Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you really think he's involved in football for his love of Tottenham, rather than fattening his wallet. And profiting from the popularity of football. I mean, really.

I had you down as many things, mate. Both good and bad.

But naivety wasn't one of them.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

:avbcringe:
Not seen that particular article before - where's that from?

I think it’s clear Mourinho is trying shore up the defense and stop us from conceding soft goals.. First Højberg and we’re linked with Skrinar and a new RB.

With Kane and Son up top and Stevie B and Lucas lurking, we’ll score plenty of goals. If we can keep more clean sheets and stop conceding so many goals, then I think we’ll be just fine.

Under no circumstances should we sell Winks, I for one like him a lot, a tidy footballer who has been playing slightly out of position, he is a spurs fan and wears his heart on his sleeve. I’d be very upset if we sold him and if we did £60m minimum to an Oil club. Fuck off city.

I think it’s clear Mourinho is trying shore up the defense and stop us from conceding soft goals.. First Højberg and we’re linked with Skrinar and a new RB.

With Kane and Son up top and Stevie B and Lucas lurking, we’ll score plenty of goals. If we can keep more clean sheets and stop conceding so many goals, then I think we’ll be just fine.
We won’t if Lo Celso is our only creative option in the middle, unless we just keep asking Kane to drop deep?

Can’t see Tanguy sticking around or even being given a chance if he does so we would need more in my opinion.

If Lo Celso gets injured and Tanguy goes/isn’t playing then transition will be our only means of attack. Which is what our problem has been this season.

We won’t if Lo Celso is our only creative option in the middle, unless we just keep asking Kane to drop deep?

Can’t see Tanguy sticking around or even being given a chance if he does so we would need more in my opinion.

If Lo Celso gets injured and Tanguy goes/isn’t playing then transition will be our only means of attack. Which is what our problem has been this season.
Hopefully with Højberg on board shielding the back 4, GLC can shine further up the pitch and start chipping in with goals and assists like he did at Betis. But I would agree, we’ll need another creative option if Tanguy is off.

The critical date for judging if a player is 21 is 1 January in the year the season starts - so a player who is under 21 on 1 January 2020 stays as an u21 for season 2020/21.

I'm sure that's why we hear of Wilson, Eze or Brooks as that increases squad numbers without needing to sell others.

Spurs over 21's such as George Marsh and Luke Amos might be retained at the club before being loaned out (cut off for loans to EFL is now mid October) - might be used to play in league cup matches v lower league sides ?
Marsh is not over 21 (turns 22 in November). Carter Vickers however is.

With 90 games in the champo then surely he'd handle some EL and cup games. And lower PL teams.

This is the thing with Maureen he has his faves and likes collecting CBs. There was no reason to split Toby and Dav v CP.. He played Aurier in every game same as sissoko never gave anyone else a chance. Made the same subs in all the games.
I’m worried now that he would swap an attacking skilful CM for another CB. I’m sure the whole point of buying PEH was that would help the back 4 and then we’d have the more attacking players do their stuff.
The style he plays having two CB who can do a long ball is why he plays Dier (he's no Toby but better than most) - that's the reasoning behind it imo, he hopes to improve diers defending as he can't improve Davs passing

Under no circumstances should we sell Winks, I for one like him a lot, a tidy footballer who has been playing slightly out of position, he is a spurs fan and wears his heart on his sleeve. I’d be very upset if we sold him and if we did £60m minimum to an Oil club. Fuck off city.
we wont sell winks we need more home grown players not less

Olmo impress you last night, big man?

I'm going to be totally honest here and say in general, I've not been super blown away by Olmo. I can see he's got some ability for sure, don't hate the guy, but I'm not in love with him either. Would I rather have him in a squad than someone like Bergwijn, Lamela, etc - yes. Would I be Ok with selling Alli for stupid money and buying Olmo for peanuts and investing the rest elsewhere, again yes, but he's not appearing in my dreams of a night.

I'm going to be totally honest here and say in general, I've not been super blown away by Olmo. I can see he's got some ability for sure, don't hate the guy, but I'm not in love with him either. Would I rather have him in a squad than someone like Bergwijn, Lamela, etc - yes. Would I be Ok with selling Alli for stupid money and buying Olmo for peanuts and investing the rest elsewhere, again yes, but he's not appearing in my dreams of a night.
I watched it today. Found it a real slog. Apart from his goal, I have to ask-what else did he do? What did he create? I looked at his stats, and he only played 29 passes, which is not too hectic, is it? Just want to know specifically what people saw last night (or previously) that got their juices flowing. Help a brother out. Save me some time, etc.

Last edited:
We were heavily linked with Olmo early last summer

Now, according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Tottenham are closing in on a move for the 21-year-old.

As per MD, Spurs are offering €25m to Dinamo Zagreb for Olmo’s services. The report also claims that negotiations have advanced significantly in the last hours.

The same report from Mundo Deportivo also gives an update on Spurs’ pursuit of Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso.

MD claims that once Tottenham complete the signing of Olmo, they will move on to Lo Celso.

Tottenham are said to have made a €68m offer for Lo Celso, with Betis wanting closer to €75m.

The Argentine would play 46 times while on loan at Betis last campaign, scoring 16 and assisting six.

Betis then made Lo Celso’s signing permanent this summer, for a fee believed to be around £19m.

Olmo is a terrific player, but he’s at Leipzig now and they will want top dollar. They are hardly going to be selling both Werner and Olmo in the same window.

Back
Top Bottom