Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
January ends on Sunday and we aren't making any moves.

Another summer of upheaval?

My suggestions...

Outs -

Hugo Lloris - £30m
Dele Alli - £30m
Gareth Bale - End of Loan
Carlos Vinicius - End of Loan
Gedson Fernandes - End of Loan
Lucas Moura - £20m
Danny Rose - End of Contract
Cameron Carter-Vickers - End of Contract

That leaves us with the need of a goalkeeper, two attacking midfielders and a backup striker. Another central midfielder and centre back would be a cherry on top.

With that in mind...

Ins -

GK - Alphonse Arreola
CB - Ibrahim Konate
CM - Marcel Sabitzer
AM - Todd Cantwell
AM - Memphis Depay
ST - Danny Ings

More importantly than all the above though...

Out - Jose Mourinho
In - Julian Nagelsmann

----------------------Arreola------------------------
Aurier------Konate-------Rodon------Reguilon
-------------Hojbjerg------Skipp-------------------
---------------------Ndombele---------------------
-------------Depay-------------Son----------------
------------------------Kane-------------------------

Aurier and Reggy prodiving the width.

My suggestions...

Outs -

Hugo Lloris - £30m
Dele Alli - £30m
Lucas Moura - £20m

That leaves us with the need of a goalkeeper, two attacking midfielders and a backup striker. Another central midfielder and centre back would be a cherry on top.

With that in mind...

Ins -

GK - Alphonse Arreola
CB - Ibrahim Konate
CM - Marcel Sabitzer
AM - Todd Cantwell
AM - Memphis Depay
ST - Danny Ings

Out - Jose Mourinho
In - Julian Nagelsmann

Never going to get £30m for Lloris and also I wouldn't sell him. One poor 2nd half and now he needs to be sold? Tad reactionary , no?

In terms of positions I'd be looking at
- CB
- RB
- Creative midfielder

These 3 positions would be for the first team , as I don't think currently Aurier/Dier are good enough and we have no real playmaker in our team.
I think a Bergwijn/Kane/Son front 3 is still decent.
In terms of other positions , we might need to still get a backup ST depending on what happens with Vinicius and if we were to sell players like Lamela/Moura then we'd need to replace these players.

My suggestions...

Outs -

Hugo Lloris - £30m
Dele Alli - £30m
Lucas Moura - £20m

With that in mind...

Ins -

GK - Alphonse Arreola
CB - Ibrahim Konate
CM - Marcel Sabitzer
AM - Todd Cantwell
AM - Memphis Depay
ST - Danny Ings

Out - Jose Mourinho
In - Julian Nagelsmann

Nagpesmann would be amazing but that ain’t gonna happen not with Mourinho on a long contract and the World the way it is. Levy is going to be watching pennies.

Never going to get £30m for Lloris and also I wouldn't sell him. One poor 2nd half and now he needs to be sold? Tad reactionary , no?

In terms of positions I'd be looking at
- CB
- RB
- Creative midfielder

These 3 positions would be for the first team , as I don't think currently Aurier/Dier are good enough and we have no real playmaker in our team.
I think a Bergwijn/Kane/Son front 3 is still decent.
In terms of other positions , we might need to still get a backup ST depending on what happens with Vinicius and if we were to sell players like Lamela/Moura then we'd need to replace these players.
PSG would pay that for him to rejoin Poch I'd have thought.

He doesn't ''need'' to be sold. But there is a better keeper available, who will likely be far cheaper. Even Pope is a better option.

I love Hugo and all he's done for us, but if we can improve we should and Arreola or Pope are fabulous keepers and Hugo is 35 this year.

Yea, I missed right back. If someone obvious becomes available that's another upgradable position.

What I would do is a massive clear out. Buy better and promote younger players from the academy. We’re in a position where we have too many players stealing a living or are too comfortable at the club. They need to be pushed out.

Lucas - £15m (not good enough I’m afraid)
Lamela - £12m (had his time, not good and very injury prone)
Aurier - £18m (poor player, I would sell Doherty aswell but considering he’s been bought last summer, I doubt we’ll sell)
Dier - £20-24m (strings too many shit performances, been at the club for years and barely had a decent season)
Sissoko - £15m (can’t control a ball, very one dimensional and limited)
Alderweireld - £10m (he’s obviously better than Dier but I think it’s time we cut him loose)
Total - £80-84m

Bring in a strong CB (£35m), another DM (£20m), a proper RB (£25-30m) and a back-up striker (loan). Total - £80-85m.

It would still leave us short on the flanks but I’d rather have quality than quantity.

So in other words...
Lloris
New RB, New CB - Rodon/Tanganga, Reguilon
Hojbjerg - New DM - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son

We can also go diamond, under a proper manager like Marco Rose.

