Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we swap sissoko for Marcus Edwards. Not sure of the history here but he looks to have great ball control very Ryan giggsy. Looks a bit small but he just bounces off defenders and still keeps the ball. Every squad needs a maverick player with some that little bit different. Could do far worse.

Sorry, I don't know where else to put this but it made me laugh

reading this article - there's a bit about Chris Sutton taking a dump in a bag and leaving it for Duff to clean....

"When I got into the first team squad, they were horrible to me but in a nice way, they knew what they were doing. I still had to do my jobs then. The likes of Sutty (Chris Sutton) would muller me all the time.
"I was on first team dressing room duty; instead of going for a shit in the toilet, he'd just leave a shit in a bag in the middle of the floor. I'd be picking up his shit in plastic bags.

Don't watch it. Waste of time

Yeah, drab game.I'm 80 minutes in. Wished I'd watched the Atalanta game now, might switch and watch a bit of that now.

This was tough-ish game, but I think Aarons a bit flimsy defensively, not just because of his size (I saw him bounced off a couple of times) but several times he allowed players he should be getting tight to to wander off him and receive the ball, he stood off too often for my liking. If he's lacking physicality, he at least needs to be alert and really tenacious little fucker.

He's clearly Ok technically, but in all the games I've watched, I've yet to see him do anything tremendous in an attacking sense. I know he's a kid having only his second proper season of football, so need to build in some development, he may well keep improving, and it's been a tough season, and if we were going to pay 10m for him on a punt, I'd maybe feel OK about taking that punt and having him as rotation, but the money being talked about for him makes the deal less appealing.

Osimhen

Though to be expected - we were never going to spend that kinds of money on a striker in this climate, especially when other positions are more crucial.

Yeah, drab game.I'm 80 minutes in. Wished I'd watched the Atalanta game now, might switch and watch a bit of that now.

This was tough-ish game, but I think Aarons a bit flimsy defensively, not just because of his size (I saw him bounced off a couple of times) but several times he allowed players he should be getting tight to to wander off him and receive the ball, he stood off too often for my liking. If he's lacking physicality, he at least needs to be alert and really tenacious little fucker.

He's clearly Ok technically, but in all the games I've watched, I've yet to see him do anything tremendous in an attacking sense. I know he's a kid having only his second proper season of football, so need to build in some development, he may well keep improving, and it's been a tough season, and if we were going to pay 10m for him on a punt, I'd maybe feel OK about taking that punt and having him as rotation, but the money being talked about for him makes the deal less appealing.

I can't recall one fan saying they wanted him this year. I think it is one of those things where we once may have wanted him and now people still assume the fans feel that way.

If we end up with him it will just further highlight how one dimensional our scouting staff actually are.

To be fair I'd put a striker as one of crucial positions. I'm not sure but I can't imagine many other clubs running with one (injury prone) striker.

Don't get me wrong, we do need a striker - but if we had £60,000,000 to spend, I'd much rather we looked to spend that on a DM and some full backs first.

Osimhen

Though to be expected - we were never going to spend that kinds of money on a striker in this climate, especially when other positions are more crucial.

And that also means that Milik is done in Napoli. Now it seems it's us vs Juve vs Atleti for him to sign. We probably offer worst money, worst individual deal and ensured playing in Kane's shadow.

Osimhen

Agents wield far too much power. Based on that article, it appears the agent can reject the deal even if the player agrees

Last edited:
I am not racist, but...

why even add that disclaimer to your statement?

Sorry it was a nod to my interaction in the Son thread earlier in the day with a poster who connected any criticism of Son to racism against Asians. Made sense to me as I was obviously involved in the thread probably not if you weren’t.

It was just meant as a joke based on that interaction.

With all due respect why would you ever, of your own choice, watch a Chelsea game?

Back
Top Bottom