Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

We basically have to buy a homegrown player this window, and honestly two would be better. Spence, Gordon, Maddison, and Guehi linked. Homegrown are naturally overpriced, we’re going to have to overpay somewhere.

That’s why I think 20m for Spence, more than we’d want to pay for sure, isn’t that big of a deal considering Guehi would be 40+, Maddison 50+, and Gordon I’d think 35+ unless Everton is truly fucked.

We’re going to have to overpay somewhere.

Last edited:
Realistically we could, going into next season field the following team made up of 25 years of age or under:

Austen
Spence
Romero
Tanganga
Sessegnon
Bentancur
Skipp
Bissouma
Kulusevski
Gil
Richarlison

When people talk about Conte wanting the here and now when he's been at Chelsea and Inter etc, I think they massively overlook what he has at his disposal in an age bracket that has massive scope to grow.

GK aside it's a team full of first team and international experience that hasn't come anywhere near their peak years. The rebuild done and in the process of getting done should be applauded as it was only a year or so ago we were limping with numbers of good quality depth.

It'll be interesting to see how this potential u25 first XI differs to what we have come the end of the transfer window but its got a lot going for it regardless.

Maddison is going to be way to expensive. Leicester don’t have to sell like Everton do and if they do sell Maddison I could see it being something like 70 mil

Maddison is going to be way to expensive. Leicester don’t have to sell like Everton do and if they do sell Maddison I could see it being something like 70 mil

And? It's not as if we can't afford it?

You're paying premium for homegrown regardless so a deal like that will always cost money.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Maddison but if the manager wants...

The headline says Lenglet-Tottenham agreement for his transfer.

Xavi's giving Lenglet an extra week of vacation to sort out his future. And, yes, they are also quoting Fabrizio :cool:

Acuerdo Lenglet-Tottenham para su cesión​

La salida de Clement Lenglet del FC Barcelona es inminente. El central dejará el club azulgrana pero no en forma de traspaso, sino en una cesión al Tottenham Hotspurs.

En las últimas horas, desde SPORT hemos informado que el jugador debía dar luz verde a la operación, y así parece haber sido. El periodista Fabrizio Romano afirma que, a falta de pequeños flecos, el acuerdo entre clubes es total y el anuncio se debería llevar a cabo en las próximas horas.

Xavi le dio a Lenglet una semana extra de vacaciones para resolver su futuro​

Lo cierto es que la continuidad de Lenglet ya se planteaba como complicada, ya que Xavi le había comunicado al futbolista que disponía de una semana más de vacaciones para buscar un equipo para la próxima temporada, una clara muestra de que el técnico egarense le ha abierto la puerta.æ

Lenglet has been reported to be 'about to sign for some time'.

Question is whether this is the last 'Lenglet's signing is imminent ? before its 'Here we go' and an official announcement !

And? It's not as if we can't afford it?

You're paying premium for homegrown regardless so a deal like that will always cost money.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Maddison but if the manager wants...

I would 100% take Maddison if our money can stretch to it, which I think it can and does.

He fits everything we need, is HG and his best years ahead of him.

An attack that offers Maddison, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lucas, Son and Kane would push for the title. It has danger and variety all over the shop to deal with teams thar sit deep, push up, press etc. If we can get him we really should.

Inter Milan ITK unhappy with their transfer window.

Note he's sure Bremer is NOT joining Inter ......

A report from DiMarzio around 6hrs ago said Akanji is third choice cb behind Bremer and Milenkovic. Obviously things can change, or he could go elsewhere. Interested to see where he ends up, and if his ability with the ball improves under a different coach/system.

We basically have to buy a homegrown player this window, and honestly two would be better. Spence, Gordon, Maddison, and Guehi linked. Homegrown are naturally overpriced, we’re going to have to overpay somewhere.

That’s why I think 20m for Spence, more than we’d want to pay for sure, isn’t that big of a deal considering Guehi would be 40+, Maddison 50+, and Gordon I’d think 35+ unless Everton is truly fucked.

We’re going to have to overpay somewhere.
I‘d happily take Spence and Linguard on a free to help homegrown quota.

Use funds wisely rather than waste on meh.

Back
Top Bottom