Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton exit for Anthony Gordan would cause 'uproar' says Dean Jones

Dean Jones: Anthony Gordon leaving Everton would cause an uproar​

Journalist Dean Jones believes Anthony Gordon departing Everton would cause “uproar” amongst the Goodison Park faithful after the youngster was linked with Tottenham.

Sky Sports reported on Tuesday 28 June that Spurs were lining up a double deal for Richarlison and Gordon.

However, the former Bleacher Report journalist believes a Goodison Park exit is unlikely for the 21-year-old this summer.

Jones told GIVEMESPORT [29 June]: “Everton have had so many problems over the last couple of seasons, especially with the relationship between the club and the fanbase.

“So, if they were to get rid of Anthony Gordon there would be uproar, so I don’t believe they will sell Gordon unless they get absolutely ridiculous money for him.”

He cannot exit

If Gordon was to depart Goodison Park it would be a damning indictment of the Toffees’ current state.

Gordon has made no public admission to wanting to leave the Toffees so any exit would be the club cashing in on one of their top talents.

What hope does that give Everton’s youth products that want to be given a continued chance in the first team?

Furthermore, it sends an awful message to Evertonians in general.

Gordon’s value could well double if he enjoys another successful season for the Toffees after breaking through in the 2021/22 campaign.

Frank Lampard clearly needs to raise funds in the transfer window to reshape his Everton squad, however, selling Gordon isn’t the answer.

Richarlison is the likely candidate to depart the club and a move away for the Brazilian makes sense with the 25-year-old wanting Champions League football and to put himself well in contention for the Brazil World Cup squad.

Since when did Spurs get not just 1 but 2 deals finalized and basically confirmed overnight? 🤔
From what I remember such deals were generally said to be completed on the following Mondays...
We have one of the best managers with a year left on his contract, they know, piss him off at their peril.

Who’s happy Conte is being backed? We are being aggressive in the market. This is all some of us wanted. Fantastic business so far with Richarlison done.
It's the way us as fans have been calling for the club to act, and I'm glad they have realised it now. Conte and Paratici have obviously had a big say on the approach, but it shows they are now listening. Getting these players in early gives them a whole preseason with Conte's methods and integrates them into the squad a lot better. I'm very excited for the season ahead.

Still shy of a LCB and a RWB, but I'm confident we'll get those sorted, and keep an eye out for any other deals that are too good to ignore.

I'm hoping to see some more outgoings, but getting the players in first was always more important.

Who’s happy Conte is being backed? We are being aggressive in the market. This is all some of us wanted. Fantastic business so far with Richarlison done.

Did YOU just compliment our transfer business?!!

holy shit GIF

:adesalute: :adethumbup: :dierpochhug: :dierpochhug:

FORZA TOTTENHAM MOTHER FUCKERS!

So reckon it will be Lenglet and Richarlison today. Maybe a week to finanlise Spence before the tour of Korea. Then we can be a bit more opportunistic, we'd need to shift a few on but i'd still like someone more technically gifted in the attacking third and maybe another centre back.

Back
Top Bottom