Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate our window

• 10/10

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • 09/10

Votes: 144 53.7%
  • 08/10

Votes: 78 29.1%
  • 07/10

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 06/10

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 05/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 04/10

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 03/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 02/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 01/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With the Summer 2020 transfer window now closed, what are your thoughts about our signings, sales and loans?

Signings - £75.7m (reported)

[11/08] Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg - Southampton (undisclosed - reported £15m)

[18/08] Joe Hart - Burnley (free transfer)

[30/08] Matt Doherty - Wolverhampton Wanderers (undisclosed - reported £15m)

[19/09] Sergio Reguilon - Real Madrid (undisclosed - reported £32m)

[19/09] Gareth Bale - Real Madrid (loan fee undisclosed - reported £0m / £250,000 per week)

[03/10] Carlos Vinícius - Benfica (loan fee £2.7m - option to buy £38.2m)

[16/10]
Joe Rodon - Swansea (£11m plus add-ons)

Sales - £13m (reported)
Kyle Walker-Peters - Southampton (undisclosed - reported £12m)
Jan Vertonghen - Benfica (free transfer)
Luke Amos - Queens Park Rangers (undisclosed - reported £1m)

Loans
Troy Parrott - Millwall
Oliver Skipp - Norwich City
Jack Roles - Burton Albion
Shilow Tracey - Shrewsbury Town
Timothy Ayoma - Lincoln City
Juan Foyth - Villarreal
Ryan Sessegnon - Hoffenheim

Kazaiah Sterling - Southend Unified
Cameron Carter-Vickers - Bournemouth

Last edited:
9/10.

Improved in key areas: Wing backs, central midfield and a back up striker.

Loaned out our best young players: Skipp and Parrott

Brought Bale home.

Can't really argue with anything.

Nope. Not clicking until 11pm.
:levyeyes:

tenor.gif

Brilliant window but I'll give this one 9/10 because we may do even better in the next one and I'd have nowhere else to go if I give this top marks.
:mourthumb: :coys:

This one would take some fucking beating though

9/10 for a 10/10 getting Skriniar and a out out number 6 would have completed the squad but this is by a mile the best transfer window I can remember.

Not sure how anyone can rate it when it remains to be seen how well the players do for us! Review at the end of season, surely?

I would say it’s been the most exciting window in a while.

Last edited:
7/10 probably moving up to 8 if they get Rodon in.

I know everyone will be going overboard with the 9's and 10's, but the moves were too short term for me to give it that rating.

Plus still too many holes and concerns to rate it a 10/10.

Also its hard to imagine a 10/10 when you have complete dog shit Joe Hart now ready to single handily take us out of any game he gets into. Downgrading the back-up goalie position for no reason, isn't a major deal but an odd move for sure.

As it's stands now I've gone with an 8. It's been a great window, but I've dropped a couple of marks for us not signing a CB and for not getting rid of Danny Rose. Both of those could change though so I may change my score later.

9/10 for me.

We've signed 4 (that's FOUR) players that will, and has, instantly improve us.
Doherty
Reggie
Hojbjerg
and Bale

Not only are these instant 1st teamers they will also (or should) give the other players in their positions a gee up. Too many players have been too comfortable, for too long.

Vinicious will allow Kane to get some much needed rest

Hart, well I only ever thought of him as 3rd choice but I'll trust Nuno and Jose.

We have a very good squad now, allowing rotation without a markable drop in quality.

Yeah, a CB would be the icing on the cake, but you can't have everything.

Some have been looking for another creative CM, but Bale can cover that imo. Any way, it's the lest critical position to fill.

Who the fuck put 5/10? LOL. Got to be a gooner wum surely?

9/10 window for me and this is coming from someone who was highly critical of ENIC and Levy.

Difference is, I am always open to changing my opinion and admitting when I am wrong and they have proven me wrong this window (and I am happy they have.)

Long may it continue, good quality signings, smart signings that improve us and give us competition for places whilst also retaining our best talent, can't ask for more, a CB would have been 10/10 for me.

Probably an 8 or 9, I've gone with a 9 as I'm optimistic. Another centreback would have made it a 10, but I don't think anyone can complain at the improvements we have made. We have improved the first 11 and squad massively. We have added a combination of former captains, players with strong mentality, winners and of course football ability.

What shit did I make up about you ?

I "guessed" and put in an apology if that wasn't the case.

Calm down, petal.

The guess in a thread where I posted my rating and gave my justification was making shit up, but you posted an apology so I guess that makes it all better.

How about just not making a ridiculous guess in the first place?

The guess in a thread where I posted my rating and gave my justification was making shit up, but you posted an apology so I guess that makes it all better.

How about just not making a ridiculous guess in the first place?

That's not making shit up, that was a "GUESS". You know what that words mean right ?

You really are a precious little princess aren't you.

Back
Top Bottom