Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fly between the UK & US two or three times a year and have done for over fifteen years.

If you prepare poorly (insufficient sleep prep), as well as poor hydration and poor diet before the flight then you will suffer. Otherwise you may be just an unfit fat git.

Being a pro footballer or being sport fit is totally different. Don't believe me then look to the MLS, NHL, NBA or MLB where players fly most weeks, possibly not the miles but they often fly through three different time zones.

The end of the day, it's about preparation and fitness and little to do with time in the air, or length of flight.

I'm far from unfit. I'm a very very light sleeper though. Nothing much anymore can do about that.

I know one risk being "shot" when posting ITK "info" but it's been rather quiet for a few days so...and a Maddison rumor may kick some life into some of you :cool:

Ali Z on CO'YS:
Either Eze or Oliseh would add something to the squad, hate to upset the applecart but I heard last week we were keen on James Maddison, who I rate but I know many on here don't like.

Sounds more like personal opinion than ITK

Was very keen on Eze when at QPR before going to Palace, but not sure where he would fit in at Spurs now.

Madison very anti Spurs (and anti Bale in his youth). I think he would have been an alternative to Eriksen when he played as a no 10, but now Conte's teams seem to set up with creativity coming from wing backs and Kulusevski type forward, not sure where Maddison would fit in except as an alternative to Kulusevski, and not sure Maddison is versatile enough.

They don't fly economy.

Sounds more like personal opinion than ITK

Was very keen on Eze when at QPR before going to Palace, but not sure where he would fit in at Spurs now.

Madison very anti Spurs (and anti Bale in his youth). I think he would have been an alternative to Eriksen when he played as a no 10, but now Conte's teams seem to set up with creativity coming from wing backs and Kulusevski type forward, not sure where Maddison would fit in except as an alternative to Kulusevski, and not sure Maddison is versatile enough.
Haha anti spurs and anti Bale? He posted one tweet

James Maddison is class, if Conte wants to use 3-5-2 as his main formation this season then I wouldn't mind spending a ton our budget on him. He is two footed and a great set piece taker as well.

Yeah I don’t care for Maddison on a personal level but he’s an amazing player. I think he was 18-12 last year in all comps and he’s still only 25.

James Maddison is class, if Conte wants to use 3-5-2 as his main formation this season then I wouldn't mind spending a ton our budget on him. He is two footed and a great set piece taker as well.

2 seasons ago he was mostly just an assist/goal scorer but his press resistance, defensive work rate and other more general midfield elements were top notch last season he has really improved. He has added steel to flair, he would be an outstanding signing but a very very expensive one.

The headline says Lenglet-Tottenham agreement for his transfer.

Xavi's giving Lenglet an extra week of vacation to sort out his future. And, yes, they are also quoting Fabrizio :cool:

Acuerdo Lenglet-Tottenham para su cesión​

La salida de Clement Lenglet del FC Barcelona es inminente. El central dejará el club azulgrana pero no en forma de traspaso, sino en una cesión al Tottenham Hotspurs.

En las últimas horas, desde SPORT hemos informado que el jugador debía dar luz verde a la operación, y así parece haber sido. El periodista Fabrizio Romano afirma que, a falta de pequeños flecos, el acuerdo entre clubes es total y el anuncio se debería llevar a cabo en las próximas horas.

Xavi le dio a Lenglet una semana extra de vacaciones para resolver su futuro​

Lo cierto es que la continuidad de Lenglet ya se planteaba como complicada, ya que Xavi le había comunicado al futbolista que disponía de una semana más de vacaciones para buscar un equipo para la próxima temporada, una clara muestra de que el técnico egarense le ha abierto la puerta.æ

Back
Top Bottom