Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we added Spence, and kept both Emerson and Doherty, then there’s an upside. WB is the most physically demanding part of the system, so having the 5th who can cover both sides is no bad thing.

I’m not actually desperate for the extra centre back, I’d prefer we did get another but I actually think Lenglet gives us a good, deep set.

From an HG perspective, we’re just about ok if things transpire the way they look like doing (bold is association trained, bold and underlined is club trained):

Lloris Forster Austin
Romero Tanganga
Dier Sanchez
Lenglet Davies
Spence Emerson Doherty
Perisic Sessegnon
Bentancur Skipp
Bissouma Højbjerg
Son Richarlison
Kulusevski Lucas
Kane Bergwijn (Parrott/ Scarlett)

For that extra non HG attacking player to come in we’d need shot of Bergwijn (whether that’s a creative CM or someone for the front line). Likewise at wingback, one of Doherty or Emerson would need to make way, and at centre back Sanchez would need to go, which feels unlikely. Of course players can be just outright left out of the registration but that’s no good for anyone, and I’ve already made the assumption here that Reguilón, Rodon, Lo Celso, Gil and Ndombele will find new homes. Shifting Bergwijn seems likely so I’d hope there’s another midfield or attacking signing to come, but I really see all of Doherty, Emerson and Sanchez being here next season so I’d suggest that unless there’s an HG option we can get, that’s that for the defence and flanks.

If we added Spence, and kept both Emerson and Doherty, then there’s an upside. WB is the most physically demanding part of the system, so having the 5th who can cover both sides is no bad thing.

I’m not actually desperate for the extra centre back, I’d prefer we did get another but I actually think Lenglet gives us a good, deep set.

From an HG perspective, we’re just about ok if things transpire the way they look like doing (bold is association trained, bold and underlined is club trained):
Doherty can also play as a CB. He's played there a few times for Eire. Just saying, not claiming Conte should play him as a CB.

Doherty can also play as a CB. He's played there a few times for Eire. Just saying, not claiming Conte should play him as a CB.
Definitely see why a Conte likes him. And Perisic can play both sides as well as in the front 3.

Personally I think if the squad ends up as I posted (Though I do imagine at least Bergwijn will be replaced with someone attack minded) there are no obvious holes. Areas that could be better perhaps, but a very good first xi, experienced depth which is mostly high quality, and they’re under a manager who we have already seen will get the best out of them. It’s balanced and competitive.

I don’t see us going for the title but I do think we’re going to be in the conversation far deeper into the season than anybody expects.

He’s coming to compete for his spot, not make up the numbers. At his best he is levels above what we have at LCB. I’m guessing a fresh start under Contes wing appeals to him and to Conte. Loan with an option to buy is great business for us, for him to rediscover his form under an elite manager in the top league in world football and it gets him off Barca’s wages for a season

Kilman started out playing futball (less popular in uk than some other countries) - converted to 11 a side football later in his career, hence his age
I know Max Kilman personally, as I have played Futsal with him and against him. We even played together for England u-23's (Futsal, of course). His Dad even gave me a lift once from a training camp in Northampton.

He grew up playing Football and was at Gillingham's academy for a while and picked up Futsal with a team called Genesis in East London from the age of 15. He never stopped playing Football whilst playing Futsal.

He is absolutely quality on the ball and would be a cheaper alternative to the other left footed, ball playing cb's. He is also massive and very athletic.

A very quiet boy too with a calm demeanor so he wouldn't be a 'rash' type of defender. He is fearless though.

I would be very happy if we got him and I may have to hassle him for free tickets if we did 😅

Think any remaining signings are going to have to be homegrown. I really cant see Bremer or any foreign trained player coming until we've shifted a few of Bergwijn, Emerson, Reggie, Sanchez and Moura.
Besides Lucas, in a World Cup year nothing os gonna focus their and their agents mind into finding a new club than hearing we haven’t got a spot for them in the squad due to HG rules.

I know Max Kilman personally, as I have played Futsal with him and against him. We even played together for England u-23's (Futsal, of course). His Dad even gave me a lift once from a training camp in Northampton.

He grew up playing Football and was at Gillingham's academy for a while and picked up Futsal with a team called Genesis in East London from the age of 15. He never stopped playing Football whilst playing Futsal.

He is absolutely quality on the ball and would be a cheaper alternative to the other left footed, ball playing cb's. He is also massive and very athletic.

A very quiet boy too with a calm demeanor so he wouldn't be a 'rash' type of defender. He is fearless though.

I would be very happy if we got him and I may have to hassle him for free tickets if we did 😅

Fuck the free tickets, you should be hassling him for ITK

🔵🔴 #Lenglet will go on loan to #Tottenham : agreement between #FCBarcelona and #THFC , the defender has already given his approval. It is valued to add a purchase option of 6M @TuttoMercatoWeb

Back
Top Bottom