Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool starting their business early.

Fabio Carvalho: Fulham forward to join Liverpool on 1 July - Liverpool sign Carvalho from
This was always going to happen after they ran out of time to get the deal finished in january i guess. It’s hard to see how they can really strengthen their first 11 though. City needed a striker and got Haaland. We can close the gap quite a bit if we buy upgrades.

TBH there are 8-9 senior players I wouldn’t mind saying goodbye to this summer, but I really doubt Levy will replace all and I think too many players requires the squad time to gel

FFS Levy, BUY NOW not last minute and waste half season settling gelling. Will you ever fukcing learn?

Priorities:
Decent L & R wingers
Decent back up striker
MID
CB

That's 5 players and really minimum requirement, will cost around £200m, don't think that tight so and so will spend. At least buy the first 2 lines.

Levy:

Scared Happy Gilmore GIF

Been hoping for this for at least 15 years tbh.

MATT don't you start with me I swear to god!!!!
You can swear to imaginary beings all you like 😂

Think about our better signings over the years

Defoe, Carrick, Kanoute, Parker, Keane, Robinson. I don't have time to go back year on year and look for them all, but we have done very well from signing relegated teams players.
And it's not just us - Winjaldum to Liverpool, Joe Cole to Chelsea, Roy Keane to Man United.

There's good deals to be done and success to be had with this tactic.

That said, I'm glad Everton stayed up so we don't sniff around Richarlison. Fucking hate that prick.

TBH there are 8-9 senior players I wouldn’t mind saying goodbye to this summer, but I really doubt Levy will replace all and I think too many players requires the squad time to gel

Do our business, don't say it too loudly, early, and maybe they might gel.
Rather than selling 5 in June and signing 7 in September.

I am going yo make a prediction here like I made the prediction in Febuary about us making the 4th.

Levy is going to spend a few more quids this summer. So relax. Mark this post again lol

I'd bet any money we bring in six or more this summer.
Totally agree. There seems to be an awful lot of expectation management going on. Look at our bench yesterday. 4 kids who will probably be out on loan next season. We only had 5 injuries and 1 of those was Tanganga. How does that squad push the top 3, play champions league football, with 5 subs next season and a world cup slapped in the middle?

This Bale chat needs to stop.

Even Eriksen I'm a bit iffy on just on how keen he was to leave the club, not sure he really wants to come back. But I'd be willing to give it a go as he's proven he can still cut it in the prem.

I was not fan of having Bale back last time around.
And success of his spell was mixed.

However now I would be on board with it, until he himself would be motivated.

Why?
Two main reasons -
1) Now we would not take him as starter as an expectation - we have Son; Kane; Kulu nailed to first choice attacking players. Bale would be a nice touch of class to bring on or use for specific occasions.
2) While under Mou, we had no structure. No steel in us. Everyone had to defend and press and so on. I believe (if Conte wants him ofc! and only then!) that in Conte's system, Bale's role could be different. Expectations for him would be different.

But once more - it all hinges on the clause that Conte would have to want him here.

Back
Top Bottom