Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m certainly an advocate of the player matters more than the fee (ticket prices #levyout yacht #fuckenic) but I’ve normally heard of some of the players we could use. Just seems I’m a bit out of the loop these days. Maybe less time to watch other football I suppose.
Well, you can't be an expert on everything, pipes. You're great for TV recommendations.

Why is that?

Don’t think he’s quick enough to be effective, at least not in the Prem. He’s got lead in that left foot and knows how to kick a ball, but if he can’t find the space it’s kinda worth nothing.

Also, if you thought Eriksen could seem dull in interviews then Robert Skov is all the way up there. People from Jutland are being called “sindig”, something like careful or cautious, I guess. Robert Skov and Kasper Dolberg are from the same club in Jutland, and sometimes you just feel like shaking them a litte while yelling “Come on! Tell the world how brilliant you are!”. Danish football needs some egos

Defence is our problem, same as Defence midfield.
If we improve this we have a chance , last season its hard for Son and Kane to score more then our defence leak, i hope we buy a good defence, i think with Jose we will

Defence is our problem, same as Defence midfield.
If we improve this we have a chance , last season its hard for Son and Kane to score more then our defence leak, i hope we buy a good defence, i think with Jose we will
Right back, centre half and defensive mid are priorities for sure.

Aurier needs to go. He is causing more issues than he is solving. Vertonghen will also go I think, and Rose. Foyth I imagine will be sold.

If we can get a new right back and defensive mid we are on the right path. Jose is reknowned for having a defensive midfield next to a player who can make the pass (Matic and Pogba/Herrera at Man Utd, Matic and Fabregas and Makekele and Lampard at Chelsea, Khedira and Alonso at Madrid.)

As for centre half, I think Tanganga and Sanchez could be a solid pairing but still think we need more cover. Is Dier, Alderweireld, Sanchez and Tanganga enough? I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamela, Aurier, Foyth, Rose all leave permanently, Skipp and Amos on loan and if the right bid comes in maybe Sissoko (although I think he could play a part next season)

Aurier needs to go. He is causing more issues than he is solving. Vertonghen will also go I think, and Rose. Foyth I imagine will be sold.

If we can get a new right back and defensive mid we are on the right path. Jose is reknowned for having a defensive midfield next to a player who can make the pass (Matic and Pogba/Herrera at Chelsea, Matic and Fabregas and Makekele and Lampard at Chelsea)

As for centre half, I think Tanganga and Sanchez could be a solid pairing but still think we need more cover. Is Dier, Alderweireld, Sanchez and Tanganga enough? I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamela, Aurier, Foyth, Rose all leave permanently, Skipp and Amos on loan and if the right bid comes in maybe Sissoko (although I think he could play a part next season)
good post, lets hope this happens, if we can sort our defence i have faith that our attackers can do the job

I think only City and Liverpool have a better attacking line than us.

Kane, Son, Bergwijn and Lucas get into the other 17 teams with ease. Just the defence holding us back.

Crystal Palace are ready to make a move for Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser. The player favours a move to Tottenham, but manager Jose Mourinho is unconvinced of the 26-year-old Scotland international's suitability for a top-six club. (Express

I think only City and Liverpool have a better attacking line than us.

Kane, Son, Bergwijn and Lucas get into the other 17 teams with ease. Just the defence holding us back.

You are massively overrating Lucas, he is not that good. He would struggle to get into any other top half team. Poch reacted too harshly to his limited footballing ability but his position at the bottom of our attacking pecking order was correct.

Fraser is a good player and I will be gutted if he goes to Palace, straight away he’s an upgrade on Lucas and Lamela. We are going to have to be clever in this new market and proven players on a free are a no brainer, especially at his age.

If we can get a new right back and defensive mid we are on the right path. Jose is reknowned for having a defensive midfield next to a player who can make the pass (Matic and Pogba/Herrera at Man Utd, Matic and Fabregas and Makekele and Lampard at Chelsea, Khedira and Alonso at Madrid.)

I think Jose quite likes Lamela's attitude and fight.

Back
Top Bottom