Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fairly safe to say at the very least whatever Winks does, Gedson can do

Levy should camp outside ManCity gates and refresh his email every 5 minutes and run inside as soon as he gets the call/email with that 40 mil offer for Winks.

Winks replacement can be signed at the end of the season when Gedson heads back to Benfica

Bugger all happening really. Given deals are usually weeks in the making and plastered all over print and social media for weeks beforehand i think its safe to say we wont be getting anyone for 2 or 3 weeks at least. Wouldnt be the slighest suprised if this is it when the season starts. Same old.

I'm not sure. Players change but the psyche of the club stays the same. Who are the constant? It is us the fans. Look how well the team have done without us in the stadium. Maybe it is our mindset (you only have to read this thread to see how negative 90% of posters are) that needs to improve?

Most fans moan, but I think you're right that some/our fans can make a difference. The atmosphere at NWHL is often very negative - also full of tourists and day trippers who tend to be quiet. It's funny that Palace suffered the most since the restart and they have a notoriously loud home crowd close to the pitch.

I think our atmosphere will get better with time and once the attraction of visiting the new stadium plateaus for the neutrals.

Edit - just tbc, there's online negativity everywhere too, I think it breeds this culture. Look at Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor citing Blue Moon responses at the prospect of signing Winks! The only online forum I would say has a generally positive vibe that I use myself is Instagram.

Definition of cunt:
_113939894_gettyimages-1266241324.jpg
Cannot wait for the close attention he will get when he plays against us!

----------------------Lloris---------------------
--Pereira----Skriniar----Toby----Sandro--
--------------Lo Celso----Thiago-------------
------Son---------Dybala---------Bale-------
----------------------Kane---------------------

I wouldn't be mad if this is our transfer window tbh, not gonna lie.

----------------------Lloris---------------------
--Pereira----Skriniar----Toby----Sandro--
--------------Lo Celso----Thiago-------------
------Son---------Dybala---------Bale-------
----------------------Kane---------------------

I wouldn't be mad if this is our transfer window tbh, not gonna lie.
Bale head isn’t really in it now more tbh , swap him for Sane and all good!

Going to be fun for Woolwich fans after 18 months - he's 32 already !

He will be fine. Never really been injured, looks like he takes care of himself. Thiago Silva is in a CL semi at 35 years old, Ibrahimovic is still banging them in Serie A and he is almost 39. Willian is a cunt and his salary there is outrageously high but he will sail through the 3 years he has signed up to

Fairly safe to say at the very least whatever Winks does, Gedson can do

Levy should camp outside ManCity gates and refresh his email every 5 minutes and run inside as soon as he gets the call/email with that 40 mil offer for Winks.

Winks replacement can be signed at the end of the season when Gedson heads back to Benfica

The last time Gedson started in central midfield he touched the ball 6 times in 60 minutes, it was probably the most inept thing I saw all last season, and that takes some fucking doing. Since then he's not been trusted anywhere near central midfield in most of his brief cameos.

I would love to get 40m for Winks, but I fucking hope it's not Gedson who we've got in mind as his replacement.

Last edited:
Btw, was someone else also bitterly dissapointed that we did not get Olmo watching his game in CL quarter-final ?

An excact replacement for Eriksen. Also young and relatively cheap. Could have forced Eriksen out for maybe 20 mil back then, added 10 mil and get this guy. And everyone would have been on the same page and fighting for the same thing since day 1 of the season... instead whatever this Eriksens first half of the season was. Olmo has up to now has scored 5 and assisted 1 for Leipzig within 880 minutes of football...

Mitchell bettered us once more with this one, didn't he :( . Bring him back or get someone as capable to do the scouting plz.

We could probably do with bringing someone back by the looks of it. Or at least bump up the squad with some homegrowns from other clubs.

EDIT: Whiteman turns 22 in October. Is he then automatically moved to the list with Kane, Winks and Rose or is he stuck as youth until the end of the season?

The critical date for judging if a player is 21 is 1 January in the year the season starts - so a player who is under 21 on 1 January 2020 stays as an u21 for season 2020/21.

I'm sure that's why we hear of Wilson, Eze or Brooks as that increases squad numbers without needing to sell others.

Spurs over 21's such as George Marsh and Luke Amos might be retained at the club before being loaned out (cut off for loans to EFL is now mid October) - might be used to play in league cup matches v lower league sides ?

He will be fine. Never really been injured, looks like he takes care of himself. Thiago Silva is in a CL semi at 35 years old, Ibrahimovic is still banging them in Serie A and he is almost 39. Willian is a cunt and his salary there is outrageously high but he will sail through the 3 years he has signed up to
So it turns out the report I saw last week stating he was going to be on £100k a week was bullshit. £220k a week, I am seeing now. Crikey. £100k=good business. £220k=wtf were they thinking?

So it turns out the report I saw last week stating he was going to be on £100k a week was bullshit. £220k a week, I am seeing now. Crikey. £100k=good business. £220k=wtf were they thinking?

Well he is a free transfer so 220k probably includes the hefty signing on fee spread weekly over the length of his contract

That's what makes me laugh when is read free transfer. There is nothing free about a free transfer

Back
Top Bottom