Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More like taking out a second mortgage to buy a couple of sports cars, and that's much, much worse. At least if you're dipping into your retirement account you've already got the money...
And despite the extra spending right now they're not in a position to make that money work to their benefit. They'll finish 2nd, same as last season, and probably get smashed in the CL by the likes of City, Bayern etc. even with the new signings.

Unlike say Spurs or Arse, for whom spending represents the potential to secure top 4 and so gain greater revenue as a result of the spending.

See chelsea tried to hijack richarlison deal. They do that on purpose to manipulate market and prevent us. Done that with marin, batshuayi and other players who had their careers ruined. Dont have Romans cash now to burn. We will overtake them next season. They have a shit ground as well.

See chelsea tried to hijack richarlison deal. They do that on purpose to manipulate market and prevent us. Done that with marin, batshuayi and other players who had their careers ruined. Dont have Romans cash now to burn. We will overtake them next season. They have a shit ground as well.
Stamford Bridge has to be one of the worst stadiums in all of top flight football

Conte is the first spurs manager I’ve seen to be fully backed without question its over to him now which is such a nice feeling to have finally!!!!
Conte is the first Spurs manager with his type of pedigree. He's the closest you can get to guaranteed silverware. So it's not surprising that he is getting backed. Mind you, though, if we couldn't back him, I doubt we would have gone after him as hard as we did. The time was right to hire a Conte and Conte is the right manager at the right time.

I've supported this club for many a year, as i;m sure many of you have. I can honestly say I have never been so excited (or gassed as you kids say) for the start of a new season.
For years i have felt we are just plodding along, but now I seriously believe we are building a team that will challenge on every front.

These truly are exciting times.

The signing of Richarlison is two fold.

Not only for today, but for the future. With Kane and Son's Birthdays next month (29 and 30 respectively) and with Richarlison being just 25, we are buying not only cover for our front three now, but a likely replacement for (at some point near the end of this decade) Kane or more likely Son.

Cracking piece of business from the Don.

He's a nasty little cunt that one. I imagine he's a profoundly unremarkable person in real life to get off so heavily on the power trip of being an SC admin.

Would love to see him speak to guys down the pub like that...
Met him in an airport after one of the preseason venues long before I joined SC. Little bloke. Told me who he was. I looked at him quizzically and told him he didn’t look like either.

I was banned almost immediately after joining years later.

I used to get ITK info from a friend who worked from Spurs in the marketing area. He would give me some info usually a couple of days in advance relating to transfers ( but other things too) on the condition that I never pass it on. I remember getting wind of the Alex Morgan loan deal a few days ahead of time but no-one on their site mentioned it. Yeah, it’s women’s football but Morgan is a big deal. She has more Twitter fans and a deeper social media presence than Spurs and it kinda came out of the blue — unless you were true ITK. Similarly, he told me about the Vinicius loan several days ahead of the press getting it. At that point, I realized the difference between a chancer following press conjecture and someone who really did get useful snippets. I think there might be one poster over there that I actually trust is getting real snippets.

Who is Deco??

His agent, the former barca and chavtard player
deco-barcelona-1591366862-40626.jpg

Fantastic transfer news in today about Spurs, and yet some in here are discussing the merits of Klopp and his minions.

Please move this subject to the "who gives a fuck" thread.
No discussion at all, it was one reply to someone who was talking about left-backs (Robertson) v wing-backs (Perisic, the wing-back we signed).

THEY CAN FUCK OVER CHELSEA NOW WE'VE HELPED THEM REDUCE WAGE BILL CAUSED BY LENGLET

Dunno how true it is but I read that Barca sold 10% of their media/TV? Rights for the next 25 years for an immediate cash injection of about 250m Euros — can’t be bothered to look up the actual amount but substantial. This would allow them back in the Raphina race without selling FDJ. Would love to see them hijack Chelski’s hijack of Woolwich

Edited to add: Apologies to those that had already reported the TV rights sale. It was in the pages after the post I was responding too 😞

Last edited:

Spurs lack leaders? The fuck is this geezer talking about? We have the defending WC champion captain as our club captain and England's captain as our striker and vice captain. Son captains South Korea, Dier organises our back line superbly.

The media simply believe club trophies = LEADERSHIP INTANGIBLES. Anything else and you're simply rubbish.

The signing of Richarlison is two fold.

Not only for today, but for the future. With Kane and Son's Birthdays next month (29 and 30 respectively) and with Richarlison being just 25, we are buying not only cover for our front three now, but a likely replacement for (at some point near the end of this decade) Kane or more likely Son.

Cracking piece of business from the Don.

Richarlison will likely leave Spurs before Kane or Son, as long as he gets playing time. My guess is he'll be off to Spain in 2-3 years, but should give us a decent return on the investment.

Back
Top Bottom