Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are obviously don’t seem able to see any other point of view than your own so maybe I will simplify it for you . Would you or anyone else that is pro Richarlison have been asking Spurs to go out and sign him IF there had never been links with Spurs? In other words, to dumb it down for you further, of all the players available in Italy, England, Spain etc., is Richarlison a player you would have selected for your Spurs short list?

I fucking doubt it and yet a link shows up and many start drooling and thinking he is the best fit and exactly what we need, a Conte type etc etc. conte wants character, not a diving whinging self centred ponce.

I’ve watched a fair bit of Richarlison when he played at Watford and at Everton and nothing he does footbal wise is worth the shit he does and the baggage and attitude he will bring. That again is my opinion and if you don’t agree it makes no difference to me. You are entitled to yours and you may even be correct. He may be the Messiah Spurs need and want but I very much doubt it. We shall see.

I think you missed my earlier post....

OK..... List us some proven "much better" players that can play both CF & WF and are available for 50m or less.....

You said earlier that this would be easy......

if we took out 100m

there must be a big signing on the way

would be disappointing if its 60 for rich
I wouldn’t. He is not a player that i would buy if manager myself, but then i am not the manager. Conte is and Richarlison is very much his type of player. Conte knows what he needs for his system. 60M is about right in todays market and in a system like Conte’s he will do very well i think. It will help us win titles.

If you are going to spend big on a player like this then a prem proven player with the right attitude is a safe bet, beter than similar fee on the likes of N’dombele but peopke like that because he is more of an unknown and flashy. Reality is that kind if purchase us riskier and results in lost money. So i am all for us spending 60M on Richarlison.

Then no - one would risk at buying players for higher prices. Because they all can flop lol.

Of course you cannot say 100%, but I’m 90% sure he’ll be world class in years to come. I watched him play for 100 matches. Top rated young CB in the world.
100 matches?? He played 40 at RB in all comps and 24 at Dynamo. You saying you watched all those? Come on. Really?? And what are the other 35 matches from U19?

Inevitably; "In Conte We Trust" was just bullshit slogan-eering wasn't it.......?

What was really meant for many was "Buy all players that I want and don't make me wait either, you tight bald-cunt... ".

ties-r-us-pre-tied-bright-yellow-satin-boys-tie-age-4-7-p2632-19340_zoom.jpg

We're also a club that would struggle to hold on to him if he he becomes good enough for Real Madrid in a few years.

If we refuse to sell he'd walk on a free, and we'd not get much more than 80m in any case.
Maybe we'll be at Real Madrid levels by the time his contract is close to ending. That should be the goal, anyhow.

Not really sure what you mean. So yes I suppose I did miss your earlier posts and I was responding to ShadyDan. So can you clarify??

I posted it in reply to you yesterday when you said it ought to be easy to find someone better for less money.

....Which part of this needs translation?

"List us some proven "much better" players [than Richarlison] that can play both CF & WF and are available for 50m or less....."

I posted it in reply to you yesterday when you said it ought to be easy to find someone better for less money.

"List us some proven "much better" players [than Richarlison] that can play both CF & WF and are available for 50m or less....."
So you are asking me to find a list of better options than Richarlison? Is that it because I did not see your reply yesterday. To be honest I think you may have me mixed up with somebody else that doesn’t rate Richarlison

Purely as a player he is ok…it’s the rest of the shit he brings that I don’t want at Spurs

You obviously don’t seem able to see any other point of view than your own so maybe I will simplify it for you . Would you or anyone else that is pro Richarlison have been asking Spurs to go out and sign him IF there had never been links with Spurs? In other words, to dumb it down for you further, of all the players available in Italy, England, Spain etc., is Richarlison a player you would have selected for your Spurs short list?

I fucking doubt it and yet a link shows up and many start drooling and thinking he is the best fit and exactly what we need, a Conte type etc etc. conte wants character, not a diving whinging self centred ponce.

I’ve watched a fair bit of Richarlison when he played at Watford and at Everton and nothing he does footbal wise is worth the shit he does and the baggage and attitude he will bring. That again is my opinion and if you don’t agree it makes no difference to me. You are entitled to yours and you may even be correct. He may be the Messiah Spurs need and want but I very much doubt it. We shall see.

Ok for 50-60 mill who would you prefer us to sign instead of Richarlie?

Ok for 50-60 mill who would you prefer us to sign instead of Richarlie?
Again I ask you. If Richarlison had never been linked to Spurs, would you be on here saying we should spunk £50-60m on him? Would he even be in a single post?

Would Liverpool or City want him?

Woolwich might because he terrorized their shit defence but ask Romero if he wants him at Spurs.

You are obviously don’t seem able to see any other point of view than your own so maybe I will simplify it for you . Would you or anyone else that is pro Richarlison have been asking Spurs to go out and sign him IF there had never been links with Spurs? In other words, to dumb it down for you further, of all the players available in Italy, England, Spain etc., is Richarlison a player you would have selected for your Spurs short list?

Well this is quite awkward isn't it...
Don't mind Richarlison, plenty of potential to work on and will settle in our team like a duck to water. If he's gonna be a backup to Son we could do a lot worse.

Richarlison would be a great signing quality player.

So I guess that blows your patronising little argument about not rating Richarlison pre links out of the water, I've always been a fan of Richarlison, even if you don't see his quality which I won't argue with as that's your opinion however you seem downplaying the links just because you don't like him as a player which is laughable.

And context matters in this instance by the way, I'm sure there is lots of strikers that we can take a gamble on across Europe and purchase them for less but unless you can think of any other realistic signing that would be good enough to play across the front 3 and be happy at not being a certified starter...I think it's a good time for you to maybe put some alternatives on the table seeing as you're hellbent on not wanting Rich.

Jesus was my 2nd choice I liked by the way but he seemingly is probably tired of being in rotation and wants to be the main man at Woolwich which is fair, other than that some players had crossed my mind but they play in 1 position whilst Richarlison can cover all 3.

Where does this "attitude" perception come from? Just because you say something enough times doesn't make it true. Everton fans have come on here and stated he's an emotional willing to die for the cause kind of player.

Again I ask you. If Richarlison had never been linked to Spurs, would you be on here saying we should spunk £50-60m on him? Would he even be in a single post?

Would Liverpool or City want him?

Woolwich might because he terrorized their shit defence but ask Romero if he wants him at Spurs.

I've liked him since he was at Watford. Of course I want him to cut out the theatrics and diving and just concentrate on the football.

So, any other alternatives in the same price range?

Well this is quite awkward isn't it...

So I guess that blows your patronising little argument about not rating Richarlison pre links out of the water, I've always been a fan of Richarlison, even if you don't see his quality which I won't argue with as that's your opinion however you seem downplaying the links just because you don't like him as a player which is laughable.

And context matters in this instance by the way, I'm sure there is lots of strikers that we can take a gamble on across Europe and purchase them for less but unless you can think of any other realistic signing that would be good enough to play across the front 3 and be happy at not being a certified starter...I think it's a good time for you to maybe put some alternatives on the table seeing as you're hellbent on not wanting Rich.

Jesus was my 2nd choice I liked by the way but he seemingly is probably tired of being in rotation and wants to be the main man at Woolwich which is fair, other than that some players had crossed my mind but they play in 1 position whilst Richarlison can cover all 3.
Don’t see it as being awkward at all. Don’t really care to look back but I have to ask when you posted those comments about “Richie” as you call him. Before the season ended? Because we have been linked with him from pretty much the off and even before the window opened FFS!

I also disagree that we buy a player based upon an ability to be “flexible” across a front three. We are a big enough club to buy players that target specific positions and should conduct our transfer business accordingly.

And at the risk of beating a dead horse, my reasoning for not wanting “Richie” at Spurs is more about the daftness of people saying shit like “ yes he’s a cunt but he is our cunt” comments. We want strong mentality, group mentality and not diving whinging me mentality players. My experience watching Richarlison is he is the latter and as such is a firm NO. A bit like Neymar without the brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom