Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"We've got £150m!"

jonah-hill-yay.gif

Gvardiol: £80m
Raphina: £65m

= £145m

".........Why no RB, LB, LCB, CB, RW, DM, #10 or CF, you tight bald cunt????"

:harryhmm:
No one (mostly) wants Gvardiol for 80m.

This is price wise, realistic: #3,780

Of course transfers have many moving parts so not all those will be possible, but I think I have shown that bringing in Raphinha, Richarlison as well as good defensive reinforcements is not out of our supposed budget.

Salah has a year left. I would gladly spunk £75 on him than even £50 on Richarlison.

You want a statement signing that puts us instantly in the Title race? Kane , Son and Salah with Kulu as backup or as the tip of a mid 3?

Unrealistic? Wages may be an issue, Pool may not deal with us but not out of the realm of possibility.

I said realistic

I guess one cannot have a bad game.

Let’s agree to disagree. I watched him a lot, I do rate him. Spurs won’t pay 100M for him maybe 70-80M€ max. I hope.

Spurs fans want club to spend money, but just in region of 50M on one player. It’s hilarious in today’s market. And they want titles🤦‍♂️
How many fucking times it has to be repeated.

You are preaching for paying close to world record fee for someone who will never ever (and no player in his position has been or will not be) be worth much more than the money we would have to pay for him.

You sound really stupid with the ending. About "want to spend max 50 mil and win titles" - what the fuck. You are literally suggesting us to throw money left and right. 80 here and 100 there. This is pretty much what ManU has done in past 5 years. How many titles do they have to show for it.

And also for the last time - it does not have to be about purely money. I think that getting in Bissouma and Perisic for 25mil has been beyond awesome. Though not splashing excessive cash.

in a world where gvardiol is priced 80M, how much is romero?

I think the key to that question is the fact that Romero is now proving himself in the toughest league in the world.

.....Whereas we're talking about CBs from a league who's defenses made a 'star' out of Timo Werner.

Last edited:
No one (mostly) wants Gvardiol for 80m.

This is price wise, realistic: #3,780

Of course transfers have many moving parts so not all those will be possible, but I think I have shown that bringing in Raphinha, Richarlison as well as good defensive reinforcements is not out of our supposed budget.

....Btw, I tend to think we're on our way to doing something similar to what your post suggests.

Expecting it all to be done within 15 days of the English trf window opening (whilst Europe doesn't even open til 1st July) is more than a bit overzealous however.

Last edited:
Salah has a year left. I would gladly spunk £75 on him than even £50 on Richarlison.

You want a statement signing that puts us instantly in the Title race? Kane , Son and Salah with Kulu as backup or as the tip of a mid 3?

Unrealistic? Wages may be an issue, Pool may not deal with us but not out of the realm of possibility.
You do realize in a transfer the player actually has to agree to sign a new contract? Salah is not going to decide to come here. The level of delusion on some people…

Don’t see it as being awkward at all. Don’t really care to look back but I have to ask when you posted those comments about “Richie” as you call him. Before the season ended? Because we have been linked with him from pretty much the off and even before the window opened FFS!

I also disagree that we buy a player based upon an ability to be “flexible” across a front three. We are a big enough club to buy players that target specific positions and should conduct our transfer business accordingly.

And at the risk of beating a dead horse, my reasoning for not wanting “Richie” at Spurs is more about the daftness of people saying shit like “ yes he’s a cunt but he is our cunt” comments. We want strong mentality, group mentality and not diving whinging me mentality players. My experience watching Richarlison is he is the latter and as such is a firm NO. A bit like Neymar without the brilliance.

Click on the links I've provided in the post, one was in April and one was end of May, show me where we've been linked to him before and I'm not talking tenuous links that we seem to have with a lot of players, I mean concrete links and I'll be happy to concede, until then you just accept the fact that some people may like players you don't like shock horror.

Buying players based on flexibility is a factor not the sole reason. Of course we are big enough to buy players for specific positions but again tell me what's the realistic alternative? Okay for arguments sake if you want Raphinia for example he can cover the wide positions but who will cover Kane? Why choose an option who'd be able to cover all 3 positions as opposed to 2?

I'd argue that has a strong mentality, comes up clutch a lot of times for Everton and he kept them up last season, if you're saying that he has a bad attitude and is weak mentally then that goes against what Conte likes in a player, maybe you perceive the diving and shithousery as that, I don't think Conte does.

The strange thing is you wanted Salah yet he dives and whinges at refs as well, make it make sense please?

Well I'm not going to put an exact percentage on it as I'm not a top-level football scout or coach, that's for those at the club to decide. But after years of fans moaning about us not pushing to the next level let's just keep playing safe and barely upgrading on what we already have.
Since when does spunking £80M on an inexperienced CB, with a single year under his belt, equate to "pushing to the next level?"

Who's to say Bremer won't do that, or even Lenglet, if he finds the form that he had pre and early Barca?

As has been proven time and time again, for every expensive signing that was a success, there's at least one who was the exact opposite. Just as a low price isn't an indicator that a player will not step up to a higher level. Far too many variables for it to be as black and white as many in here would have you believe.

As I've said previously, who we get in, and what price they are, is irrelevant if said player has been identified as needed or wanted by the Manager and DoF.

Salah is not going to come to Spurs even if we were t match his salary expectations , absolute non starter

Back
Top Bottom