Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC wouldn’t sell Spurs for less than £1b, so that would put a lot of buyers off.

I’ll be amazed if we are sold in the next decade but who knows what football will look like in a year with the pandemic let alone 10 years.

I think what’s more likely, and has been mentioned by levy before, is outside investment. Like Man City did with that American tech firm. They’ll sell off a small percentage for cash. Probably to pay off some of the stadium debt at some stage.

I’ll be amazed if we are sold in the next decade but who knows what football will look like in a year with the pandemic let alone 10 years.

Haven't you heard? ...Just cos the likes of Chavs & City are still spending their oil money, the rest of football is Covid-proof.

Just ask skywalker68 he knows about this kind of stuff.....

Last edited:
I'm happy to let Aurier go providing there is an superior replacement signed. That's where we have failed miserably in recent years. Not enough of the players we've brought in have been better than the ones we've let go. With Serge being a good example of that himself. No better than Tripps and a downgrade on Walker.

Spurs yoof Adam Smith would be superior. Altho not suggesting him, just saying I don’t think we can lose

ENIC wouldn’t sell Spurs for less than £1b, so that would put a lot of buyers off.
As was said earlier, they're sitting on a gold mine.

They've realised their dream of a multi-sports and entertainment complex and are all set to rake in the huge profits it brings post covid, while the Anchor Tennants continue to service the debt.

It is what it is, guys.

If we had to get a forward from Watford as back up I'd go for Luis Suarez. Strong with a bit of pace, good finisher and works hard. Not sure if it'd work out but I'd have him over Deeney every day.

No way are we getting Deeney. I refuse to think that he is someone that we are seriously considering.
I think it's very realistic, he's cheap, Watford don't want him , he has Prem experience and we don't have much money to spend. He's probably told Mou not to worry as he will still buy a better striker. we'll make a bid for Milik which is too low, negotiate until the last seconds of the window and fail, leaving Deeney as a replacement for Kane.

Chelsea - Werner , Ziyech , Havertz happening

United - Sancho

Liverpool/ City - don’t need anyone because they are miles ahead of the rest

spurs - Troy Deeney on loan and haggling for the last month for Hojberg 😩

You really have to laugh don’t you. No wonder why we have won barely any trophies under this lot, whilst Woolwich continue to mop up Fa cup after fa cup with the s*** Woolwich team in years. Starting to get so fed up with Spurs.

Chelsea - Werner , Ziyech , Havertz happening

United - Sancho

Liverpool/ City - don’t need anyone because they are miles ahead of the rest

spurs - Troy Deeney on loan and haggling for the last month for Hojberg 😩

You really have to laugh don’t you. No wonder why we have won barely any trophies under this lot, whilst Woolwich continue to mop up Fa cup after fa cup with the s*** Woolwich team in years. Starting to get so fed up with Spurs.

If we don't spend very very shrewdly in this window and sort out the glaring balance issues in our squad we are going to fall further and further behind.

Soon we won't even have a viable way back into the top 4 let alone winning the big trophies

Funny isn't it; Dybala is just propaganda and paper talk but Deeney links must be legit.
But it's the transfer window thread mate. What are we to discuss if not the speculation in the media?
So, what are your thoughts on Deeney.
Would he be within our budget? Would we be able to fight off the competition for his signature? Would he be happy to keep the bench warm behind Kane?

In other words, does he pass the Airfixx Airfixx litmus test?

:mourear:

I added the hopefullys for that reason. I just think they’re two megalomaniacs together which will be a nice bromance and they can help each other out.

hopefully

:mourlmao::levywhoa:
TLDR still no signings.

Ha. I can just imagine them both over thinking every little thing. Even going to lunch together. Hmm do I let him pay or do I pay. Doing different power moves. Just typed it in goggle & these power moves came up. You can choose in your own mind which are a levy or jose move.

Order an Appetizer When Everyone Else Is Only Getting an Entreé
This is a classic power move that says, “I’m hungry and I don’t care if my order adds an extra seven minutes to the meal.” Even better, when it’s time for the check, everyone will probably just plop their cards down, effectively paying for your Cobb salad.

Ask Someone to Call You Back in Five Minutes, Then Let It Go to Voicemail
This one is sure to make the person on the other end’s blood boil. Got a problem with it? Tell it to voicemail, jerk.
Call back at your leisure. After all, you are in control now.

Call Someone in the Morning and Ask, “Did I Wake You?”
This will put anyone on their heels. If they were actually sleeping, they will immeditaly deny it (everyone says “no” to this question–it’s an evolutionary development of the central nervous system). If they weren’t, they’ll wonder why you asked. Do I sound tired? Do they think I sleep in all the time like some lazy bum?
The seeds of doubt have been planted in your garden of power. Time to start farming this sucker.

When You Are Standing in Line, Pause a Couple Beats as the People in Front of You Move Forward
“What is he doing? Does he know the line is moving? I’m sure she sees it moving. Why isn’t he just stepping forward?” Those are the internalized thoughts of the people behind you as you stay posted, cool as ice.
Who cares–we’re all going to the same place right? WRONG: You are going to a land reserved for the confident and powerful. They are just in line at the bank.

Back
Top Bottom