Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he's a complete prat but i'd take Brendan Rodgers in the summer. Not my first choice but think he'd come, good football and quickly turned around Leicesters dull, mid table approach under Puel. I think he'd suit us. Him, Hasenhuttl, Rose, Nagelsmann. Some decent options out there.

We went for the biggest winner in world football...
This winner bullshit is one of the biggest crap I’ve ever read on this forum. Why has Barcelona given Pep a chance then? He wasn’t a winner, was he? Why has Dortmund given Klopp a chance? He didn’t win anything at Mainz.

Going after people who won something is absolutely stupid if that manager has proven he’s fucking past it. We should go after managers who are the next big thing, who evolve as football move from one era to another. Arteta has won a FA Cup as a novice. Does that make him a better candidate than Nagelsmann? (just to give an example)

Imo Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl and Rose look like managers who have a plan, a structure that has worked whereever they managed. Personally I’d vouch for Marco Rose, but Hassenhuttl knows the league, done well at Southampton and improved the crap players he inherited. Sure he has been foolish in some games with his tactics (eg when we played them) but no manager is perfect.

To my knowledge there’s also this guy at Celta who turned them around from relegation zone to top half, he’s a bit unproven though but someone to keep an eye on.

Roger is not crazy , he must be so happy now . Leicester don't waste their Money on Doherty or Bale .... :mourglasses:. They are enough smart to chose the good players.

This winner bullshit is one of the biggest crap I’ve ever read on this forum. Why has Barcelona given Pep a chance then? He wasn’t a winner, was he? Why has Dortmund given Klopp a chance? He didn’t win anything at Mainz.

Going after people who won something is absolutely stupid if that manager has proven he’s fucking past it. We should go after managers who are the next big thing, who evolve as football move from one era to another. Arteta has won a FA Cup as a novice. Does that make him a better candidate than Nagelsmann? (just to give an example)

Imo Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl and Rose look like managers who have a plan, a structure that has worked whereever they managed. Personally I’d vouch for Marco Rose, but Hassenhuttl knows the league, done well at Southampton and improved the crap players he inherited. Sure he has been foolish in some games with his tactics (eg when we played them) but no manager is perfect.

To my knowledge there’s also this guy at Celta who turned them around from relegation zone to top half, he’s a bit unproven though but someone to keep an eye on.

I agree.

We did, and most of the squad he's currently chosing from is from the previous regime or loanees.

On paper we have good depth and a strong team, the only weakness is our defence and we do need a CB upgrade but this is a better squad than West Ham, Leicester and on par with United. I except a fully fit Liverpool and Man City are better. This should at least be enough for top 4.

Our main strength is in attack but we have a manager who seems unable to use it. Instead we sit back in defence (our weakest part) and hope the defence can hold out for 90 mins. To play how Mourinho wants we would need a world class back line, instead we have a world class attack. The team is a very good one but not one suited to Mourinho so either he adapts to the team or he leaves.

Team 1

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Regulion
Ndombele PEH Lo Celso
Bergwijn Kane Son

Team 2

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Sissoko Winks Dele/Lamela
Bale Vinnie Lucas

Yep. Managerial appointments aren't an exact science. We've tried the proven 'winners' approach with Graham, Santini, Ramos, and Mourinho amd its been a shit show. 2 of them won us a league cup and another one might but its been pony regardless. The 2 appointments we've got bang on in 25 years are Redknapp and Poch with 1 FA cup between them but they both got what the club was about. Might not have won anything but 6 top 4 finishes and 2 5th place out of 8 seasons between them whilst bothering the business end of the champions league and mostly really good football. Could go a bit of that at this moment.

For me sell

Sissoko: getting older
Lamela: injury record
Dele : wants to leave
Lucas and Doherty depending

Buy

Skipp: back from loan
CB of top quality
Sabitzer
Another RB if Doherty doesn’t step up
Maybe an AM
Regulion/Vinnie make permanent if possible

Plus a manager who want to use our attacking players.

January ends on Sunday and we aren't making any moves.

Another summer of upheaval?

My suggestions...

Outs -

Hugo Lloris - £30m
Dele Alli - £30m
Gareth Bale - End of Loan
Carlos Vinicius - End of Loan
Gedson Fernandes - End of Loan
Lucas Moura - £20m
Danny Rose - End of Contract
Cameron Carter-Vickers - End of Contract

That leaves us with the need of a goalkeeper, two attacking midfielders and a backup striker. Another central midfielder and centre back would be a cherry on top.

With that in mind...

Ins -

GK - Alphonse Arreola
CB - Ibrahim Konate
CM - Marcel Sabitzer
AM - Todd Cantwell
AM - Memphis Depay
ST - Danny Ings

More importantly than all the above though...

Out - Jose Mourinho
In - Julian Nagelsmann

----------------------Arreola------------------------
Aurier------Konate-------Rodon------Reguilon
-------------Hojbjerg------Skipp-------------------
---------------------Ndombele---------------------
-------------Depay-------------Son----------------
------------------------Kane-------------------------

Aurier and Reggy prodiving the width.
Don’t disagree with most of that, I do agree that our overall squad needs a reduction in numbers and an upping in quality.
Agree that Hugo should probably go, time feels right. I’d probably add Milan Skrinar, James Ward-Prowse and maybe Tarqi Lamptey to your thinking, also Skippy would be back in the fold and perhaps we could finally start taking the Tangana at RB option more seriously

A fresh start

Replace 2/3 of personell, get a young manager that believes in modern football
This. All is not lost and we need to buy 10 players. What we need is a new younger manager with a bit of a plan, 3 first team ready top players at RB,CB and RW/forward, Skipp and Sessegnon back and involved,Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela and Moura out and we're in a much better state.

This. All is not lost and we need to buy 10 players. What we need is a new younger manager with a bit of a plan, 3 first team ready top players at RB,CB and RW/forward, Skipp and Sessegnon back and involved,Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela and Moura out and we're in a much better state.
A lot more players need to leave imo

With Hitchen / Levy who will bring 10 others new Doherty .... We will finish like Crystal Palace ..
Not Levy biggest fan but i don't think this is the direction he wants this club to take

People are talking about Nagelsmann = he's 33 and won nothing. He had no playing career. Do we really want to go down that route yet again? City and Liverpool both went for 2 of the biggest winners in world football at the time. Do we really think we can compete with a manager younger than most players who has absolutely no history of winning even a raffle?

And most likely would cost a fortune to get out of his Oil rich club anyway.

All I see is another AVB/Poch scenario.
So much wrong in this post I don’t know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom