Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not convinced he'll go all the way and become a star for a top team. I don't think he's as good as a center forward as when he runs at defence from the left wing. Decent player with a great physique, but I'm not as convinced as Todd, that he'll be a good player for us
I believe RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK was referring to the younger Thuram brother that plays DM for Nice. But I would like to know more of your opinion on Marcus and why you are not convinced. Did you prefer him at Guingamp to what he is doing at BMG?

edit: for some reason my link for this thread went to your post and showed no newer posts. When I replied it showed Five's post that clarified his question (of many questions)

Some bs links to Godin but would love him here, not long ago he was the best centre back in the world, a one man wall

He‘s 34 and can’t hack it at Inter, no point replacing a knackered Jan with an even older, clapped out player.

I understand that we need to get a better balance between tougher, experienced players and youngsters but Godin is just too old. Has there ever been a defender of that age who came to the PL and didn’t struggle?

He‘s 34 and can’t hack it at Inter, no point replacing a knackered Jan with an even older, clapped out player.

I understand that we need to get a better balance between tougher, experienced players and youngsters but Godin is just too old. Has there ever been a defender of that age who came to the PL and didn’t struggle?

Naybet

I believe RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK was referring to the younger Thuram brother that plays DM for Nice. But I would like to know more of your opinion on Marcus and why you are not convinced. Did you prefer him at Guingamp to what he is doing at BMG?

edit: for some reason my link for this thread went to your post and showed no newer posts. When I replied it showed Five's post that clarified his question (of many questions)

He's become a better player since joining Gladbach, and his partnership with Plea is suiting him, so I'd say he's a better watch now. He doesn't seem to have any real weaknesses to his game, but at the same time I don't see him excelling at anything. We might just get us another Chadli, who once in a while would pop up with a good performance.

Maybe he's quick enough and has got enough skill to his dribbling game, and it's just his height making it all look a bit slow for me.

The window could be very strange if it opens when teams

- don't know if they are in Europe
- don't know if they are relegated
- are reducing financial exposure by not renewing contracts, putting a lot of "free agents" on the market

The window could be very strange if it opens when teams

- don't know if they are in Europe
- don't know if they are relegated
- are reducing financial exposure by not renewing contracts, putting a lot of "free agents" on the market

The football-as-vicarious-retail-therapy crew are in for an un-gratifying summer.

If you take our existing CM's for next year as :

Lo Celso
Ndombele
Winks
Skipp
plus one or more players who can play DM (per Bild)

Sissoko I am sure will be off, not sure he needs replacing as Mourhino says he's not great in CM and at RM only to utilise his powerful running.

with Dier likely to be a CB. but could play DM if required

Well, that definitely needs improving on. I’d move on Ndombele and bring two in to replace him and we would be stronger.

Manchester United, Tottenham and Woolwich have been placed on alert with the news that Napoli are set to listen to offers for Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik, 26. (Calcio Mercato via Team Talk)

Back
Top Bottom