Liverpool/Michael Edwards/klopp reports this week)

I think its a reoccurring theme under our managers. Manager wants a 9/10 player, gets offered a 7/10 player or you get no one. So takes the 7/10 player as better than nothing. Then people say, well the manager wanted the 7/10 player.
Probably the reason behind the break down in the Poch - Levy relationship if were honest about it.

Poch realised that to continue to fight for major titles we needed to start securing those 9/10 players rather than the cheap 7/10 piecemeal. He realised he had to stop accepting 2nd or 3rd choice substitutes.

We have to be brave

We cannot continue to challenge for major titles spending small money

He was right, of course. As history has shown

Why so many of our own fans backed Levy over Poch is a scandal that's come back to bite us in the bum.

Last edited:
Probably the reason behind the break down in rhe Poch - Levy relationship if were honest about it.

Poch realised that to continue to fight for major titles we needed to start securing those 9/10 players rather than the cheap 7/10 piecemeal. He realised he had to stop accepting 2nd or 3rd choice substitutes.

We have to be brave

Why so many of our own fans backed Levy over Poch is a scandal that's come back to bite us in the bum.

If you really think the fans have any effect on how the club is run then you’ve even less of a clue than I suspect. Our opinions mean absolutely fuck all to Poch, Mourinho, Levy, any of them. They’ll just get on with their jobs or not without giving a real fuck what we think. So who backed who is immaterial let alone a scandal.

City trained DM who just left when his contract expired. Played 24 games in the Belgian top tier this season on loan. 55 games for Girona over a 2 year loan the previous 2 seasons.

Why not?

EDIT: Mandatory youtube videos.

Last edited:

City trained DM who just left when his contract expired. Played 24 games in the Belgian top tier this season on loan. 55 games for Girona over a 2 year loan the previous 2 seasons.

Why not?

EDIT: Mandatory youtube videos.

Believe me when I say that no player from Mouscron would ever be good enough for our starting XI. Their level is like League One at best.

Believe me when I say that no player from Mouscron would ever be good enough for our starting XI. Their level is like League One at best.
His work in La Liga seems decent enough however.

He seems good, promising player and could be worth the gamble.

Last edited:
It's a recurring them for most managers most of the time. And it certainly doesn't help if they insist on ditching the recruitment team and making themselves DOF, rather than leaving the job of finding some decent 8/10, 7/10's to people who are actually good at it.
We should focus on our club though. Our managers usually end up with a 7/10 rather than the better player they wanted. No wonder we are average. We can keep blaming the managers for the next 20 years as well. But I think it comes from the top. You think our owners transfer methods are good & will take us to the next level. I think they are a joke. We can agree to disagree.

Probably the reason behind the break down in rhe Poch - Levy relationship if were honest about it.

We have to be brave

100%. Unless top 4 is your everything then levy/ENIC will never match the managers ambition. Mourinho won't commit to a target, but realistically isn't top 4 our target for next season. Which would be quite an accomplishment with the tools he has.
We are not going for title winner type signings.

Last edited:
If you really think the fans have any effect on how the club is run then you’ve even less of a clue than I suspect. Our opinions mean absolutely fuck all to Poch, Mourinho, Levy, any of them. They’ll just get on with their jobs or not without giving a real fuck what we think. So who backed who is immaterial let alone a scandal.
What?!! News to me. The likes of airfixx & spursdem told me any negativity on this forum has an effect on the club. & that they do care what we think.
They also said levy & ENIC care about the fans & their opinion.

I was listening to Talksport the other day and they were discussing how the teams chasing Liverpool would respond during the summer in terms of what they needed to do in terms of transfers etc. Spurs weren't even mentioned! That shows just how brilliantly Levy has engineered our path back towards the upper-mid-table level where he is most comfortable operating at.

I was listening to Talksport the other day and they were discussing how the teams chasing Liverpool would respond during the summer in terms of what they needed to do in terms of transfers etc. Spurs weren't even mentioned! That shows just how brilliantly Levy has engineered our path back towards the upper-mid-table level where he is most comfortable operating at.

Even when we were 2nd they didn't want to include us in those conversations

should we swoop in?

I’ve watched him a few times over the years he’s very good. Breaks up play, can run with the ball and protects the CB very well. If he’s available at a decent price we should be involved. Surely DMF is a priority for JM. I still think Kondogbia is an ideal candidate for this role for our team and he would be cheaper than Partey.

You lost me when you said Talksport

Back
Top Bottom