Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy can literally fuck off and take ENIC with him if he even contemplates this. I would rather recall Parrot than buy that useless donkey Benteke. Can’t believe what a shambles this is. Spend 2 years to get in a decent back up striker, then wait for Son to get injured only to go in for Benteke. What a joke.
Do you believe every little rumour that some attention seeking bellend posts on twitter?

Here we go! Kim Min-Jae left out of Beijing Guoan squad today.

People are going to disagree, but he is a smarter move for me than Skriniar. I have seen more of Kim in all honesty because I watch the Korean national team and I like what I see in him. Plus he is cheap.

I would rather have low risk, high reward than high risk situations. The posters I tend to agree with on player evals seem to be weary of Skriniar.

My biggest issue is that our back line looks exceptionally weak because we lack a defensive minded mid. I cannot believe we have gone another window with Winks being out main option.

We shouldn't be taking any striker who thinks that way should we? Rather someone who want's to add quality to the squad, not just a fill in for injuries, suspensions and a busy fixture list?

The "top four" clubs don't buy strikers who think that way so why should we?

United have Igalo who certainly fits that description (and arguably no bonafide ST).
That's very much Origi's job description.
Chavs bought one (Giroud).
Arse have an academy kid (+ Lacazette but he's pretty much been demoted and was expected to first XI).

I appreciate the sentiment and want hungry players, but it's not as uncommon as you suggest.

Bubbling again:

Sounds like we want a loan which means he is in our plans still. Fulham could be good since he will be tested every single time the opposition has the ball, but it could also prove to be a bad fit since he will be tested every single time the opposition has the ball. Kid needs to iron out his mental lapses and could see the hook happening pretty quickly since Fulham's goal is to stay up.

Sounds like we want a loan which means he is in our plans still. Fulham could be good since he will be tested every single time the opposition has the ball, but it could also prove to be a bad fit since he will be tested every single time the opposition has the ball. Kid needs to iron out his mental lapses and could see the hook happening pretty quickly since Fulham's goal is to stay up.

I'm cool with that. Scotty won't want his CBs fucking about so it may teach him the focus and discipline he needs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom