Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio Ramos looks set to leave Madrid. I could honestly see us going for him out of contract for his experience & lack of transfer fee (albeit he will command a large signing on fee).

More than likely depends on if we are keeping Mourinho. We were previously linked to him.

Whether or not we should go for Ramos or not, would he have much interest in coming to us unless we paid him ridiculous money?

I can't see at his age that he is interested to come here and play in maybe the Europa League with an outside shot at playing CL when he is 37. It seems like he would be much more interested in going to a team that is already in CL and probably one that has a decent shot at winning or at least going far.

Whether or not we should go for Ramos or not, would he have much interest in coming to us unless we paid him ridiculous money?

I can't see at his age that he is interested to come here and play in maybe the Europa League with an outside shot at playing CL when he is 37. It seems like he would be much more interested in going to a team that is already in CL and probably one that has a decent shot at winning or at least going far.
It'll come down to money and playing time. You could imagine the likes of PSG, Bayern and Man Utd all being interested.

If we are struggling with transfer budgets then this is the kind of signings I can see us attempting to pick up. Winners with proven experience, albeit he will be declining physically. In saying that, plenty of modern footballers will increasingly be able to prolong their careers due to advancements in rest & rehab (performance enhancers).

It'll come down to money and playing time. You could imagine the likes of PSG, Bayern and Man Utd all being interested.

If we are struggling with transfer budgets then this is the kind of signings I can see us attempting to pick up. Winners with proven experience, albeit he will be declining physically. In saying that, plenty of modern footballers will increasingly be able to prolong their careers due to advancements in rest & rehab (performance enhancers).

I am not sure what he is looking for at this point so if money and playing time are most important then maybe we have a shot, although not sure Levy is going to give him the money unless Jose convinces him to.

Lloris is 34.

Any replacement we are looking at is below 30.

I was big on moving out Lloris but if all we can get for him is 10m and to buy a guy like Maignan we are paying 20m+ I am not so sure it is worth it in that case. Might as well just keep the better keeper and let him go for free if we are getting basically nothing for him.

I was big on moving out Lloris but if all we can get for him is 10m and to buy a guy like Maignan we are paying 20m+ I am not so sure it is worth it in that case. Might as well just keep the better keeper and let him go for free if we are getting basically nothing for him.
Yep
When we have like 0 funds in the summer it just makes sense to not spend money on the goalkeeper.

Yep
When we have like 0 funds in the summer it just makes sense to not spend money on the goalkeeper.

The problem is we will need a new goalkeeper very soon and likely aren't going to have any more funds then or any less needs. with the guys we have running this club. In fact it is more likely we will have even more needs with us having to replace the guys we buy this summer.

The problem is we will need a new goalkeeper very soon and likely aren't going to have any more funds then or any less needs. with the guys we have running this club. In fact it is more likely we will have even more needs with us having to replace the guys we buy this summer.
I'd wait until next Summer.
More urgent needs to address
Hopefully budget will be bigger next summer with fans back.

Big Mike's contract is up in a year. I read somewhere that he is available for £18m.

I'd wait until next Summer.
More urgent needs to address
Hopefully budget will be bigger next summer with fans back.

Its why I wished we had addressed the issue by bringing in someone who at least had the potential to replace Lloris rather than just gone with Gazzanigga and Hart the past number of years.

Once again we are left reacting too late and forced to either ignore other areas, spend big or ignore Keeper because the club fails to have any foresight or planning when it comes to the squad.

I like him a lot. Good shot stopper, he actually catches high balls, he is very quick off his line and very brave 1 v 1. The only area he falls down for me is his long-range kicking.

If long range kicking is his biggest issue, I can live with that.

Maybe it is a guy named Mike coming from France that throws me off.

If its up in a year get him in January or something like that.
That would work well for all parties.
Get him for really cheap
or get him on a pre-contract

Either way.. Get him in so we have the options ahead of the 22/23 season.
Lloris is statistically the best GK in the league. No rush to get rid of him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom