Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Bayern who had him on loan have decided they don't want him/don't rate him for the wages, and he's blaming Levy for not wanting to pay all his wages ?

OK, we probably still don't want him after Bayern rejecting him ?
I would imagine we made an offer to Barcelona to take him on loan (or even buy him outright). Poch was said to be raging that a deal fell through.

I am not criticising Levy. I posted the link because I know Coutinho drives todd nuts.

Here we go. And this from the guy who is crying about Aouar being defensively lightweight.
Fekir would give us a completely different kind of threat compared to someone like Dele for example. While Dele is all about technical ability, Fekir is all about creating something from nothing. The fact that he's injury-prone is a myth as well. He has missed 8-9 league games per average since 2016, which while not brillliant, are not Erik Lamela kind of numbers. Compared to Coutinho, Fekir is 10x the wiser choice.

He has technical ability. But he does not lift a finger defensively. He is as slow as molasses, and we already have the slowest attack in the fastest league in the world.

But he has a quick and composed brain. That’s our biggest problem. We have quick legs in attack, Son, Moura, Bergwijn- but no quick brains or composure, nowEriksen has gone.

I would imagine we made an offer to Barcelona to take him on loan (or even buy him outright). Poch was said to be raging that a deal fell through.

I am not criticising Levy. I posted the link because I know Coutinho drives todd nuts.
...and now I see his French counterpart being discussed...seriously, FFS.

But he has a quick and composed brain. That’s our biggest problem. We have quick legs in attack, Son, Moura, Bergwijn- but no quick brains or composure.
You must have missed the part where I said he has a reputation for only playing when he feels like it. Putting that aside, Bergwijn was not here last summer, and Son (as erratic as he is) is our most dynamic forward.

You are a real hoot, you know. You first came to my attention as a loud voice in the wilderness who valued workrate over all else. And look at you now; still with the hated for athleticism (you roundy fucker, you), but you have taken things up a notch of nuttiness by getting semis for players who think pressing is for other people.

Last edited:
I think we have a different way of assessing players.
Well, no matter how you 'assess players' he is all about technical ability, Five...the statement is NOT 'not true'. In this instance it's all about Dele having a lack of the rudimentary aspects of it. See?

Well, no matter how you 'assess players' he is all about technical ability, Five...the statement is NOT 'not true'. In this instance it's all about Dele having a lack of the rudimentary aspects of it. See?
I am having a jolly good look at Sabitzer against Eintracht Frankfurt, and you, sir, are like a nurse who has hammered my bishop with a dessert spoon.

But he has a quick and composed brain. That’s our biggest problem. We have quick legs in attack, Son, Moura, Bergwijn- but no quick brains or composure, nowEriksen has gone.
Is that our biggest problem? Could you flesh this out so those of us that haven't recognized it yet can better understand it?

Last edited:
I am having a jolly good look at Sabitzer against Eintracht Frankfurt, and you, sir, are like a nurse who has hammered my bishop with a dessert spoon.
I really wish I knew what all that meant so I could rate accordingly.

That was the game EF got hammered, right? About 3-4 weeks back?

You have put me off him. I once heard that if you get an erection in front of a nurse, they wallop the top of your chap with a spoon to soften it.
Welp, don't let me do that. I just thought you would have been there already and was expressing my surprise. And beyond that I, persoanally, would be leery of any Nagelsmann players in a similar fashion to Klopp era BVB players. And I'm sure you can figure I rate Nagelsmann higher than I rate Klopp.

You must have missed the part where I said he has a reputation for only playing when he feels like it. Putting that aside, Bergwijn was not here last summer, and Son (as erratic as he is) is our most dynamic forward.

You are a real hoot, you know. You first came to my attention as a loud voice in the wilderness who valued workrate over all else. And look at you now; still with the hated for athleticism (you roundy fucker, you), but you have taken things up a notch of nuttiness by getting semis for players who think pressing is for other people.

I think Laurens was talking bollocks. Turning up infrequently was not one of Fekir’s issues IMO.

I don’t hate athleticism, but it’s fucking pointless if it’s housing a dimwit.

In an ideal world all players would be athletic, genius, workaholics, but I’m realistic enough to know that’s not going to be available to us and most players we get will be compromised.

A) I don't think Fekir is as lazy as you do
B) There are a few players who’s upside can payoff their compromise well enough to justify it - I think at 20m he’s one of them.

There are players I’d have ahead of him, who are more complete, (Brandt, Havertz, Sancho, Sane etc) but most are out of our reach or budget (but I do like Eze and hope we bring him in - but he's raw). I wouldn’t want a team of Fekir’s, but with our bunch of bumbling fuckwits, for 20m, he’d be a quantum upgrade on the likes of Alli, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn in terms of intelligence and can play CF too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom