Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m almost sure that if we now wanted him, he would come. United doesn’t even offer champions league football. I just think it was a bit shitty leaving Brentford for free only after six months. But just personal opinion. Football is after all just a business to most players

All things Spurs aside; United is such a lame choice. The fairytale is over: he's just a guy there.

Yeah. I would be really cool and happy for him and Brentford if he stayed there. Now he is just another guy
Really curious what formation Ten Haag will play. He's got to fit in Bruno and Eriksen. Ronaldo (maybe) leaving means their current CF options are Rashford and Martial? Even if FdJ comes, he still has McT and Fred to pick from for DM.

It's still such a poorly constructed squad.

I’m almost sure that if we now wanted him, he would come. United doesn’t even offer champions league football. I just think it was a bit shitty leaving Brentford for free only after six months. But just personal opinion. Football is after all just a business to most players
I think it is just down to him not being interested in coming back. He made it clear when he left that he wanted new challenges.

Spence and Lenglet in this week hopefully then maybe a CB and AM

Watched another few clips of Spence yesterday, yes he's raw but he's exciting!

Has Walker's pace but arguably with better feet. Obv he's not at Walker's level but there's a special player here hope we get it wrapped up asap.

Added benefit of being home grown too.

Is he a London lad?

Technically no, Saf london (so doesnt count 😉😋) ... grew up with Emile smith Rowe and joined fulham academy at 18

He indicated he would rather go to Ropey League midtable ManUre.
Fuck him. He turned us down because he wanted Champions League. We get Champions League and he turns us down for Ropey League.
Seriously, guy trolled us. Move on.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Did he?

When he had 1 year left on his contract...yes.

And Richarlison offers far more to us and conte's system than Jesus would have. Fact, not opinion.
Im happy with Richarlison, think we overpaid slightly, just saying Jesus is a decent bit of business however he wont do shit in an Woolwich system because of the shit behind him. Could have been a naughty purchase for spurs

Im happy with Richarlison, think we overpaid slightly, just saying Jesus is a decent bit of business however he wont do shit in an Woolwich system because of the shit behind him. Could have been a naughty purchase for spurs

He would have been a pointless person for us. Richarlison is the better player and covers more positions...it's a no brainer.

I agree, it sounds like nonsense. Unless moshiri wants some of the money back he’s put in before he sells up?
That's not beyond the realms of possibility, if you think about it.

The main reasoning for keeping Gordon seems to be to appease the fanbase. However, if Moshiri is looking to sell up, he wouldn't give a toss whether the fanbase goes up in flames, he won't be there to suffer any abuse.

I believe I also read on here that Gordon isn't necessarily against a move to us.

So, potentially unlikely, but definitely not outside the realms of possibility.

Really curious what formation Ten Haag will play. He's got to fit in Bruno and Eriksen. Ronaldo (maybe) leaving means their current CF options are Rashford and Martial? Even if FdJ comes, he still has McT and Fred to pick from for DM.

It's still such a poorly constructed squad.

I bet a lot of their fans want to keep the likes of McTominay and even Rashford in the team when they're clearly not good enough to feature in a top side.
It was fairly well "reported" a good few weeks back that his preference was United between the two clubs. It wasn't long after that emerged that noise about him disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom