Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dragon on coys

Conte wants Spence but we are playing hardball because the lad wants us but the deal will get done for somewhere in the teens

our forward money is likely to be going to goodison rather than Yorkshire

conte wants defenders , a good chance rodon goes we have interest so will need two unless tanganga takes the 6th center half spot ( 2 each position with 3 at back )
I’d go for Richarlison, Spence, Fabian Ruiz, a top quality LCB, young CB to replace Rodon, and the that young LB Udogie with him being loaned back to Italy until Perisic’s contract is up.

It’s definitely a lot of players in, but if we’re selling Bergwijn, Emerson, Rodon, Reguilon for even just 80% of what we paid for them plus 15-20m for Winks, we really should have the money to get it all done.

It's probably very unlike that we do, but I would still be keen to see what people would prefer.
  1. Get a bigger name LCB with either Raphina or Richarlison
  2. Get a lesser name LCB with both Raphina and Richarlison

I'm aware that the finances for both aren't like for like, as option 2 would still be 20-30m more.
2. But partly coz it looks like the lesser name LCB will be what happens anyway

You know what... Lucas to Everton or Leeds as a sweetener and Bergwijn out the door to make a front 5 option of Kane, Richarlison, Son, Kulusevski and Raphina would leave us in a RIDICULOUS situation when it comes to options to make the most out of.

Raphina and Kulusevski competing on the right, Richarlison and Sonny on the left, Kane and Richarlison competing up top in a season that will span 50 games plus a mid season break. Liking how versatile that would be and how it would massively take advantage of the 5 man sub rule coming in.

I can see us getting one but not both- whoever signs second might get cold feet about lack of games. This is where the Eriksen signing would be super useful- can rotate at LW/RW and CM, so not as worried about potential lack of games. Maybe if he doesn't come, another player of similar skillset can be found? Gil almost fits here, but I fear is just not ready yet.

5 attackers for 3 spots
4cms for 2 spots
5 wbs for 2 spots
5 cbs for 3 spots
3 gks
= 22 players

2 free spots left, unless we solve the club trained riddle?

Eriksen and Tanganga would fill it out nicely, though Japh really does need a full season loan somewhere.

Raphinha covers LW though, and Son can operate at CF imo. Many times during matches he's basically at CF with Kane CAM.

The choice, if Kane is injured, is this:
Son Richarlison Kulu vs Raphinha Son Kulu

But if everyone is fully fit, Raphinha has much better chance of breaking into our starting XI by challenging Kulu. Rich is poor at RW, and realistically will never be better than Son/Kane.

Why do you think Raphinha can't play in a front 2?
He plays on the right not the left (Raphina)

I think it’s more that he’s a tremendous player and he wants him in his plans
I'm not saying Conte wants to sell or keep him, As a manager or owner you would always say they are in your plans & sign a new contract as it keeps the player on board and keeps their value up
you wouldn't say a player is unless or needs to go as that devalues his price and until he is sold you may have to use him

Drogba goes down when an ant touches him, Richarlison loves the dark arts of football, he is a prick but he would be our prick, a Diego Costa who can also play wing. You would probably be better asking the EvertonFan on the forum but he is not physically weak by any means he is aggressive and a fighter.

I mean, Son dives around like a prick, we all know it. I specifically asked why people think Richarlison would provide a physical aspect? He doesn't seem interested in standing up so that isn't likely. This idea we need him to cover Kane, I assume providing a player who can hold the ball up is mad if he spends more time on the deck "playing the dark arts" than he does fighting off defenders.
I'm not against him coming as much as I was, but I think if people think he's gonna stand up top and hold the ball up to play people in, any better than Jesus, Sterling or Raphinha (the other forwards banded about) I think people would be in for a shock.

Have you tried B&Q mate? The hoes there are pretty durable. You'd not get much change out of a 20 note though. Just a suggestion

Hohohoho

Great player my only concern is his physique is a bit light for the PL.

That's you're only concern? Not the fact Atleti paid over £100m for him and would want it back?
Whenever I've seen him he looks, at best, a slightly above average striker.

Back
Top Bottom