Lloris
New DM
Hojbjerg, Ndombele
Lo Celso
Kane, Son

I don’t know if Kane is gonna want to stay another season, I hope so.

What I would do is a massive clear out. Buy better and promote younger players from the academy. We’re in a position where we have too many players stealing a living or are too comfortable at the club. They need to be pushed out.

Lucas - £15m (not good enough I’m afraid)
Lamela - £12m (had his time, not good and very injury prone)
Aurier - £18m (poor player, I would sell Doherty aswell but considering he’s been bought last summer, I doubt we’ll sell)
Dier - £20-24m (strings too many shit performances, been at the club for years and barely had a decent season)
Sissoko - £15m (can’t control a ball, very one dimensional and limited)
Alderweireld - £10m (he’s obviously better than Dier but I think it’s time we cut him loose)
Total - £80-84m

Bring in a strong CB (£35m), another DM (£20m), a proper RB (£25-30m) and a back-up striker (loan). Total - £80-85m.

It would still leave us short on the flanks but I’d rather have quality than quantity.

So in other words...
Lloris
Hojbjerg - New DM - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son

We can also go diamond, under a proper manager like Marco Rose.

Lloris
New DM
Hojbjerg, Ndombele
Lo Celso
Kane, Son

I don’t know if Kane is gonna want to stay another season, I hope so.
New DM = Oliver Skipp.

Nagelsmann will never leave for us :mourglasses:. RB leipzig did everything well and took only good wonderkids for the futur .

Levy can keep Son, Kane , Hojbjerg , Tanguy , Bergwjin , Aurier , Ben Davies , Reguillon, Winks and sell the rest .

Can't see Levy sacking Mourinho, especially as I'd expect us to probably finish up 5th or 6th in the league, and do well enough in the cups. I'd be happy to see the back of him but I don't see it happening. Hassenhutll, Nagelsmann, plenty of good coaches out there.

We need a CB, RB, CM and RW in the Summer. Loads of good players in each of those positions that will be for sale.

Our squad is so utterly full of mediocrity it baffles me.

Dier, Davies, Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela, Moura, Sissoko of the previous regime need to go.
Doherty is abysmal. I've seen nothing from him to suggest he has any hope of remaining here beyond the summer.
I don't dislike Bergwijn, but at the same time, if we could recoup our money on him, I would probably take it.
Bale hasn't worked out, lets not keep paying 50% of his wages
If Vinicious isn't up to playing 45 minutes when Kane goes off neither is he.
Gedson needs to go back.
Really, out of Mourinho's signings, the only 2 that stand out as good have been Reguilon and Hoijberg.

Our squad is a mess. A terrible, badly put together for the last 4/5 years mess.
Some suggesting getting rid of Mourinho but my concern is any new manager comes in, they'll probably want to take a look at the squad first before doing anything. I can't tolerate anymore of the above players under any manager.
Maybe we need Mourinho to be the brutal one to get rid of the dross before we think about any kind of change. What worries me though is he seems to like Dier and Winks.

This summer we need an overhaul of gigantic proportions.

Out

Sanchez
Aurier
Lamela
Lucas
Winks* - As long as we get someone better
Dele - If he really wants to go

In
2 new centre backs - Happy with Rodon, Alderweireld and Dier but we need a commanding CB and another for cover. Skrinair would be ideal.
New right back - Aurier and Doherty are shite - Lampety would be perfect
New CM - I actually wouldn't be against Skipp playing with Hojbjerg.
New AM - Sabitzer.. Just get him.
New RW - Bale needs to go back, Bergwijn is good enough. Need someone who will chip in with goals and assists.
Either make Vinicius permanent or go for Ings.

Players like Sissoko, Dier, Lo Celso are good for squad cover. But all 3 of them are in danger of becoming surplus. I had high hopes for Lo Celso, but injuries and lack of G/A have really let me down.

People are talking about Nagelsmann = he's 33 and won nothing. He had no playing career. Do we really want to go down that route yet again? City and Liverpool both went for 2 of the biggest winners in world football at the time. Do we really think we can compete with a manager younger than most players who has absolutely no history of winning even a raffle?

And most likely would cost a fortune to get out of his Oil rich club anyway.

All I see is another AVB/Poch scenario.

People are talking about Nagelsmann = he's 33 and won nothing. He had no playing career. Do we really want to go down that route yet again? City and Liverpool both went for 2 of the biggest winners in world football at the time. Do we really think we can compete with a manager younger than most players who has absolutely no history of winning even a raffle?

And most likely would cost a fortune to get out of his Oil rich club anyway.

All I see is another AVB/Poch scenario.

We went for the biggest winner in world football...

Please stop to mention Nagelsmann for us ... He will play the CL with Leipzig every years and their scout are better than us :mourglasses:. He won't leave a Ferrari for a Fiat broken ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom