Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have the maximum number of overseas trained players (17) so need to offload some - and other clubs not too keen to take on wages that some of our players are on.

I find it hard to believe that it will be impossible to move some, if not all of, Sissoko, Sanchez, Aurier, Moura, Lamela, Dier.

There have already been rumours about teams wanting some.

Also if it is the case that we can't move any of them then we are screwed so who cares about HG players at that stage anyways.

Moura should definitely stay.

No thanks.

The effort is great to see but he still is a terrible passer, has his head down way too much and doesn't do enough.

I think we can get enough for him that we could bring in a player that helps fill the needs of the team much better and is also likely to be younger and better.

I find it hard to believe that it will be impossible to move some, if not all of, Sissoko, Sanchez, Aurier, Moura, Lamela, Dier.

There have already been rumours about teams wanting some.

Also if it is the case that we can't move any of them then we are screwed so who cares about HG players at that stage anyways.

If you were a club wanting an attacking player and your choice was paying £80k pw (£4m pa) for a player who hasn't been fit for 70% of games over last 7 years or a player who has been fit for around 90% of the last 7 years on a similar wage, which would you choose to offer a 3 + year contract to ?

Or would you choose a 32 year old midfielder to offer a £80k pw (£4m pa) 3+ year contract to ?

Don't let yesterday fool you. A CB is desperately needed.
Watched Konsa play yesterday and thought he was excellent. Looked far more composed and calm than Sanchez did throughout that game.

No thanks.

The effort is great to see but he still is a terrible passer, has his head down way too much and doesn't do enough.

I think we can get enough for him that we could bring in a player that helps fill the needs of the team much better and is also likely to be younger and better.
He played really well yesterday but agree on the passing - even last night, simple passes over or under hit.... stops the flow of the attach and players check their runs and the attack fizzles out. Basics

First bit of business I'd do.

Winks - OUT
Sissoko - OUT

If we're lucky we get somewhere around £30m for the 2 combined.

Use that £30m on another midfielder. Probably Sabitzer.
Skipp coming back too..

Hojbjerg , Skipp , Lo Celso , Ndombele and Sabitzer. Suddenly we have amazing depth in that department and we have a proper midfield selection.

Winks , Dier , Sissoko I want to see all 3 of these gone at a minimum this summer.
Dele should go too
and I'd be happy to see the back of Davies although I doubt he goes.

Winks is one of our own but not good enough
Sissoko pretty good 18/19 but probably the worst footballer in terms of technical ability of any of the top 6
Dier don't need to explain , he's just shit.

If you were a club wanting an attacking player and your choice was paying £80k pw (£4m pa) for a player who hasn't been fit for 70% of games over last 7 years or a player who has been fit for around 90% of the last 7 years on a similar wage, which would you choose to offer a 3 + year contract to ?

Or would you choose a 32 year old midfielder to offer a £80k pw (£4m pa) 3+ year contract to ?

Guys on high wages get sold on the time, teams buy players that fans don't want all the time.\

If you seriously think we can't move any of Sissoko, Moura, Aurier, Doherty, Winks, Dier, Lamela than again who cares about HG issues as we are fucked.

It would be unprecedented that we weren't able to move at least some of them, but maybe this is a unicorn window for Spurs alone and we can't move anyone out.

Winks , Dier , Sissoko I want to see all 3 of these gone at a minimum this summer.
Dele should go too
and I'd be happy to see the back of Davies although I doubt he goes.

Winks is one of our own but not good enough
Sissoko pretty good 18/19 but probably the worst footballer in terms of technical ability of any of the top 6
Dier don't need to explain , he's just shit.
👍👍

Few more things to consider in terms of who to sell:

-Foyth is in Villarreal first XI as an utility player, and has option to buy at around £13M (although I suspect if they do buy him, this is probably going to be negotiated down to £10M).
-I wouldn't mind seeing Doherty go unless we're gonna replace Jose with a manager who plays 5 at the back. Tanganga and Aurier can compete for RB spot.

-There was a rumour in Spanish press that Sevilla are willing to offer £35M for Sanchez to replace Kounde. I think that's BS, but even if they offer £25M we should take it.
I wouldn't mind if all our revenue from selling Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Doherty went towards 2 quality CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom