Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milik doesn't sound nailed on to happen does it

There's been about 10 strikers we have been seriously linked with this TW and many still available.

For example Vinicius (Benfica) who was on the bench again at the weekend - and despite selling Dias for 50m probably still need to sell both to balance the books and get in other players.

Last week of the sales, so special offer of 35m ? (about double what they paid for him in 2019) Age 25 and 6 foot 3 and lots going for him ?

Forgot to mention one important fact - Vinicius agent is Mendes and JM might want to call in a favour or two

I really don't see the point in selling anyone now, unless they REALLY want to leave.
Son likely out for a while now, so we need Dele for some games.
Not got a clue whats happening with Tanganga, so we need Serge for some games.
I'd keep Foyth and Sessegnon who are both very useful back-ups, give them game time with the u23's if needed.
Rose is the only one that can go, he's burnt his bridges.

I really don't see the point in selling anyone now, unless they REALLY want to leave.
Son likely out for a while now, so we need Dele for some games.
Not got a clue whats happening with Tanganga, so we need Serge for some games.
I'd keep Foyth and Sessegnon who are both very useful back-ups, give them game time with the u23's if needed.
Rose is the only one that can go, he's burnt his bridges.

I tend to agree....

Without selling 3 or 4 to raise some dosh that'll significantly help our buying efforts, I don't think there's much sense in chasing 5, 10, 15m for the odd player.... Even more so if it takes out attention away from completing our recruitment. The likes of Foyth or whoever would also have to go on the cheap cos the kind of clubs that would potentially buy him are probably feeling the financial pinch more than we are atm..... In 6 months, such players will probably be worth a few million more.

It's a buyers market right now.

Back
Top Bottom