Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you think focusing your response on me instead of my points in some ways lessens any merit they might have? Also, I was specifically responding to a point made about unearthed talent lest you forget.

Yeah, the most important part of the job and the thing that makes everything else possible. Is anyone complaining about 'behind the scenes' issues or are they complaining about a horribly unbalance and lacking first team? Stadium and academy seem to be running fine but the team is shit. Seems to me the guy is being talked up in regards to his scouting/signing ability and not necessarily his ability to keep things shipshape behind the scenes.

Perhaps you need this refresher but I am well acquainted with the job's remit (though it might differ slightly from team to team).

Oh ok, I didn't realise you were such an expert, my apologies. I will look forward to your in depth analysis from now on in.

Salah's agent expects transfer fees to drop to about half of what players went for last season following the hiatus. Possibly even by 2/3rds. Which will probably cause clubs to hold off on selling any golden cows this summer.

Klaus Gerster also expects/believes that salaries will drop by 20-30%. Both of them were interviewed in Kicker.

A summer of free transfers and cheap gambles.

That control of the money you speak of may very well keep us afloat and out other teams in ruin. Yes he can be a pain but can we really say that as a custodian looking after the well being of the club first and foremost that it doesn’t see,a good thing at present? There’ll be a lot of teams really worrying right now and I think we can give DL a nod as we’d wont be one of them. Nothing in the grand scheme of things at present but our finances are very healthy and we will be on the right side if shit hits the fan big time.
I don't think that football will go tits up there is just too much money involved in the game, but yes if there was a football apocalypse then we would be in a decent place.

Maybe having the neatest hair has been holding us back?

I would not say no to Ajer. A promising player whenever I have seen him (twice vs Sweden and the odd Celtic game on TV).

He'd be coming in with 2-3 seasons of first team football in him so even if he is just 21 he has a decent bit of experience already.

I would not say no to Ajer. A promising player whenever I have seen him (twice vs Sweden and the odd Celtic game on TV).

He'd be coming in with 2-3 seasons of first team football in him so even if he is just 21 he has a decent bit of experience already.
+1
Seen him a couple of times for Celtic. Confident and aggressive.

Once again we are linked with every centre half, every CF, every left back etc
The guesses are endless and frankly, I could write them. If we sign any 2 of the supposed targets, the budget will be gone.

Apparently we are going to play out 2019/20 forever to ensure Liverpool gets a title so we may not have a summer window until one of our current squad members as an eligible child so it makes these discussions difficult.

Why Bild would know, I don't know, but here's the list @ £145m

Marcel Sabitzer (26).Leipzig Right Winger/forward
Youcef Atal (23), Nice, Right Back
Jamal Lewis (22) Norwich Left Back
Eder Militao (22) Real Madrid CB/RB/DM
Geoffrey Kondogbia (27) Valencia DM/CB/LB

I guess the last 2 are good from a versatility point of view - not sure Levy wouldn't be put off by Kondogbia's age as after 5 years he's 32, but with only one year left on his contract might be cheap ?.

Sabitzer doesn't seem a high enough goal scorer to be a deputy for Kane (or Son if he deputises for Kane), Maybe only in Bild's list as he scored twice against us ?). Not a great fan of Moura but not sure Sabitzer is an upgrade and think we could do better. Would probably go for the less experienced Eze (QPR) as home grown - think this list has too many overseas trained players and we'll struggle to get enough overseas trained players at Spurs to move on.

Back
Top Bottom