Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next big-5 league stars

Issue number 366 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 100 players born in 2002 or after active in 31 European leagues outside of the big-5 with the highest InStat Index. The latter takes into consideration footballers’ pitch production depending on position played (centre back, winger, etc.) and the general level of the matches in which they participated.

Jet9Iex.png

jV9OJUn.png

9cwbb8V.png

46jwkWL.png
Share this with our scouting dept. Oh wait...

Last edited:
(whispers) I actually think he's a bit overrated. Not to say I'd be unhappy if we signed him because he's a huge upgrade on our current options, but for the price Wolves would want it'd be a dodgy one. He's got an excellent passing range and contributes both defensively & offensively well, but he's painfully immobile at times. This season he's stepped it up a good deal again but I do think he's been a bit meh for a large part of his time in the top division, I've actually mostly been more impressed with Moutinho.

I saw some people talk about Milinkovic Savic, and now that's a player I'd be ultra excited if we could bring him in. All the tools to do well in England.
Milinkovic-Savic is a monster, absolute beast of a CM. He can do it all. But there's been rumours in Italy for a fair bit of time now that he's on his way to either Inter or Juve at the end of this season.

One to watch for sure

He'll be turning 20 by the time the season has started (well in September) so hopefully he'll become a part of the Spurs squad next season...

Highlight videos really need to turn the clock back 5 years and once again start featuring the shittiest possible dubstep remixes. Dubstep is the clear choice for football highlight videos because they highlight and complement how shitty they both are.

I’d raid villa in the summer for Luiz and Cash. Maybe that fella from Brighton too, attacking midfielder.
Luiz is nothing special.

Matty Cash is a super little player, but it'd take some serious dosh to get him, so maybe we should do some good scouting and get the next Cash from the Ch'ship or abroad.

I know Lamptey is great at Brighton but I just have a bad feeling if he ever joined us. And if you were talking about Bissouma too, no thanks. Obviously innocent til proven guilty and all that, but we don't need a dude who has those doubts over him.

Luiz is nothing special.

Matty Cash is a super little player, but it'd take some serious dosh to get him, so maybe we should do some good scouting and get the next Cash from the Ch'ship or abroad.

I know Lamptey is great at Brighton but I just have a bad feeling if he ever joined us. And if you were talking about Bissouma too, no thanks. Obviously innocent til proven guilty and all that, but we don't need a dude who has those doubts over him.
Trossard I think

He'll be turning 20 by the time the season has started (well in September) so hopefully he'll become a part of the Spurs squad next season...

It's not really a matter of age for me, but more the fact that he's not had a great season at Metz. One could argue he's not even had a good one. French fans and journos saying the transfer defo turned his head, but there's also the fact Metz are very poor and that he's not played in the same position as the previous year.

All in all, I'd be in favour of letting him go out on loan for another year, but to a much better team than Metz in France (Lens, Monaco, Lyon...) or here in the UK.

We haven't signed anyone yet. Just shows that enic are cunts and Conte is going to walk. We must protest and give up season tickets

Highlight videos really need to turn the clock back 5 years and once again start featuring the shittiest possible dubstep remixes. Dubstep is the clear choice for football highlight videos because they highlight and complement how shitty they both are.
Probably one of the worst highlights vid I've ever watched. Full of very ordinary moments.

"Wow look at this guy tackling his opponent by the corner flag!"

"Man did you see how he intercepted that very poor pass from the other team!"

"The way he cleared that cross and sent it out for a throw in 20 yards away from his goal was so hot!"

Probably one of the worst highlights vid I've ever watched. Full of very ordinary moments.

"Wow look at this guy tackling his opponent by the corner flag!"

"Man did you see how he intercepted that very poor pass from the other team!"

"The way he cleared that cross and sent it out for a throw in 20 yards away from his goal was so hot!"
I cut it off pretty quickly too.

The video makes him look like late Dele Alli.

Trossard I think
Yeah very good player already, and got loads more in the tank. But same as with Cash, would be damn expensive so probably better off finding the next Trossard.

If Villa, Brighton and others can unearth gems, surely we could too with a bit of effort from our scouting geniuses

It's not really a matter of age for me, but more the fact that he's not had a great season at Metz. One could argue he's not even had a good one. French fans and journos saying the transfer defo turned his head, but there's also the fact Metz are very poor and that he's not played in the same position as the previous year.

All in all, I'd be in favour of letting him go out on loan for another year, but to a much better team than Metz in France (Lens, Monaco, Lyon...) or here in the UK.

It's becoming a cliche, but the 'Skipp/Champo challengers' loan route would be perfect.

Hoping for a more diverse, broader net from Fab & Co, this window..... It will have been virtually a year since he took over and began the revamp of the whole scouting network that had been reported on a number of occasions:

Fab: D.O.F.
Hitchens: Kids & Lower leagues.
Scouts: More and new.

Djed Spence possibly?
Might be a good signing long term. But expect one of our main additions this summer will be a starting rwb, a player that will be pivotal to how successful Conte's Tottenham will be in 22/23 and hopefully 23/24 if he signs for another year. That player won't be Spence, and I doubt it'll be Matty Cash. Don't expect it'll be Lamptey unless he starts stringing together 90mins for Brighton.

Three I'd not be surprised to see us linked with/again would be Singo, Carrasco, Maehle

Djed Spence possibly?
Well if you believe Boro and the media, there's definite interest in the lad from Spurs.

I've got a few mates who are Forest fans, and one who follows Boro, and they all agree he's got potential. He's had a few very solid games for Forest, but another few where he was bang average, not to say he played badly.

At 5 mil + bonuses, I'd say worth a shot. But it seems Boro wants mini 15 mil. I wouldn't spend that. Yes, he's young and British, but that's a lot of money for a guy who's got one decent season in the Championship on his resume. Plus, some of my Forest friends tell me he's not got the best attitude. They've seen him on several nights out and he apparently carries himself like he's the best RB in the universe and a gangsta from the worst hoods in Chicago.

Might be a good signing long term. But expect one of our main additions this summer will be a starting rwb, a player that will be pivotal to how successful Conte's Tottenham will be in 22/23 and hopefully 23/24 if he signs for another year. That player won't be Spence, and I doubt it'll be Matty Cash. Don't expect it'll be Lamptey unless he starts stringing together 90mins for Brighton.

Three I'd not be surprised to see us linked with/again would be Singo, Carrasco, Maehle
Maehle is my wet dream. Superb player. So versatile. Awesome attitude. If Atalanta said 40 or 50 mil, just pay it, no haggling. They might be interested in some of our unwanted guys too, so that could make it a real nice bargain

Maehle is my wet dream. Superb player. So versatile. Awesome attitude. If Atalanta said 40 or 50 mil, just pay it, no haggling. They might be interested in some of our unwanted guys too, so that could make it a real nice bargain

We've got a couple of promising young players with Serie A experience that might tickle their fancy....... :troll:

Yeah, he's great. Haven't seen much of him this season tbh. Playing in Italy makes it more likely. Same with Singo, I watched some Torino to get a look at Bremer, and Singo is an absolutely weapon at RWB. Might be a bit raw but there's some serious ability there.

Back
Top Bottom