Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He indicated he would rather go to Ropey League midtable ManUre.
Fuck him. He turned us down because he wanted Champions League. We get Champions League and he turns us down for Ropey League.
Seriously, guy trolled us. Move on.

More made up bollocks.

He specifically stayed because of it being Villareal in the CL.
He's not been reported to have "turned us down" this summer.
We've not been "trolled".

Announce a cake!

4158439_0.jpg

Depay is not any better than Berg. Waste of money.

He is better than Berg no questions fulfils much more of his potential than berg and he has final product, HOWEVER Depay is a dick, arrogant self entitled personality, its all about him not the team (bit like neymar in that respect) , he is also a typical social media whore , loves himself and his likes more than football.... He Could actually be so much better in terms of a player but the aforementioned above traits hinder him massively ... he is better but wouldnt want to see him come here, especially for the fact he wouldnt be a guaranteed starter so would sulk like a little beeeotch and cause unrest in the camp.

Last edited:
Depay has played mostly center forward since he went to Lyon, not much of a winger anymore though still capable if necessary.

He'd be an incredible depth option for us, but I don't think he'd want to come to play that role. His goalscoring record since leaving United has been excellent at both Lyon and Barcelona. Also potted 12 goals in 10 games for the Dutch in WC qualifying.

Not dying to get him, but if Barca were to let him go cheap because of their financial issues he'd be a good addition.
Depay is also on a shortish (2024 I think) contract with Barca and took a big pay cut to go there. So he would most likely not be super expensive either.

If he is willing to come here and be part of the attacking setup without being a 100% guaranteed starter I would not say no.

Another hypocritical comment from the king of trolls, and i wasnt trolling it was highlighting a fact
Football Soccer GIF by FC Augsburg 1907

I'm sorry dude but this is the transfer thread, not a 'DeadlyDefoe troll thread'. Bin vote cast for going off topic and trolling.

If you want to bother me in future, make sure your comment is relevant to the topic at hand, otherwise I've no interest.

What do you think of our summer transfer activity?

It's amazing how much better Jesus has got in the last few hours.
Scored double digits once in 4 seasons for a team that has more chances that anyone else.
But the heavily bias, pro Woolwich media are trying to spin it into a signing that elevates them to legendary status.
Like West Ham before them, they'll bomb next season, every Sunday, after battling for an away point against Plovdiv etc.

Fabio Paratici's 3 Tottenham transfer tasks to complete for Antonio Conte before pre-season tour

Antonio Conte has a few jobs that he needs Fabio Paratici to sort before Tottenham depart for South Korea on Saturday

By Rob GuestTottenham Hotspur Writer

It’s only one HG space for PL. Presuming Austin is 3rd keeper, Doherty is shown as HG on the PL website for last seasons squad. Sounds like Spence might be sorted shortly ...todays info from Dan K of the Standard

No.

Doherty despite being trained at Wolves had a loan to Hibernian (affiliated to the Scottish FA) and consequently is classified as an Overseas trained player as he failed to have trained at a club affiliated to the FA for 3 years before the age of 21 under UEFA. rules

So the players currently classified as 'Trained by other clubs affiliated to the FA' are Sessegnon and Forster so 2 spare spaces as I said.

Our club trained players are : Kane, Skipp, Tanganga and Austin, assuming that Winks is sold.

David Ornstein has just said Eriksen agrees to join Man Utd. Usually on the ball with Utd stuff.
Must have been a hard decision for him. Travelling up there on a regular basis . Pressure will be on . Very different to Brentford.

ManU squad are a shambles right now

So a player like Eriksen will potentially improve them no end - providing they have the players around to take advantage.

At Spurs I think he could not have been promised a regular 'first 11' position but a first 18' position, very regular playing time but maybe he's still hankering after the limelight.

Great shame as it would be good to see him back at Spurs and equally think it would be less pressure but still rewarding at Brentford. But not to be.

Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder agrees in principle to join Manchester United​

By Simon StoneBBC Sport
Last updated on2 hours ago2 hours ago.

I really hate the idea of him in a man u shirt

Back
Top Bottom