Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wf5wlEC.jpg

"names so crazy I can't even mention them at this time"

ITK

Spurs lack leaders? The fuck is this geezer talking about? We have the defending WC champion captain as our club captain and England's captain as our striker and vice captain. Son captains South Korea, Dier organises our back line superbly.

The media simply believe club trophies = LEADERSHIP INTANGIBLES. Anything else and you're simply rubbish.
Who gives a fuck what warnock says. Talksport is just bait and soundbites to get people to ring in. Think we can challenge next season imo.

This summer really is dispelling a lot of myths on peddled on here in years gone by

It's difficult to do transfers early

We have to wait til later in the window to get good deals

Buying a player isn't like popping to the corner shop for a pint of milk etc

Here is the real culprit of our failed transfer policy of seasons past. If he was born in the month of January he'd have the date changed by deed poll..

FKnEg4QXEAAkKH7.jpg

This is so dumb of Barca, business wise, to commit away 25 years worth of a probably growing revenue stream like that. I guess it could be capped? Anyway, they probably feel it is necessary to have cash now given the mess they’ve got themselves in but i suspect they will use it to continue as before and just get in more mess down the line. Terrible mismanagement. Glad not my club.
They have inserted a buy-back clause. They're not as screwed as people think they are.

Last edited:
Apparently we have only offered 10 and they want 15. Surely levy is not that tight 5 million is buttons in today’s market.

It's not the difference in this valuation, it's the difference of the fee Gibson originally gave to Forest.

You can't double the price of a player you don't want (especially to Levy) and expect that to be paid.

Levy may be an ass to deal with but he's no fucking mug, i mean Middlesborough didn't want him last season.

Would I be wrong in assuming that should we sign Bremer, Dier doesn't just slot over to the left? He's right footed but I seem to only remember him playing on the left when we've played a 2 CB system and Dier would seem to be higher up the pecking order than Davies.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Davies starting out at LCB as he was fantastic in the run-in last season, just thinking out loud here.
Ive seen people say that Bremer has played LCB at Torino fairly regularly so between him and Dier id expect him to move over - but then why are we signing Lenglet in that case?

Can't see a world where Conte doesn't play a left footed player at LCB. It makes the transition of defence and playing out so much easier.

If Conte's top 2 targets are Bastoni and Gvardiol, and neither are available this summer then moving for Lenglet on a loan makes sense as it fills a position but doesn't mean we spend big.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us bring in another centre half, like Bremer to rotate with Dier and Romero, but we also need to ship out Sanchez permanently and Rodon on loan.

In the world when he managed Chelsea maybe?

Back
Top Bottom