Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh he’s a decent CB but certainly not as good as I’ve seen some say in a position we are already stacked in.

Would also mean we’d need another midfielder to shell out on too as I don’t want to go into a season with

Højbjerg, Winks, GLC, Sissoko & Gedson as that’s poor.

we might be stacked in, but our defence and centre backs are not good enough. Vertonghen is going so we need a replacement. No way in a million years should Spurs be starting a new season with that same set of centre backs. Disaster waiting to happen if are relying on Sanchez and Dier. Get this Škriniar in and we can have him with Toby. Dier and Sanchez rotating if need be. Centre back is a must.

Is Conte staying or leaving? This seems like a really weird time for Inter to be doing anything at the moment and I can't imagine Ndombele fairing better under Conte regardless of what league it is.
I think Conte is staying. He's in a good position there in spite of the internal fights. Their CEO loves him, Sanchez just signed on a permanent basis.

What his so impressive about Skriniar?
If you look well to our CBs, Toby aside, every one of them have significat weakness. Dier is very slow, Davinson is very error prone and Tanganga is very unexperienced. Skriniar Is as fast an strong as Davinson and much more reliable with ball on his feet. That alone makes him at least the second choice.

My impressions here:

Inter really want Ndombele and are willing to jettison Skriniar to get him, but also feel they have Spurs over a barrel and want to press for a good deal.

Ndombele wants to go to Inter.

Mourinho likes Skriniar and is willing to lose Ndombele to get him. That PEH looks to be getting finalized likely means either Mou didn't like Brozovic or Brozovic didn't like Spurs.

Levy is extremely hesitant to swallow a loss on Ndombele after one year.

There isn't really any indication that Skriniar is super eager to leave Inter for Spurs.

All told, a LOT would have to fall into place to make this deal. If it were up to Mou, Conte and Ndombele, it would just be a straight swap and everyone would be on their merry way. But there are three other parties with different ideas.

Story won’t go away this week will it?

Has to be something in it. I’m softening on Ndombele though for some reason.

Its a tough one. He has been poor to date but i'm not sure i see us signing a better player if he fulfills his potential and if he does, he plays in a position we desperately need someone in.

We can’t carry him though and if we can get a centre back in for him where I still think we need to improve I would do it. Selling Ndombele might leave us with funds towards other areas too. I think this is what Mourinho means when he says we have to be clever in the market.

Its a tough one. He has been poor to date but i'm not sure i see us signing a better player if he fulfills his potential and if he does, he plays in a position we desperately need someone in.
He’s not gonna fulfil his potential under Jose, is he, though? Jose rarely changes once he’s made his mind up on a player. The only real question is whether we should keep Ndombele with the idea that he could outlast Jose here.

HairyLankyAurochs-size_restricted.gif
Legend

Sorry - but this is utter speculation and conjecture

Btw - it is no surprise Airfixx Airfixx fixx has liked every single post claiming we're broke (not just yours) - say it all what he really is

Informed analysis of the last set of Tottenham Hotspur accounts and understanding the multifunctional abilities of the new stadium - as an example I know it has the 3rd largest exhibition and conference centre in London and hence can make educated assumptions of its revenues. From your posts I doubt you know that kind of detail

Back
Top Bottom